Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Avengers 2014 September solicitations

http://www.newsarama.com/21364-marve...-avengers.html

Definitely looking forward to both avengers and new avengers time jump.

Was hoping for a better solicit than that for both Avengers and New Avengers. Regardless, both will be on pull list.

Avengers Undercover is ending. After only 10 issues which is a shame.

What's with the .1 issue for Avengers? Seems like it should be an annual instead of a point one.

lol those vague as hell solicits, expectable but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- is Avengers world #12 a one issue story, or did i miss a step in August? Guess I'd better go back and see. And where's Uncanny Avengers in the solicits?
    No, they just spoiled that a new Euroforce team will be formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Was hoping for a better solicit than that for both Avengers and New Avengers. Regardless, both will be on pull list.

What's with the .1 issue for Avengers? Seems like it should be an annual instead of a point one.
    I was thinking it could be that the .1 will stay in the current time while the normal Avengers goes forward with New Avengers.

I don't read Secret Avengers but that's a cool cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post

But looking at the numbers... ouch. New Warriors won't be far behind.

Avengers Undercover ends after only 10 issues? Well that sucks.

Hopefully it ends well and we will see Hopeless work on more after this series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

OH No! I can't believe Undercover! I love that series! Hopefully it's just morphing into something new.

Regarding the end of Undercover (My favorite Marvel title), I have some thoughts that may have to do with a possible change of trend on publishing policies, and I would like to see your thoughts.

http://javi150190.tumblr.com/post/88...-down-upon-her
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Amazing Member

Sad about Undercover, but it didn't have the hype going into it like Arena did, not to mention we only had the two Runaways as "star power." Hopefully the ending is good.

So- is Avengers world #12 a one issue story, or did i miss a step in August? Guess I'd better go back and see. And where's Uncanny Avengers in the solicits?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    Regarding the end of Undercover (My favorite Marvel title), I have some thoughts that may have to do with a possible change of trend on publishing policies, and I would like to see your thoughts.

http://javi150190.tumblr.com/post/88...-down-upon-her
    I think each title gets a different mandate depending on how it is expected to perform or how long the writer can stay on. I am sure Marvel would still prefer the big names to commit to a couple years or more on a title. Riskier books are probably asked for 6 to 10 issue story arc and then see how it performs before extending that run by small amounts. Now, some people might think that some of these books are released as ongoings but are really always intended as limited runs, but I doubt that. If any of these books were selling 30K and not falling, they would probably not be ending.