Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Did Copperhead get cancelled too!!!! >:(

Seriously folks this is why we can't have nice things. Secret Identities, Dynamo5 and Now Copperhead. (If it did get cancelled) I f***k**g hate starting new series only to have them cancelled after such a short run. And I hate when good books are neglected/ignored for mainstreme books from the big two.

Yeah I found that after I posted.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

"not very close" to getting some issues complete. wonder what the delay is.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

The art side of this book really seems to be taking a long time. The last issue came out in October. I know they wanted issues in the can so that it could come out monthly again, but after the April solicits, it'll be 6 months. Seriously, are they drawing an entire arc before soliciting again?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The art side of this book really seems to be taking a long time. The last issue came out in October. I know they wanted issues in the can so that it could come out monthly again, but after the April solicits, it'll be 6 months. Seriously, are they drawing an entire arc before soliciting again?
    Its possible Image was on the fence about approving a third arc and waited until they saw the Volume 2 trade sales or something.

All-New Member

Copperhead hasn't been cancelled. And yes, we're completing the next arc before we solicit it. That's the only way to guarantee it comes out on time. Scott is currently drawing DARK & BLOODY for Vertigo, so he's juggling that with his COPPERHEAD work. No one's more disappointed than us about this delay. But we'd rather have an arc that can be read monthly than delays in between issues.

-- Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Faerber View Post
    Copperhead hasn't been cancelled. And yes, we're completing the next arc before we solicit it. That's the only way to guarantee it comes out on time. Scott is currently drawing DARK & BLOODY for Vertigo, so he's juggling that with his COPPERHEAD work. No one's more disappointed than us about this delay. But we'd rather have an arc that can be read monthly than delays in between issues.

-- Jay
    Thanks Jay. I appreciate you coming onto the forum to clarify the current status. I'd rather wait months between arcs than months between issues of an arc myself. And COPPERHEAD is definitely worth waiting for.

But not too much longer, please?
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Faerber View Post

-- Jay

Thank you too Jay for clearing up what is going on with the art. Is Scott always going to be doing Dark and Bloody at the same time as Copperhead or is it a temporary thing so he can come back to Copperhead full time? I really miss it right now.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Patiently waiting! Just another series I follow which is stretched out across my lifetime....heh heh heh.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'm a little behind on my reading so I didn't even realize the delay was going on. But I'm very glad that the series isn't canceled.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Can't wait for Copperhead to come back. I've turned one of my other friends on to it too. I got him interested when I told him it has a Firefly/Star Wars feel to it. It's really awesome.

Spectacular Member

Glad this is just a delay. I loved the first two arcs, and I can't wait to keep reading.

I no longer think this is a delay. A delay to me is a 2-3 month setback due to scheduling, etc. This looks like a complete failure to prioritize workload. And it irks me because just like Scott Snyder's "Wytches" and Frank Barbiere's "Five Ghosts", it'll be yet another book that I stuck with for a year after being told the story would continue, and not one peep.

Every time this happens I lose a little bit of faith in independent books. At least Tim Seeley and Greg Rucka are still writing their series'.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Viking View Post
    I no longer think this is a delay. A delay to me is a 2-3 month setback due to scheduling, etc. This looks like a complete failure to prioritize workload. And it irks me because just like Scott Snyder's "Wytches" and Frank Barbiere's "Five Ghosts", it'll be yet another book that I stuck with for a year after being told the story would continue, and not one peep.

Every time this happens I lose a little bit of faith in independent books. At least Tim Seeley and Greg Rucka are still writing their series'.

I can't disagree with you. Won't these delays/snipe cancellations cause you to think twice about jumping in feet first on the next Faeber, Snyder, and Barbiere books? They have really killed the Image momentum for me.

I really hope we get more Five Ghosts, but I am in no way counting on it and I won't believe Barbiere is still working on the series until I see previews for the next issue.