Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know. I think if you'd have asked Marv Wolfman back in 1985 he'd have said something like "Of course I didn't make Deathstroke a rapist. How could you say... Oh, hang on... I see what you mean. ****. That was not what I intended."
    I doubt it. There's a feature on the Judas Contract Blu-Ray called "Deathstroke: Villain Rising" which features Wolfman and Perez. And in it, Wolfman makes it very clear he sees Slade as a victim not a villain.

Good thing he isn't writing the character now and it is very rare that I say that about a character's original creator.

BANNED

People who say more or less, "I demand that a comic that failed be relaunched and with absolutely nothing changed about it, and I'll keep throwing a fit online until I get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    People who say more or less, "I demand that a comic that failed be relaunched and with absolutely nothing changed about it, and I'll keep throwing a fit online until I get it."
    LOL I agree with this statement 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I tend to dislike people who just can't look past their love or hate for something and who are automatically going to praise/bash a piece of work because they see themselves as "fans" or "haters" and think that they have some sacred duty to defend or attack the said piece of work.

Though of course it's not just something exclusive to comic book readers but more of a general thing. Still, CBR can turn into a particularly tenacious kind of blind extremists when it comes to the subject of their love or hate.
    I totally agree.

I dislike how people jump to conclusions.

Oh, you didn't like Wonder Woman? You must be a sexist.

Oh, you're not excited for Black Panther? You must be a racist.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    What I dislike about the fandom?

Speculators who see comics as an investment.
    Can speculators really be considered fans? Do they really love Spider-Man, Batman, X-Men, Superman? Or do they just love the money they think they will make?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Fans who automatically assume they're going to like a book because previous writer is off the book. It really shouldn't annoy me but for some reason does.

Astonishing Member

The status quo.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I dislike it when fans let their biases get in the ways of their thoughts and when they voice their opinions they have to frame it as a fact without actually thinking things through.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-14-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Boisterously Confused

The outsized sense of importance that Fans often attach to what is a fairly niche hobby.

Edit: in fairness, that might be as much an artifact of internet/social media behaviors as it is something inherent to fandom.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    indeed, its we want change, something changes, then its all hysterics, change it back, oh thats old and busted

you want to read/see something that makes you feel like you were 10 again? guess what? you're not 10 anymore
    The way I see let these legacy characters takeover and then we have a chance at change.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I dislike it when fans let their biases get in the ways of their thoughts and when they voice their opinions they have to frame it as a fact without actually thinking things through.
    Conversely, I get irritated when people feel the need to point out that the opinions of others are subjective - or claim that they should make it clear they're being subjective.

Of course it's subjective - it's an opinion on the internet. That goes without saying.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Conversely, I get irritated when people feel the need to point out that the opinions of others are subjective - or claim that they should make it clear they're being subjective.

Of course it's subjective - it's an opinion on the internet. That goes without saying.
    You and I know that, but that's not the case for everybody. Sometimes they need to have it pointed it out to them.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You and I know that, but that's not the case for everybody. Sometimes they need to have it pointed it out to them.
    I ran into countless people online that post their opinions and use the word FACT in big bold letters.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I ran into countless people online that post their opinions and use the word FACT in big bold letters.
    Is it a FACT that opinions are subjective?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”