Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It is my understanding that needles splash pages are mostly an artist-driven thing (because it lets them show off, and they also sell for more to collectors).
    I don't see "we need at least a 100 pages for this volume" is responsible for what I call "telling a story at its natural pace" instead of the "you can only have 22 pages at most in this issue" that in the past forced shortcuts and hypercompression.
    I'm thinking more in cases where there's a really thin plot and the writer is obviously just padding things.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Its Ok to be angry about a movie because it didn't live up to your expectations and you just spent money on it... but some of the guys on CBR need to let stuff go. Is it because they never got their shot at film school?

007 girl.

I collect certain variant covers, but do not like it when certain stores print their 3000 exclusive editions with the regular cover price and then attempt to sell the same $3.95/$4.95 cover price for $15.

If you want $15 for your damn book, put $15 on the cover.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Its Ok to be angry about a movie because it didn't live up to your expectations and you just spent money on it... but some of the guys on CBR need to let stuff go. Is it because they never got their shot at film school?
    possibly

there is this ingrained anger/rage at someone doing the job they wish they could so just crapping all over it makes them feel better

I posted this in the DC Controversial Opinions. But it fits here too.

I'd argue that comic book fans generally become overzealous about their love of comics and "brand loyalty" clouds some judgment. If the debate of creator rights or worker rights in general occurred in any other industry, I think human condition generally skews towards the individual and not the multimillion dollar corporation, which is why Lex Luthor is the villain and not Superman. But when it comes to comics, there seems to be an intense pull to defend the multimillion dollar corporation from the evil freelancers who should just feel thankful to get the opportunity to work on these characters.

I've seen this many occasions on these boards and in the comic book fandom for years. Alan Moore is what spawned this specific complaint, but I've seen it directed towards Tony Isabella, the Siegel and Schuster Family, the Kirby Family, Neal Adams, Steve Gerber. It's really disturbing to see people lose their human empathy when it comes to their favorite comic book company.

BANNED

yes it boils down to entitlement

I I I ME ME ME

IVE spent all these years reading books IVE been ridiculed and judged for liking them IM the only one that cares therefore it should all cater to ME

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I posted this in the DC Controversial Opinions. But it fits here too.

I'd argue that comic book fans generally become overzealous about their love of comics and "brand loyalty" clouds some judgment. If the debate of creator rights or worker rights in general occurred in any other industry, I think human condition generally skews towards the individual and not the multimillion dollar corporation, which is why Lex Luthor is the villain and not Superman. But when it comes to comics, there seems to be an intense pull to defend the multimillion dollar corporation from the evil freelancers who should just feel thankful to get the opportunity to work on these characters.

I've seen this many occasions on these boards and in the comic book fandom for years. Alan Moore is what spawned this specific complaint, but I've seen it directed towards Tony Isabella, the Siegel and Schuster Family, the Kirby Family, Neal Adams, Steve Gerber. It's really disturbing to see people lose their human empathy when it comes to their favorite comic book company.
    I've seen people go after Greg Rucka for walking of a title and the fans are like, "How dare he! I have to do whatever my boss says at my job! He's not a team player!"

Extraordinary Member

Overly passionate fans who slate others for no reason.

007 girl.

Sharpies who try to avoid paying for books on their pull list because INSTEAD they want to grab multiple copies of the latest "hot" book so they can resell them on Ebay.

We had one dissident so I had his books pulled then told him to go eff himself and find another dealer. Cuz I could.
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

People who state "This is only way a character should be". If it was up to these people I doubt Batman, Superman, Iron Man and co would exist. Characters evolve and change with the times.

Also those that get way too much in the DC v. Marvel thing in movies. I liked most of each other's movies. While I only read DC and Archie comics (Cause I could never get into Marvel), I was a massive respect for the films and comics that are from other companies. It might be a competition between businesses but not for the fans.

Oh and people who say only so and so can be with this character. You don't stick with the first guy/girl who date all the time and not always do you stay with the person who've been seeing for the longest time. I prefer Superman with Wonder Woman, Spiderman with Black Cat, Cassie with Tim and so on and I respect others who 'ship' their characters with others. Don't get why you have to attack over preferential and subjective taste. Just because I don't like Superman with Lois Lane doesn't mean I hate Lois Lane.
    Last edited by Vinsanity; 05-30-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Invincible Member

People who think there's a secret cabal of "social justice warriors" out there that are dictating morals to comic book companies and the big two are quaking in fear of them.

007 girl.

Know it alls who try to explain your ears off in the comic book store because they want to add you on facebook or get your phone number.

Like yesterday, some short little twerp with a pot belly and unkempt hair got on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People who think there's a secret cabal of "social justice warriors" out there that are dictating morals to comic book companies and the big two are quaking in fear of them.
    Yup. Using the term SJW is a quick way to lose my sympathy for your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Know it alls who try to explain your ears off in the comic book store because they want to add you on facebook or get your phone number.

Like yesterday, some short little twerp with a pot belly and unkempt hair got on my nerves.
    Please continue. I love crash N burn stories...

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Yup. Using the term SJW is a quick way to lose my sympathy for your argument.
    Someone on another forum pointed out that people use the term in a similar way hard-right conservatives use "politically correct". People just don't like being called out on their shit.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman