Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 752
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    when someone decides to call me a feminazi for saying Rat Queens is my current favorite title, then yes there are issues to be addressed
    "Libtard" is also on that greatest hits album. lol

  2. #17
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    I have a few things that really annoy me about the comic book fandom.

    1.Fans that think their ideas and opinions are the only ones that have merit and everyone who has an opposing viewpoint to theirs is wrong or misguided.

    2. Fans who forget that everyone who posts here are pretty much just offering their personal opinions or speculations on things and not statements of fact.

    3. Fans who for whatever reason think that if you dislike a particular book or a particular creative's work that they happen to think are the bee's knees then you are wrong.

    4. Fans that continually come into a topic regarding some character, creative or title and comment on how much they hate whichever it is. I especially get annoyed by the people that have long ago dropped a title and yet show up in every post regarding it for the specific purpose of complaining about it.

    5. I also find it annoying when fans want change only to turn around and complain when they get it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-18-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

    Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero from a company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

    When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

  3. #18
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Entitlement. Reactionarism. Solipsism. Obsession with piddling minutiae over story. Thinking piddling minutiae is the same thing as story. Not understanding what stories are or how they work. Appreciation threads.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  4. #19
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Oh, and the cynical, teenage-brained putzes who think Batman should kill the Joker.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  5. #20
    Fantastic Member Red Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Marvel and DC fans who think the comics should be more like the movies and tv shows bug me. Comic writers who cave in to these fans should be drawn and quartered.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member dzub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Marvel and DC fans who think the comics should be more like the movies and tv shows bug me. Comic writers who cave in to these fans should be drawn and quartered.
    ..did they forget the original source material?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Can I say appreciation threads? If you can't discuss a superhero character without a "safe space" where no criticism is allowed, then your actual appreciation of that character is as one-dimensional as a preteen's love for the latest pop heartthrob.

    Racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia coming from people who read stuff like the X-Men. Are they really that thick? If they do understand it, why do they like it?
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 01-18-2016 at 10:03 PM.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Can I say appreciation threads? If you can't discuss a superhero character without a "safe space" where no criticism is allowed, then your actual appreciation of that character is as one-dimensional as a preteen's love for the latest pop heartthrob.
    Darn. No Shawn Hopkins appreciation thread then.

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,839

    Default

    I really don't like when someone thinks that everything is a PC stunt, it really grinds my gears. Why can't I have Cyborg, Vixen, John Stewart, Katana, Black Lightning & Vibe as the Justice League without it being questioned? No one questioned Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Trump’s rationale for avoiding Kelly’s debate question – that neither he nor America has time for “political correctness” – taps into a popular boogeyman. The term “political correctness” is so general that to most people it simply means a discomfort with changing times and attitudes, an attack on the traditions of how we were raised. (It’s an emotional challenge every generation has had to go through.) What it really means is nothing more than sensitizing people to the fact that some old-fashioned words, attitudes and actions may be harmful or insulting to others. Naturally, people are angry about that because it makes them feel stupid or mean when they really aren’t. But when times change, we need to change with them in areas that strengthen our society. It’s no longer “politically correct” to call African Americans “coloreds.” Or to pat a woman on the butt at work and say, “Nice job, honey.” Or to ask people their religion during a job interview. Or to deny a woman a job because she’s not attractive enough to you. Or to assume a person’s opinion is worth less because she is elderly. Or that physically challenged individuals shouldn’t have easy access to buildings. If you don’t have time for political correctness, you don’t have time to be the caretaker of our rights under the Constitution.
    Spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Oh boy. Not liking something related to a non-white/non-heterosexual character automatically makes you racist/sexist. Whatever floats your boat.
    Not even close.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Batman fans have to be the worst. Also the ppl who love to see the Watchmen story told over and over again for the millionth time in the worst way possible.

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Darn. No Shawn Hopkins appreciation thread then.
    You should start one just to vex him. Someone get on this project.

  13. #28
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    The fan who assumes that comics (or TV shows) exist solely for their individual gratification, to the point that any attempt to address a failing property that deviates from their preferences is some demonically greedy assault upon "the fans".

    There's an evil twin to this fan.

    The fan that loves a given character, but becoming bored over time, wants change without regard to whether that change so mutates a character that it undermines the character's core appeal or iconic elements, or so convolutes a character's history, that the character can't appeal to new readers.

    You can find these twins locked in eternal mortal combat on the Superman Forum on any given day.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member Beorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Not even close.
    You have no idea how many times I've been called racist/sexist or told to check my privilege, because I criticized certain characters and how they're handled. Didn't happen here, but there are strawmen out there.

  15. #30
    Boston Sports Fan Detox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    The continuity nazi. I understand a lot of things are sacred, but there are some who drag writers through the mud over every little thing. To me personally, quite a few folks take this shit too seriously. At some point you gotta just have fun, or really, why are you still reading?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •