Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Marvel and DC fans who think the comics should be more like the movies and tv shows bug me. Comic writers who cave in to these fans should be drawn and quartered.
    I understand this concern, but more often than not that is an editorial mandate

I don't mind it because more people will see the movie, then read a comic book title

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    People who think Storm is the greatest comic character everr.
    Is this the same person that goes on & on & on about Celine Dion as well? Meh.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

When it comes to the sections of comic-book fandom that I have the least amount of regard for, I often compare and contrast it to my own experiences with the band Radiohead.

At the turn of the millennium, after two stellar previous albums, Radiohead took a left turn in their career that I simply couldn't follow them down. It was a more electronic direction, which wasn't the problem in and of itself, it was more the way that it was implemented. I tried to get into them but I ultimately found the 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' albums boring and directionless. That was where Radiohead and I parted ways and I've barely heard a note of their music since. Thing is, it wasn't an acrimonious parting of ways. The band themselves have never heard of me and, even if they had somehow, wouldn't have given a toss. As for me, there are too many classic bands and albums out there to be bitter about something specific like that.

If I'd had the mentality of some 'fans' on here then I'd have spent the next decade online, endlessly harping on about the unfairness of it all. Looking for scapegoats in the band for the change in musical direction, demanding the return of the 'real' Radiohead and picking holes in albums that I've never even listened to. That kind of behaviour.

Obviously there's a big difference between comic-books and a rock band but the sense of entitlement that some people possess is the same.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 01-19-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Is this the same person that goes on & on & on about Celine Dion as well? Meh.
    mmmm? could be? But I think there is a strong Storm contingent, for some reason.
    I hope all know i was tongue in cheek and just taking the piss.

mmmm? could be? But I think there is a strong Storm contingent, for some reason.
    I hope all know i was tongue in cheek and just taking the piss.
    Really? I only noticed one going on about it. More than one person strikes me as...odd?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-27-2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: watch it

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Really? I only noticed one going on about it. More than one person strikes me as...odd?
    I think she got more votes in the "greatest fictional character ever" thread than one would think. Unless my recollection is off.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-27-2016 at 12:14 PM.

BANNED

Marvel and DC fans who think the comics should be more like the movies and tv shows bug me.
    I am not sure these people even exist.

Comic writers who cave in to these fans should be drawn and quartered.
    How about comicbook writers who do work-for-hire and do what they were hired to do?

BANNED

If you grew up on Claremont or Lobdell X-Men (or both) it makes sense. Storm was a very strong and developed character, the heart of the team really. It was only when Morrison decided to ignore her during his run to focus on Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan (and really only Logan because they had to), then every half-assed writer the next decade after that doing their best Morrison imitation, that she faded into the background.

Probably not my favorite X-man, but a top 10 for sure.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Marvel and DC fans who think the comics should be more like the movies and tv shows bug me. Comic writers who cave in to these fans should be drawn and quartered.
    I am not sure these people even exist.
    I won't go that far, but I will say you're more likely to run into this fan's anti-matter-universe twin: the fan that can't understand why the Cinema/TV versions aren't exactly like their comic book versions. The first year or more of the MAoS thread liberally featured those guys on a veritable jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Oh, and the cynical, teenage-brained putzes who think Batman should kill the Joker.
    Tbf, this is more about frustration that nothing permanent is ever done about the Joker and the fact that writers keep bringing it up anyway.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Too many superlatives, making an extended, meaningful discourse extremely difficult much of the time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Also the ppl who love to see the Watchmen story told over and over again for the millionth time in the worst way possible.
    Watchmen fans tend to want to see vindication of their favorite character(s) and their perspectives. This leads to quite divergent points-of-view among the fan base. The movie was golden opportunity to tell the story differently, but alas it was far too faithful to the graphic novel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Watchmen fans tend to want to see vindication of their favorite character(s) and their perspectives. This leads to quite divergent points-of-view among the fan base. The movie was golden opportunity to tell the story differently, but alas it was far too faithful to the graphic novel.
    And at the same time completely and utterly missed the point of the story.

It was a strange duck.

BANNED

People who think Storm is the greatest comic character everr.
    I admit. I'm one of them.

I know. I was just having a little fun. not serious.