Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I ran into countless people online that post their opinions and use the word FACT in big bold letters.
    Yeah, that's just beyond annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Is it a FACT that opinions are subjective?
    Yes!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I ran into countless people online that post their opinions and use the word FACT in big bold letters.
    Yeah, that is really bloody annoying - FACT!

See ?

Astonishing Member

People who refuse to buy something because the legacy character isn't the original who they are fiercely loyal to. The latest run of Nova brought back Rich Ryder, and still it ended after seven issues because Sam Alexander was still around. Those seven issues did a great job of balancing Rich and Sam as co-leads with an engaging dynamic that could have been explored in future issues, but it only had the one arc where Rich was shaking off the Cancerverse.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    People who refuse to buy something because the legacy character isn't the original who they are fiercely loyal to. The latest run of Nova brought back Rich Ryder, and still it ended after seven issues because Sam Alexander was still around. Those seven issues did a great job of balancing Rich and Sam as co-leads with an engaging dynamic that could have been explored in future issues, but it only had the one arc where Rich was shaking off the Cancerverse.
    Well I gave these legacy characters a chance but most them failed to impress.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well I gave these legacy characters a chance but most them failed to impress.
    In theory, if the original came back to co-lead the title with the legacy character, would you renew your interest? Or even just if the original returned?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In theory, if the original came back to co-lead the title with the legacy character, would you renew your interest? Or even just if the original returned?
    I'd be fine with either scenario but if they can remake the replacements or put them in positions where they are more palatable then I'd buy into them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Five or six people who keep bumping appreciation threads that only they want to read.

Endlessly "appreciating" a character doesn't sell his comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Five or six people who keep bumping appreciation threads that only they want to read.

I'm not a big fan of Appreciation Threads in general either. I don't see the point in them but that's just me.

That statement coming from you though, with the number of times that you've bumped your own threads on the DC board in the past in the vain hope that it'll catch the eye of someone at DC, is almost unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Appreciation Threads in general either. I don't see the point in them but that's just me.

That statement coming from you though, with the number of times that you've bumped your own threads on the DC board in the past in the vain hope that it'll catch the eye of someone at DC, is almost unreal.
    IOW, endless threads don't necessarily sell and idea or concept, Willie?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    IOW, endless threads don't necessarily sell and idea or concept, Willie?
    I don't know why they bother. Fancy being a fan of an unpopular character and concept. What IS the point?

I don't mean to be nasty Darknight but the lack of self awareness and irony on display there is incredible.

BANNED

My threads usually attract plenty of comments without my bumping them, Willie.

They do, but you've also bumped them yourself in the past when they've ran out of steam. Don't deny it Trey.

BANNED

Nobody here gives a damn if fun threads contribute to selling comics or not.

BANNED

They do, but you've also bumped them yourself in the past when they've ran out of steam. Don't deny it Trey.
    Show me an example, or otherwise stop it. If I post twice in a row, it's because I've thought of something else to say. I usually have to ignore many of the responses I get! I never keep my threads constantly on Page 1 of a forum the way the appreciators do

The point is your threads and the people who constantly post in the appreciation threads are doing the exact same thing - trying to sell something. There's nothing wrong with that, either, even, IMO, the idea DC or Marvel is going to change their viewpoint based on anything stated here is kind of quixotic. The only thing that may be accomplished is changing a few readers minds here and there, which is better than nothing.