Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default *nods to Zoolander 2* Being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking VS Knowing every language

You have the option to be really, really, really, ridiculously good looking. Like, ultra-model status. Your intelligence and education is what you currently know, so you aren't completely idiotic like Zoolander was.

The other option is, you know every language, ever. Japanese? No problem. German? You bet. French? YEP! Some long-forgotten dialect of Chinese? You know it. Sign language? Sign away. Brail? Master. Etc etc.

Which would you rather be?

To make things fairer for the really, really, really good looking option, your appearance will age at only 1/4th of the rate you normally would, so you can look really, really, really, ridiculously good looking for a longer period of time. You also have The Rock level of metabolism, so you won't get fat no matter how much you eat. However, your looks cannot stop throwing stars or any other projectile.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You have the option to be really, really, really, ridiculously good looking. Like, ultra-model status. Your intelligence and education is what you currently know, so you aren't completely idiotic like Zoolander was.

The other option is, you know every language, ever. Japanese? No problem. German? You bet. French? YEP! Some long-forgotten dialect of Chinese? You know it. Sign language? Sign away. Brail? Master. Etc etc.

Which would you rather be?

To make things fairer for the really, really, really good looking option, your appearance will age at only 1/4th of the rate you normally would, so you can look really, really, really, ridiculously good looking for a longer period of time. You also have The Rock level of metabolism, so you won't get fat no matter how much you eat. However, your looks cannot stop throwing stars or any other projectile.
    At best, being really good-looking would only get me unwanted attention.

Knowing everything language in a colossal stomp.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Both abilities can make you very rich and very powerful.

However, arguably, good looks will only get you enough to be rich (think movie star, or model), but relatively unimportant. Omnilingualism can get you to the top levels of government, diplomacy or business - highly skilled positions of utmost importance. However, this importance will make you a much bigger target than simple good looks, especially if you're raking in wads of cash either way and employing appropriate security.

So if you want to be lazy and coast through life, choose A. If you want to actually do something of importance, but with added risk, choose B.

Knowing every language will be awesome, plus it will have the added bonus of my familiy no longer scolding me for refusing to learn spanish...

Yeah, knowing every language easily.

I'm ok with my looking, and I don't want too much attention.

Going with B also. Knowing every Language is the better option.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    To make things fairer for the really, really, really good looking option, your appearance will age at only 1/4th of the rate you normally would, so you can look really, really, really, ridiculously good looking for a longer period of time. You also have The Rock level of metabolism, so you won't get fat no matter how much you eat.
    Hang on there...
    Are you saying I'm living 4 times as long, or that I'm still going to die of old age at the usual age, but still looking 25 at most?

However, your looks cannot stop throwing stars or any other projectile.
    Well, I can't really say that this has ever been much of an issue for me...

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The Rock's metabolism would actually suck. You'd be eating all the time.

A. Because I care not for all that jazz. And do not mind coasting on something like that.

now, sweeten the pot a little bit, add with really good looking also a perfectly toned body(or was this already included?) 4x times the life length of a average human and guaranteed perfect health. and i'll may switch to A.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm not really sure how slowing down the aging would work from a practical perspective. I wouldn't look like I was 18 until I was 64? Heck, I'd be 40 before I looked 10.That seems rough.

Or if I start off at 60, I'm still going to decline, just slower? Or be the hottest dementia patient ever? I'm not really clear on the mechanics but it seems like there's a lot of potential pitfalls there.

Eh, even if you threw in one buhmillizillion dollars, I'd still go languages.

Granted, I'm comfortable with how I look (like an Eldritch Cave Troll), and would much rather to be able to insult people in even more languages than I'm capable of at the moment. Also, the thought of being able to know/understand long dead and forgotten languages is rather enticing; and then being able to TRANSLATE those languages into any OTHER language would be simply amazing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Or be the hottest dementia patient ever?
    You start cutting into my market and you're gonna learn what it's like to slap box a miles high Squid-Dragon.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Does languages include stuff like programming languages? Codes? What about languages that are not currently known on Earth (like if there are extant alien languages)? What about languages that will exist in the future, but have not yet been created (or words in existing languages that have likewise not yet been created)?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Does languages include stuff like programming languages? Codes? What about languages that are not currently known on Earth (like if there are extant alien languages)? What about languages that will exist in the future, but have not yet been created (or words in existing languages that have likewise not yet been created)?
    Man, sign me up for that!
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle