View Poll Results: How many more Batbooks could the market sustain?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fewer than present: it will almost certainly retract

11 39.29%
  • None: we're at equilibrium

4 14.29%
  • 1-2: A bit of an increase would work

7 25.00%
  • 3-4: we have some serious potential here

3 10.71%
  • 5+: go ahead and make this a separate brand

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay so Batman, Detective Comics, Grayson, Robin Son of Batman, Batgirl of Burnside, Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn and friends or whatever it's called, Red Hood Arsenal, We Are Robin...

Did Catwoman and Batwoman still has a book at this point?
    Catwoman still had a book.

In January there was also: Batman/Superman, Batman Beyond, Batman '66 meets UNCLE, Batman & Robin: Eternal, Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, Gotham Academy, Robin War, Batman & Ninja Turtles, the BvS prequel, and one Arkham Game tie-in comic.

Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harley's started in April 2016. It probably got announced shortly before this thread was started.

In January 2016 DC published 19 Batverse titles*.
    In January 2022 DC published 22 Batverse titles*.

*Some of those titles were one-shots.

Just to repeat this from the previous page,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOTE: This thread was started back in January 2016.
    That was six years ago!

The poll results, with 13 people having previously voted on this, were:
    * 1-2: A bit of an increase would work = 6 votes
    * None: we're at equilibrium = 3 votes
    * Fewer than present: it will almost certainly retract = 2 votes
    * 3-4: we have some serious potential here = 1 vote
    * 5+: go ahead and make this a separate brand = 1 vote

But, remember, this thread was started back in January 2016.
    That was six years ago!

And if anybody did vote on this poll way back when, how would you vote today?
    Oh, and since I bumped up this thread, the vote count at last check was 21 people having voted (8 more people):
    * Fewer than present: it will almost certainly retract = 7 votes (+5)
    * 1-2: A bit of an increase would work = 6 votes
    * None: we're at equilibrium = 3 votes
    * 5+: go ahead and make this a separate brand = 3 votes (+2)
    * 3-4: we have some serious potential here = 2 votes (+1)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Catwoman still had a book.

In January there was also: Batman/Superman, Batman Beyond, Batman '66 meets UNCLE, Batman & Robin: Eternal, Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, Gotham Academy, Robin War, Batman & Ninja Turtles, the BvS prequel, and one Arkham Game tie-in comic.

Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harley's started in April 2016. It probably got announced shortly before this thread was started.

In January 2016 DC published 19 Batverse titles*.
    In January 2022 DC published 22 Batverse titles*.

*Some of those titles were one-shots.
    That doesn't really seem that much of an increase to me. What I would want to know is how many non-Batverse titles they published in both months.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That doesn't really seem that much of an increase to me. What I would want to know is how many non-Batverse titles they published in both months.
    In January 2016 DC published 34 non-Batverse titles (,36 if non-superhero titles are included).
    In January 2022 DC published 29 non-Batverse titles (,34 if non-superhero titles are included).

5 might seem like a small decrease but that's almost a Justice League.

The huge difference is that a lot more of the non-Batverse titles in 2016 were on-goings.

In January 2016 DC published 22 non-Batverse titles as on-goings.
    In January 2022 DC published 10 non-Batverse titles as on-goings.

In January 2016 DC published 34 non-Batverse titles (,36 if non-superhero titles are included).
    In January 2022 DC published 29 non-Batverse titles (,34 if non-superhero titles are included).

5 might seem like a small decrease but that's almost a Justice League.

The huge difference is that a lot more of the non-Batverse titles in 2016 were on-goings.

In January 2016 DC published 22 non-Batverse titles as on-goings.
    In January 2022 DC published 10 non-Batverse titles as on-goings.
    Excellent numbers! I assume the 5 non-Batverse titles being published now are things like Hill House/DC Horror?

And that's a really good point about miniseries...though I am curious about the number of Batverse miniseries, since I know there's a lot of those.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Excellent numbers! I assume the 5 non-Batverse titles being published now are things like Hill House/DC Horror?

And that's a really good point about miniseries...though I am curious about the number of Batverse miniseries, since I know there's a lot of those.
    Yes, Hill House/DC Horror and the Scooby-Do comic are the non-superhero titles.

Well, it's 11 Batverse ongoings in Jan. 2022, so the Bats alone have one more ongoing than the rest of the DC universe.

Yes, Hill House/DC Horror and the Scooby-Do comic are the non-superhero titles.

Well, it's 11 Batverse ongoings in Jan. 2022, so the Bats alone have one more ongoing than the rest of the DC universe.
    Wait, are we talking about the Scooby-Doo and Batman team up book? Cause that seems to be at least partly a Batman book.

Wait, are we talking about the Scooby-Doo and Batman team up book? Cause that seems to be at least partly a Batman book.
    There's The Batman and Scooby-Doo! Mysteries that was a twelve-issue limited series that ended last month, but DC also still publishes a separate Scooby-Doo! regular series, Scooby-Doo! Where Are You, the next issue of which (#115) is due out April 19th.