Magneto *at his strongest*
    Spider-man *full quip mode*
    Captain America *Hail America Mode*
    Hulk at his strongest *Strongest Ever*
    Blackbolt

Vs

New 52 Darkseid

Who takes this?

They can't really do too much when Darkseid sends the avatar of death hurtling at them

He fast enough to do that before Blackbolt opens his mouth?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He fast enough to do that before Blackbolt opens his mouth?
    I'm kinda leery on what damage he can do even if he opens his mouth given Darkseid throwing down with the Anti Monitor and not getting killed till AM reversed the Avatar of death move on him

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I'm kinda leery on what damage he can do even if he opens his mouth given Darkseid throwing down with the Anti Monitor and not getting killed till AM reversed the Avatar of death move on him
    Which translates to what, specifically, given this is Nu52.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Which translates to what, specifically, given this is Nu52.
    Some kind of universal level shenanigans ? But to be more specific this particular story directly references Crisis and says this is the same Anti Monitor . And he's just consumed all the energy from the earth 3 universe

Okay that's nice and all, but what did this Anti-Monitor ACTUALLY do?

Arx Inosaan

Okay that's nice and all, but what did this Anti-Monitor ACTUALLY do?
    Since Crisis is canon, just as one feat he absorbed the entirety of his own universe into himself at one point.

Also , in current continuity , has destroyed multiple universes and "cracked open the multiverse" for others to exploit
    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...seid-War-3.jpg
    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...seid-War-4.jpg

Incidentally Braniac did more than that : he brought back the infinite multiverse (literally brought back dead universes like Pre 52 verse ) with his power . Except he wasn't able to ......till a bunch of heroes volunteered to go back in time and attack the Anti Monitor in the original crisis , which was otherwise too powerful an event for even Braniac to affect

Also he absorbed the energies of earth 3 universe on panel
    http://i.imgur.com/J65qMqx.jpg

He was also literally the anti life equation till he separated from it in the last issue . Which again , depending on how much of pre 52 is canon , means quite a bit

Edit: lest I forget , Darkseid also has a nebulous reference to destroying universes in Constantine
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...0182-47620.jpg
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 01-08-2016 at 05:32 AM.

So nebulous references, and a 'but his previous feats count becuase reasons', some statements in two scans that you misrepresent, then one specific feat of the same misrepresentation that actually shows him having done.. something. Which is explained in the previous two scans as absorbing the energy from a single planet and cracking open the multiverse as a result.

Then another reference, this time for Darkseid.

Haven't you censured people for the exact same thing you're doing here before? Recently even?

Arx Inosaan

Darkseid strength
    -clash between him and high father causes the planet to explode

Durability
    -required the power of 52 earth's stack punch to KO.
    -can take hits from Nu Superman class easily

Omega beams
    -capable of smashing through a planet, traveling thousands of miles, and probably a fraction of light speed

So nebulous references, and a 'but his previous feats count becuase reasons',
    I'm unclear how "this is the same dude that caused the crisis!" Is "reasons"

some statements in two scans that you misrepresent, then one specific feat of the same misrepresentation that actually shows him having done.. something. Which is explained in the previous two scans as absorbing the energy from a single planet and cracking open the multiverse as a result.
    No, Metron mentions a "world" but the earlier ending of forever evil clearly notes "nothing left to consume in this universe"
    which clearly leaves us in no doubt to what was actually meant by that

As for the Braniac thing , again, it's an actual part of the story , that the guy with enough power to recreate an infinite multiverse ....cannot override the one event which is too powerful even for him, the original crisis

Which again, brings us back to the Anti Monitor

Then another reference, this time for Darkseid.

Haven't you censured people for the exact same thing you're doing here before? Recently even?
    Let's see....character with not many appearances who talks about destroying universes , such that universes are actually shown to be destroyed on panel , the guy who then absorbs the energy of a universe such that "there is nothing left to consume " ( again Metron also references him doing so ) , the guy whose previous appearances have been established as canon , where he has further feats for the same , that guy is not "universal levels" ?

Even the weakest version of this dude, when he was not "fully formed" after his return from death, is galactic levels so ....Im not sure where you feel the contradiction is

Guy is regularly portrayed as some universal level cosmic . Darkseid has been amped (or back to full power , whatever ) . They fight and he doesn't get killed till a death weapon is used . Its not unreasonable to say that whatever levels they are at , it's beyond Black Bolt at the moment

Edit : by it's "the same guy" I mean right in the next page after that "original crisis " scan , we get the splash page of Crisis on Infinite earths with Spectre et all attacking the dude, followed by his carcass being used to restart the multiverse in Infinite crisis
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 01-09-2016 at 12:11 PM.

What I imagine cthulu could be referring to, though I could be wrong, is that for instance superboy prime was supposed to be a pre crisis superboy from an alt reality, but in action on returning was a hysterically contradictive mess of flash phobia, crying from impacts, and brekdancing piratry. The question thus becomes "what is different about him" to which I think the answer is comparatively little showings in the new 52 to suggest otherwise, yes?

Oh, note, I'm in the hospital recovering from surgery for crohn's thing, expect post to be slow for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What I imagine cthulu could be referring to, though I could be wrong, is that for instance superboy prime was supposed to be a pre crisis superboy from an alt reality, but in action on returning was a hysterically contradictive mess of flash phobia, crying from impacts, and brekdancing piratry. The question thus becomes "what is different about him" to which I think the answer is comparatively little showings in the new 52 to suggest otherwise, yes?

Oh, note, I'm in the hospital recovering from surgery for crohn's thing, expect post to be slow for a while
    Yes. They still talk about him consuming and destroying universes in the new 52 ( he was also the anti life equation for a while ) which seems to put his overall presentation in the cosmic scale ( something that's been unchanged for this particular character for ages )

But yeah , not many showings or appearances so far to contradict his older stuff and statements and some on panel showings to support it .

Good luck with your recovery mate

Hope things go well with the recovery, Pen. Stay well, man. Or as well as possible.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Ah, jeez good luck man.