Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She was more the needy unloved housewife rather than straight up villain. But anyway, SHE is now a HE. Last time we saw her she had merged with the male sphinx, but male sphinx has turned evil again.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Its unfortunate that one of the better new female villains was Fem Loki. But that's part of the problem. Some of the female villains are copies of a male villain.

Has any female version ever eclipsed her male referent?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

In terms of sheer power, Selene, Morgan Le Fay, and Madelyne Pryor should take the top positions of this, with Enchantress a distance fourth. Granted all are magic based but they honestly are among the more powerful non-cosmic or non Hell Lord entities period, male or female, rivaling Doom, Magneto, and Loki for power. If we really wanted to get technical any of the Hell Lords, including Hela, could probably kick them back to last week.

But being all that powerful is conversely a problem, and that's why a lower power or street level character would more likely be the contender or best villainess and for those you have Viper, Superia, Moonstone, Madame Masque, Lady Deathstrike, Crimson Cowl, Sin and at this point the most prominent, Mystique. Even though none of these match the characters in the first paragraph - Moonstone and Superia would be closest. The others Mystique included are street level threats taken to a next level due to their strategic intellect. Mystique has an edge due to her shape shifting ability.

So who would it be? Likely Mystique, Moonstone, Viper or Madame Masque, right now Mystique but Mooonstone may get a push if she's in the Captain Marvel film.
    Who SHOULD it be? Selene or Morgan Le Fay, as both Enchantress or Madelyne Pryor are too heavily tied to individual heroes to escape beyond that rivalry. No matter what Enchantress accomplishes she will first and foremost be known as Thor villainess and sometime love; and Madelyn will always be seen as Goblin Queen/First wife of Cyclops/clone of Jean Grey.

I would personally go for Selene, as she is unrepentant in her actions. She only allies with heroes when said alliances are in her favor to ensure her continued survival. As exampled in other posts, she is one I could never see moving towards the good side, if nothing else, her powers pretty much would not allow it.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 01-21-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Lilith and Arkea
    Forgot about lilth. She was great in the midnight sons arc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I would personally go for Selene, as she is unrepentant in her actions. She only allies with heroes when said alliances are in her favor to ensure her continued survival. As exampled in other posts, she is one I could never see moving towards the good side, if nothing else, her powers pretty much would not allow it.
    Hmm, should probably be restricted to characters that can appear in MCU movies, others will probably not get enough usage or respect. So Selene is a non-starter for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Hmm, should probably be restricted to characters that can appear in MCU movies, others will probably not get enough usage or respect. So Selene is a non-starter for that reason alone.
    Why would that be a criteria?
    The title isn't who is the female villain most likely to appear in the MCU.
    The OP certainly didn't give it as a restriction. They even mentioned Doom and Apocalypse themselves.

Incredible Member

in a perfect world, spiral would have broken away and setup chop shops arround the globe for her own agenda.

she's got a distinctive look, a means of creating mooks, powerful enough to be a threat (she nullified monica rambeau for starters), and crazy enough to do cliche villainy.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Honestly I want to see more Uses of other Female Villains that have not really been mentioned yet cause they SHOULD have more Prominence in the New Marvel Universe like:

ASP!

Proxima Midnight

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

It struck me

skye's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    It struck me

skye's mom.
    Does she even exist in the comics?

I'd go with Selene. Emma Frost is great but she's better as a hero.

She makes the Enchantress wet her pants.

Selene had Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo and Dr. Doom on the floor in Necrosha.

Then there's this and he had back up from Magneto:

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-23-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does she even exist in the comics?
    Not sure, but if not, she will.

Also, I had forget Nebula, but which has been her best achievement?

For almost five minutes... I don't know how much that counts.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Double post.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-23-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'd go with Selene. Emma Frost is great but she's better as a hero.

She makes the Enchantress wet her pants.

Selene had Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo and Dr. Doom on the floor in Necrosha.

Then there's this and he had back up from Magneto:

Sorry but this pic of Selene and Amora and also the situation was a total nonsense and one of the most pathetic things to humiliate a good character like the Enchantress, for me it means nothing.