Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Sorry but this pic of Selene and Amora and also the situation was a total nonsense and one of the most pathetic things to humiliate a good character like the Enchantress, for me it means nothing.
    You are entitled to think what you want. For me, that scene was on point. Selene is in another league to Amora always has been and that was always the intention since her creation. Kulan Gath feared Selene, Selene used to have tea with Blackheart completely different league. This scene is also canon.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-23-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You are entitled to think what you want. For me, that scene was on point. Selene is in another league to Amora always has been and that was always the intention since her creation. Kulan Gath feared Selene, Selene used to have tea with Blackheart completely different league. This scene is also canon.
    I still donīt see it, means it that someone like Selene is more than an Asgardian Goddess, when she is basically a simple mutant vampire who just lives less than a real goddess?

I still donīt see it, means it that someone like Selene is more than an Asgardian Goddess, when she is basically a simple mutant vampire who just lives less than a real goddess?
    Selene is an External mutant and there are mutants that would make asgardians "gods" wet their points. Heck there are mutants that would make abstracts wet their pants. What's your point? Again you're entitled to your opinion but your opinion isn't supported by canon. Being a "goddess" means nothing. The currency "gods" and "demon gods" deal in is souls to empower themselves. Selene also deals in that currency.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-23-2016 at 12:04 PM.

No, I just think it is quite unfortunate that situation and I said it at the time in the old CBR Boards and X-Men board when I saw this.

I do not find it as a canon, it's just bad writing that does not stand anywhere, every writer does what he wants without caring too much if a character is more powerful or weaker than another, simply it is called Plot Device and not a real history of that the characterizations of the characters are totally absent and out of character.

No, I just think it is quite unfortunate that situation and I said it at the time in the old CBR Boards and X-Men board when I saw this.

I do not find it as a canon, it's just bad writing that does not stand anywhere, every writer does what he wants without caring too much if a character is more powerful or weaker than another, simply it is called Plot Device and not a real history of that the characterizations of the characters are totally absent and out of character.

Whether you like it or not it's canon. And that is your opinion. For me that was on point both characterisations and power levels. Amora was again portrayed as weaker then Selene in that Marvel Adventures series - Masters of Evil. Dr. Doom had no respect for Amora but feared Selene. Again it's on point.

Whether you like it or not it's canon. And that is your opinion. For me that was on point both characterisations and power levels. Amora was again portrayed as weaker then Selene in that Marvel Adventures series - Masters of Evil. Dr. Doom had no respect for Amora but feared Selene. Again it's on point.
    Which leads to the kind of treatment that writers make of certain characters in favour of their own creations (some characters seem to have to be sacrificed and humiliated in favour of other ones), few writers really make an effort to do things right with those old and classic characters.

Which leads to the kind of treatment that writers make of certain characters in favour of their own creations (some characters seem to have to be sacrificed and humiliated in favour of other ones), few writers really make an effort to do things right with those old and classic characters.
    lmfao Selene was never written by Claremont in either of those stories so no one was favouring their own creation.

lmfao Selene was never written by Claremont in either of those stories so no one was favouring their own creation.
    I know, it was Brian Wood but normally it's the kind of thing that always happens on almost every book and with a lot of characters not just female villains.

I know, it was Brian Wood but normally it's the kind of thing that always happens on almost every book and with a lot of characters not just female villains.
    I don't know what you're on about now your point had no relevance to the Brian Wood story or the MA story. No creator of Selene wrote either stories. So of it happens fine but it didn't happen in this story. As I said I read X-Men, and MU books including Thor & Ghost Rider that deals a lot with the soul currency and worship currency. In my opinion I had no problem with the characteristion as Selene and Madelyne are above Amora.

I don't know what you're on about now your point had no relevance to the Brian Wood story or the MA story. No creator of Selene wrote either stories. So of it happens fine but it didn't happen in this story. As I said I read X-Men, and MU books including Thor & Ghost Rider that deals a lot with the soul currency and worship currency. In my opinion I had no problem with the characteristion as Selene and Madelyne are above Amora.
    Everyone has their opinion and their views and sincerely maybe it clouds my mind the thing that I like a lot the Enchantress (I think for you is not exactly your favorite character but everyone has an opinion, good or bad and I always will respect it) so I find these things simply humiliating and sad and I take so much time waiting for that big Enchantress story that never comes.

For me, Selene is nothing more than a Immortal mutant vampire and Madelyne Pryor even doing magic things is nothing more than a clone of Jean Grey that already had its moment during Inferno some decades ago and writers should have left her in her grave.

I would read a Sylvie Lushton or Karnilla ongoing before an Amora ongoing series. Both are far more compelling then Amora.

I would read a Sylvie Lushton or Karnilla ongoing before an Amora ongoing series. Both are far more compelling then Amora.
    A Sylvie Lushton book would be interesting but just to know about her childhood and life on Broxton before the arrival of Asgardians and the days before Loki turned her into a teen version of the Enchantress.

Also I donīt think an Amora book would not be interesting, I think it would work so well with the right creative team, maybe something like a Graphic Novel explaining for first time her origin, I need to see and read a focused story on the Enchantress, I canīt remember any writer trying to do it for decades and all of Thor volumes.

Returning to the discussion of the beginning of the thread, The Enchantress because she was the first one and long time character, it should be on the Top 5 of Marvel Villainesses, itīs hard to see any writer trying to make or take advantage of making one of those well-known villainesses at the first position of it.

Omniversal Majestrix Saturnyne. Where she goes, catastrophe follows, for her side.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Has any female version ever eclipsed her male referent?
    Moonstone. Originally the gem belonged to Lloyd Bloch (and she manipulated him to give it up and she's never looked back). As with all things; it's the X-verse with the best female villains
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    There was KSD's attempt to give Carol Danvers her own super-genius villain with Grace Valentine, but Grace got abandoned almost as soon as she was introduced and she may be gone for good now that KSD has left.
    Something just occurred to me. How many comic book villains are non-powered women with lots of smarts and resources. What happened with Grace Valentine reminds me of Veronica Cale's fate after Greg Rucka left Wonder Woman.