Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Secret Six #10: Superman Strikes!

Ragdoll here, updating you wonderful DC fans on the current adventures of the Sexy Six.
    spoilers:
    Zatana goes to Superman requesting help with those pesky pillars from previous issues.
    The Sexy Six track down the next columns. Before they can destroy them, Superman shows up to stop the team in their tracks. Instead, the team fights back. Superman is fully powered, none of this new depowered Clark crap, yet the Sexy Six don't really care and they kick the dudes ass like he's some run of the mill chump. The Ventriloquist tosses him around a bit, and declares some Donald Trumpish racism about Superman's immigration status. Once Supes manages to beat the puppet, Porcelain crumples him up like a ball of paper. Luckily for Clark, Dibny calls of his crew and spares Superman's life.
    Black Alice begs Scandal to kill her to save the world. Scandal agrees and stabs her through the heart. Too little, too late, it turns out. Black Alice is gone. She died in the crash that killed her family, but a last minute prayer drew an Old One to her that brought her back as a vessel. The demon tells Scandal and Ragdoll everything, but promises their death and eternal suffering if they tell anyone the truth. She then teleports to the Secret Sic and tells them she is better and that all is good. So the gang thinks there is a happy ending, but really, shit is gonna get real.
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

I didn't really like this storyarc as a whole. It seems like several of the other characters from the DCU who appeared here contributed basically nothing to the plot and for that reason their inclusion in the story feels pointless.

Plus, the conclusion seemed rushed. Why did the six even go through that whole mission if things were going to end this way anyway?

Question...is Zatanna wearing her Ivan Reis costume that she debuted in Forever Evil?

Incredible Member

sounds good

Kinda rushed but still very enjoyable, I'm loving this book. Cant wait for the Strix arc.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

A bit rushed, althrough the ending was interesting.
    Nice to see Big Shot alluding to his past.

Also poor Superman, guy just ran into the one person who could take him out. It would't have gone worse for him if he met a wizard with a body of kryptonite that radiates like a red sun.

Its a pity that Jeannette didn't take a shot at Big Blue, the El clan has bad experiences with Banshees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    spoilers:
    Superman is fully powered, none of this new depowered Clark crap, yet the Sexy Six don't really care and they kick the dudes ass like he's some run of the mill chump. The Ventriloquist tosses him around a bit, and declares some Donald Trumpish racism about Superman's immigration status. Once Supes manages to beat the puppet, Porcelain crumples him up like a ball of paper. Luckily for Clark, Dibny calls of his crew and spares Superman's life.
    end of spoilers
    Outstanding.

The Truth storyline isn't over yet in the Superman titles and I'm already missing depowered Superman. At least, when he was wearing the best costume since the 2011 relaunch (no joke) his appearances in other titles (Grayson, Detective Comics, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro...) weren't exploited by the writers as chances for their characters to make the Man of Steel their b****. Getting his powers back really made the difference! :rollseyes:

Astonishing Member

Without reading it, I am curious how that character's powers could affect Superman. It doesn't seem like it should really totally work.

Enjoyed the last few issues but this one not as much, ending felt a bit Deus Ex Machina. spoilers:
    The entity possessing Black Alice all of a sudden decides it just doesn't feel like opening the portal to hell just yet?
    end of spoilers
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Without reading it, I am curious how that character's powers could affect Superman. It doesn't seem like it should really totally work.
    Porcelain's power is that she can manipulate hard materials. Steel bends to her will. And since Superman is the hardest, toughest substance on Earth, he is naturally the weakest thing on the planet to her touch.

The arc started great but the ending was too rushed. This version of the team has all the potential but it never seems to get as good as Simone's original run. And it's not because of the characters, I really like Porcelain and Big Shot. Hell, most of the old team is kind of back anyway.

Porcelain's power is that she can manipulate hard materials. Steel bends to her will. And since Superman is the hardest, toughest substance on Earth, he is naturally the weakest thing on the planet to her touch.
    This was kind of odd to me. I never imagined Superman to actually be as hard (or harder) than steel. Poor Lois had it worse than if she dated Cyborg?

So by extension she could also solo Doomsday and every other physically strong character than can give Superman a fight? A bit strange power I'd say.

I'm enjoying this book, but the ending was way, way too rushed. Seems like this arc should've gone on for a few more issues to give it a better, more satisfying conclusion.

I'm liking the newcomers to the team, but this book doesn't feel as fun as the old run yet. I'm hoping we'll get to see more Ragdoll and Scandal in the next issue..

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So by extension she could also solo Doomsday and every other physically strong character than can give Superman a fight? A bit strange power I'd say.
    Yeah, when you get to the end of an arc and you've made Porcelain the most powerful character in the DCU you might want to go back for a re-write. Ultimately, who cares I guess, all of these issues will be forgotten...but man has Simone lost a step

Astonishing Member

Superman's still made out of flesh, even though it's invulnerable. He's not literally steel. So it seems like kind of a push to me--unless Porcelain's power has a magical component. (Which it could have)