Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm down to 5 titles (2 DC/1 Marvel/2 Archie). I feel I am no longer the demographic the publishers want. I think in the next year or two I will no longer read new comics.

When DC will be even more 90's EXTREME try-hard like they are with many titles.

Astonishing Member

I doubt I'll ever fully stop reading. DC always has SOMETHING I like to read. Right now it's just Sinestro and Starfire . Soon I'll have Bloodlines to look forward to again, along with Superman: Lois and Clark which is also a mini. So what can I say.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 01-19-2016 at 07:12 AM.

what will it take for me to stop buying dc comics? six feet of dirt

Incredible Member

To answer the question, DC to stop putting out The Omega Men.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Well, if DC suddenly were to start having constant line wide events (not self contained ones like Darkseid War), relaunches and renumberings as Marvel does that would be enough for me to quit reading their books. It was enough for me to quit reading Marvel titles and I've always been more of a Marvel fan.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-19-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

All-New Member

If everything was as bad as Wonder Woman, I'd considered dropping some, but maybe not, because I'm still subscribed to that title.

As long as they keep publishing Batman comics of at least moderate quality, I'll keep getting DC.

BANNED

If the lineup was nothing but Batman/gotham related titles.

Let me think. What would it take? Oh, now I remember. It has already happened. I stopped buying comic books in 1987. My collection consists of ... wait, that's in the past also. I no longer have a collection.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Crow View Post
    Let me think. What would it take? Oh, now I remember. It has already happened. I stopped buying comic books in 1987. My collection consists of ... wait, that's in the past also. I no longer have a collection.
    Huh, really? What made you drop it in 87? Is that only DC you dropped, are you reading from any other publisher?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Huh, really? What made you drop it in 87? Is that only DC you dropped, are you reading from any other publisher?
    I dropped everything from every publisher. There was no longer anything new. The Silver Age was dead. My interest died also.

Comics are too expensive to blindly hang on, hoping things get better.

I've already stopped buying new DC comics.
    Sort of.
    I'm getting trades for Scooby Doo Team-Up and Batman '66... and I'm waiting for trades of some recent things like Wonder Woman '77 and Legend of Wonder Woman.
    And the main DCU stuff I like (such as Grayson, Gotham Academy, Batgirl, Black Canary and Omega Men) have simply been added to my "go back and get later" list.

Of course, there's plenty of old stuff in digital for me to get as I'm still digitizing my collection.
    Fortunately, DC does profit from digital back issues (unlike print back issues) so I can continue to pay my monthly DC Fan membership dues for my 'right to have an opinion' without feeling like I'm wasting money.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

If DC had someone i don't like running the Main Universe i'd probably stop. Thankfully Geoff Johns is in charge of JL, and to be fair the solo books are pretty independent.

To be more precise, If DC put someone like Bendis in charge and started doing stuff like that Secret Skrull Invasion non-sense and left the same guy do shit like that for several years, it's fair to say i'd never read comics again.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Astonishing Member

I'm just about there now. I'm not interested in the nu 52, but I am giving Titans Hunt and Swamp Thing a try. I'm getting Omega Men -- it's interesting, but probably not something I'd buy as an ongoing. I'd love to see more classic collections and archives released. So in that regard, I'd never stop buying DC Comics. But for new stuff -- I try to judge each title based on its own merits. The less tied into the nu 52 -- the better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Crow View Post
    I dropped everything from every publisher. There was no longer anything new. The Silver Age was dead. My interest died also.
    And yet...here you are...in a DC Comics message board... ?