Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    LOBDELL ON TITANS HUNT.
    This certainly pushed me closer to the edge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Bob Harras remaining as DC's EiC and Eddie Berganza as the Supeman group editor for another year.....

But even then I would probably still buy Batman as long as Snyder was on it, Sinestro as long as Bunn was still on it, and anything that Tom King had going on at the company.
    I've never read Bunn's Sinestro. That good? If you're a Tom King fan, check out Vision. It's great.

LOBDELL ON TITANS HUNT.

I will get JL and JLA #50 and then I'm out.
    Considering that Justice League is hitting issue #50 in April, but Justice League of America will only be at issue #10, . . .

I've actually thought about this for a while. I make enough money to buy the monthlies and the trades I want. I'm always looking for something new but there isn't too much out there from DC. I will always buy anything GL or cosmic related and Justice League (though I'm more picky there). I try to follow writers but if there is a character I'm not familiar with I may not even bother.

The main problems I think I will have in the future are fatigue and space. Going to store every Wednesday is fun and will brighten my day if its been a rough one. I don't have the time to reread a lot things anymore either. I used to that much more often before I had a subscription. I have boxes of floppies and most I've only been able to read once, and that seems wrong to me.
    I switched to getting short boxes so I don't need the strength of ten men to move things around and that helps but organizing can be a chore.
    I also found giving away or donating old trades I don't think I will read again helps with space as well.

Quitting DC comics would almost mean comics altogether because the other stuff I get probably wouldn't be enough to make me go to my LCS versus Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

I like to read so I don't think this happen in the near future.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

A more accurate question for me at this time is "what will it take for you to start buying DC comics again", I don't really have the answer for that but it would probably look nothing like most of their out put for the past several years.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    I've never read Bunn's Sinestro. That good?
    Yeah. Its real good. I skipped over some of the Godhead issues, but people also sung their praises about those ones as well.

If you're a Tom King fan, check out Vision. It's great.
    I have been wanting to, but I have way too much on my pull as it is. I think I might check it out anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is no rule that says he can't look around is there?
    I'm not saying he can't. I'm asking why. Most people would simply find other interests to pursue.

Extraordinary Member

LOBDELL ON TITANS HUNT.

I will get JL and JLA #50 and then I'm out. It's not the only time in my 40+ years of reading and loving only DC Comics that I've stepped away for a while but the way Teen Titans and JSA were just shunted to the side really rubbed me wrong. Titans Hunt was a wonderful salve for that fan-wound. And now I'm not even going to buy it. I'm done with DC Comics.

Thank goodness there is the DC "extended universe" to look forward to. I'll be getting my DC fix at the movies and only at the movies for a while I'm sorry to say. It's good timing, given that we're about to embark on the most incredible DC on film year ever, by miles, but I'd like to be reading the comics. I really would. In as much as funny books matter (not enough to get upset about) Lobdell on Titans Hunt is insult to injury. And it's a good jumping off point when I was down to only three books I much liked anyway and Titans Hunt was chief among them.
    FYI, dude. It turned out that the solicits were mistaken. Ablett announced on Twitter that he is writing #7.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm not saying he can't. I'm asking why. Most people would simply find other interests to pursue.
    You must not be familiar w/ how angry fanboy nerds function.

I doubt ex-Mazda owners still lurk Mazda forums 10 years after they replaced their car, just to rip on Mazda.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    You must not be familiar w/ how angry fanboy nerds function.

I doubt ex-Mazda owners still lurk Mazda forums 10 years after they replaced their car, just to rip on Mazda.
    You should see some of the arguments on car forums. People can stay mad at GM, Ferrari, the Yugo you name it for years.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    You should see some of the arguments on car forums. People can stay mad at GM, Ferrari, the Yugo you name it for years.
    Wow, I guess all fields of interest have obsessive weirdos w/ nothing else better to do.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Wow, I guess all fields of interest have obsessive weirdos w/ nothing else better to do.
    Eh. When you're really into something you can talk about it for years. So long as there are no death threats, trolling, and the like I don't really see the problem.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Some places are worse then others but that does seem to be the case. I know it is the case in most of the fandoms and hobbies I'm involved with.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Some places are worse then others but that does seem to be the case. I know it is the case in most of the fandoms and hobbies I'm involved with.
    Lol. Right?
    One day, all comics may resemble chibi manga characters with big eyes... and their fans will be yelling at all of us to get off their lawn.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Lol. Right?
    One day, all comics may resemble chibi manga characters with big eyes... and their fans will be yelling at all of us to get off their lawn.
    I don't know why but I suddenly had an image pop into my head of chibi manga characters carrying pitch forks and torches shouting out that we need to get off their lawns. Weird.

Anyway I do love anime and manga but I stay away from those forums these days. Some of those fans are downright scary and I've seen some that were overly obsessive and even possessive. Comic book fans have nothing on these guys.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-20-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG