Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Seeley & King Off DC's "Grayson" in April, Lanzing & Kelly Join

Changes are coming to DC Comics' "Grayson," with Tim Seeley & Tom King stepping off the book and Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly coming on board.

Full article here.

Don't know how the heck I missed this while reading solicits early but probably for the best as I would've been irrationally angry. And these quotes make it seem way less serious.
    Last edited by dan12456; 01-21-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Dick's portrait in Batman and Robin: Eternal is pretty awful, but I guess at least it's not Tynion.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Thank the lord. I really hope this is something King and Seeley had planned for a while, and not some larger editorial hand at work.

Wouldn't be surprised if everything gets relaunched with a new #1 and Grayson shifts focus from being a spy book to dealing with the consequences of the end of Robin War(that or back to Nightwing, though I don't think we are quite there yet).

I will maintain hop in this short change. B & R E does not really set up a template for really evaluating a writing team.

This thread's title is a little misleading as it's just a temporary change for Grayson.

If this isn't temporary or DC is Aquamanning this book (Bunning it? Either works) I'm gone. This is the first Dick Grayson solo ongoing I've enjoyed enough to commit to. I could take a change in direction if it's not a change in tone but if it's as bad as DCYou undoing every positive change in Aquaman I won't last past two issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    If this isn't temporary or DC is Aquamanning this book (Bunning it? Either works) I'm gone. This is the first Dick Grayson solo ongoing I've enjoyed enough to commit to. I could take a change in direction if it's not a change in tone but if it's as bad as DCYou undoing every positive change in Aquaman I won't last past two issues...
    Apparently temporary to give Seeley and King room to work on something big and cool thats coming as King put it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

At least it's temp. Really enjoying story right now
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Apparently temporary to give Seeley and King room to work on something big and cool thats coming as King put it.
    If I had a penny for every time I've read a quote from a creator saying that then the project falls through and they never return, I could probably buy Walmart...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    but I guess at least it's not Tynion.
    What is people's problem with with Tynion? Everything of his I've read (mostly Batman Eternal and some scatter one-off stories) has been great. He has a nice handle on writing the teen heroes AS teenagers. And his Superman/Batman story was solid.

I'm admittedly apprehensive about this news. I'm a little relieved that it's supposedly temporary, but nervous about the possible change in direction. The effort to "elevate him" in the DC universe hopefully has been planned by Seeley and King, as already mentioned.

I'm starting to believe some of the rumours of the return of Nightwing,(or the Night-Wing). I don't know what else this huge move could be?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I just hope this flows naturally between the spy stuff and whatever new direction they are coming up with. I don't want Spyral and the Wildstorm stuff to just get dropped and Nightwing and the Court of Owls in exchange.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmm so seely is now on the rising in popularity and worth suicide squad, and leaving Grayson........

Just a coincidence I'm sure

Grayson has been the best written book in dc since launch why ruin the formula