Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I like the costume overall, but I don't care for the stabby shield.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the design is perfectly fine (ignoring the triangular shield). I just don't think it's necessary since his current outfit in theory works just fine. I don't think every single new artist needs to come up with a new costume.
    I agree with the bold part, his Marvel Now! suit was perfectly fine (if that's the one you were talking about), and also on the fact that every artist doesn't need to come up with a new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Ooo, I like the idea! I hope it comes true!
    Yeah, I keep seeing this in my head...

Ultimate_falcon.jpg
    Even though it's a pic of ultimate Falcon, imagine him having both pieces of the shield on each arm flying at something with the laser part first...

Plus,,,

sam-wilson-captain-america-1.jpg
    This just seem too awkward to me, the only other option would be on his back, but that would look awkward too, perhaps more so with the wings.

The shield would work better with him since it can break into two smaller shields, just my thoughts. It would still need a new paint scheme though, the current design just ain't working for me.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Is anyone really surprised? Marvel Comics are cyclical like this. Deep down everyone knew this was only a matter of time. Just like Cap's fake "death" and just like Bucky as Captain America. That actually lasted longer than this.

BANNED

Three things seems to be impossible in the MU...

Humans getting along with mutants
    Keeping the dead as dead
    and.. removing the Super Soldier Serum from Steve's bloodstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Three things seems to be impossible in the MU...

Humans getting along with mutants
    That's kind of the whole point of the X-men though. Everyone gets along and they become just another super team.

Keeping the dead as dead
    Yeah, I got nothing for this one...

and.. removing the Super Soldier Serum from Steve's bloodstream.
    It's actually been stated since 1994, that Cap's Super Soldier Serum physically altered his body on a genetic level, which allows him to replenish the SSS in his body if it ever gets drained, that's why the whole Iron Nail thing was dumb, his body would eventually replenish the SSS, also that's why when Red Skull cloned Steve's body, back in the day, he also had the SSS. And when Sharon was pregnant with Steve's baby, Skull wanted their baby, he believed that the baby would have the SSS as well.

Just explaining why those thing won't ever change. But yeah, I got nothing on the dead stay dead part...except for Uncle Ben.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Is anyone really surprised? Marvel Comics are cyclical like this. Deep down everyone knew this was only a matter of time. Just like Cap's fake "death" and just like Bucky as Captain America. That actually lasted longer than this.
    It's not really exclusive to Marvel. Jim Gordon Batman, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    It's actually been stated since 1994, that Cap's Super Soldier Serum physically altered his body on a genetic level, which allows him to replenish the SSS in his body if it ever gets drained, that's why the whole Iron Nail thing was dumb, his body would eventually replenish the SSS, also that's why when Red Skull cloned Steve's body, back in the day, he also had the SSS. And when Sharon was pregnant with Steve's baby, Skull wanted their baby, he believed that the baby would have the SSS as well.

Just explaining why those thing won't ever change. But yeah, I got nothing on the dead stay dead part...except for Uncle Ben.
    I'm wondering if that'll end up being the explanation that we end up getting,if any, for why it is that Steve went from an old man in need of a cane for mobility to being able to fight alongside the Avengers, even keeping up with Tony's Superior armor while only wearing a modified War Machine suit; that the SSS was replenishing itself over time building his body back up as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by superhsalf View Post
    At least Snyder was pretty open about how it wasn't going to last and Bruce was eventually going to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm wondering if that'll end up being the explanation that we end up getting,if any, for why it is that Steve went from an old man in need of a cane for mobility to being able to fight alongside the Avengers, even keeping up with Tony's Superior armor while only wearing a modified War Machine suit; that the SSS was replenishing itself over time building his body back up as a result.
    It would be the easiest and most logical, considering the continuity of Cap and the SSS. But we'll see in Avengers: Standoff. Plus now that we now he'll be ready for Civil Warr II, I wonder what side he'll be on? Just on the surface, I'd say Tony's. You know the whole "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime" line from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I hope the writers remember that and put him with Tony's side. Not because I think Carol's side is necessarily wrong, but because it'd be nice to see Steve and Tony on the same side for once.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by superhsalf View Post
    No it's not. This is the nature of superhero comics. But it goes back even further. Kyle Rayner, who is half-Latin American, became Green Lantern and Hal Jordan "died." Eventually Hal Jordan was resurrected and became GL again. Connor Hawke became the new Green Arrow after Oliver Quinn died. Wally West took over the Flash after Barry Allen died. Then Hal, Oliver, and West all came back.

Then you had different Aquamen. You had different Robins. You had Batman dying, getting hurt or replaced multiple times. Comics have been basically doing this for decades. DC and Marvel.

That's why I didn't even get angry or offended over this latest wave of changes. I knew it was only a matter of time before it would change again. People would get angry about things changing again because they like the progressive changes. Then people get angry at each other over it. Whatever.

Even with Bucky, that wasn't even the first time someone else took the mantle of Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Snyder was pretty open about how it wasn't going to last and Bruce was eventually going to come back.
    When did Marvel ever say Steve being old and without the SSS would be permanent? Or that he wouldn't be Captain America again? The only thing I ever heard was Brevoort saying he wouldn't be Captain America when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out, because people were saying once the movie came out, the status quo would go back. I don't recall anyone from Marvel ever saying it would be permanent. But I could very well have missed some interview, or tweet, or something, so I'm not saying its definite.
    - George Washington

No it's not. This is the nature of superhero comics. But it goes back even further. Kyle Rayner, who is half-Latin American, became Green Lantern and Hal Jordan "died." Eventually Hal Jordan was resurrected and became GL again. Connor Hawke became the new Green Arrow after Oliver Quinn died. Wally West took over the Flash after Barry Allen died. Then Hal, Oliver, and West all came back.

Then you had different Aquamen. You had different Robins. You had Batman dying, getting hurt or replaced multiple times. Comics have been basically doing this for decades. DC and Marvel.

That's why I didn't even get angry or offended over this latest wave of changes. I knew it was only a matter of time before it would change again. People would get angry about things changing again because they like the progressive changes. Then people get angry at each other over it. Whatever.

Even with Bucky, that wasn't even the first time someone else took the mantle of Captain America.
    Heck. It's not even the first time SAM WILSON became Captain America, he was Cap for an issue or so back during Jurgens run (IIRC). It's just the first time he was for an extended amount of time. I agree with you on legacy characters, they will always come back. In the meantime people should enjoy the new stories, or don't, getting upset with it is pointless. I actually looked forward to Sam's spot in the light, my only issue was the way in which he became Cap, Steve losing the SSS was just dumb, IMO.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Indeed. I just can't find it in myself to get upset when these changes happen. At the end of the day, the originals always find a way to come back to their mantles

When did Marvel ever say Steve being old and without the SSS would be permanent? Or that he wouldn't be Captain America again? The only thing I ever heard was Brevoort saying he wouldn't be Captain America when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out, because people were saying once the movie came out, the status quo would go back. I don't recall anyone from Marvel ever saying it would be permanent. But I could very well have missed some interview, or tweet, or something, so I'm not saying its definite.
    Oh, sorry. I wasn't trying to claim that Marvel had said Steve was never going to be Cap again, the most I can remember to that effect was that they said they were committed to pushing these characters in their new roles while the originals would still be around, which obviously doesn't really preclude what's happening right now.

I was more just pointing out how Snyder seemed to be playing it as just a fun and interesting direction for Batman that was planned to end with Bruce back and that I recall him being fairly open about it.

Extraordinary Member

I'm wondering if that's the idea. They'll right Sam as giving the classic shield back and taking the modern one instead. That way everyone saves face. Steve isn't and indian giver and Sam looks good for giving it back to it's true owner.
    Yeah, I kinda think that is where they are going with this.

I mean, the new shield even looks like it should be Sam's shield design-wise.