Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Comics for christians!

What are some comics for christians besides kingstone comics?
    I was hoping to get a comic for a christian friend.
    Last edited by chongjasmine; 01-20-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Spire produced a range of comics featuring the Archie characters that were in publication from 1972 to 1988.

THE SPECTRE by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake

Preacher.

Nah j/k

Speaking as an atheist, I'm pretty sure that you can't go wrong with anything by Doug Tennapel. I've started becoming a bit wary of his books because of the Christianity in them - so they'd probably be what you're looking for. They generally aren't about Christian subjects directly, but in the ones I've read it's always in there.

Invincible Member

I was going to suggest R Crumb's bible adaptations but I'm not sure if it really would be up the OP's alley

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Spire produced a range of comics featuring the Archie characters that were in publication from 1972 to 1988.
    I have those in my Archie collection. They were rather interesting, even for someone who isn't religious like me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Binky Brown Meets the Holy Virgin Mary
    BB

BANNED

Billy Tucci produced a gorgeous comic about the birth of Jesus. I bought it from him directly at a con.

http://www.newsarama.com/8367-billy-...hic-novel.html

A new Chester Brown book 'Mary Wept Over the Feet of Jesus' is coming in a few months. His gospel asaptations were pettyy neat.
    BB

Thanks for all your recommendations.

Amazing Member

I publish stories from the Bible, historical accounts, and modern day testimonies under my Calvary Comics imprint. Additionally, you can see material from various nations at the Christian Comics International website, hosted by COMIX35.

Blessings,

Alec

Surely most comics are for Christians???? Or do you mean a comic that specifically explores Christianity?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Invincible Member

I'm sure the OP is looking comics that are either directly about Christianity or that explore Christian ideas or values. DC Comics did a "treasurary edition" featuring stories from the Bible back in the 70's, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get now