Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Black Road," "The Fix," "Criminal" & More in Image Comics' April 2016 Solicitations

"Criminal" celebrates its 10th anniversary, "Hawaiian Dick" and "Think Tank" return, "Chew" completes the "Poyo" trilogy and tons more in April.

Full article here.

-Criminal 10th Anniversary Special (Magazine Variant)
    -Outcast #18
    -The Goddamned vol. 1 TP
    -Ringside vol. 1: Kayfabe
    -Chew vol. 11: The Last Suppers
    -Southern Bastards vol. 3: Homecoming

Apparently Image wanted all the books I read in trade/wanted to try in trade to come out on the same month. Guess this month would be the one to do it, though, as my pull is a little less with no Paper Girls this one.

I'm all over that magazine variant for the new Criminal one-shot. The last one was glorious.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Drifter #10
    Lazarus Sourcebook #1
    Deadly Class #21
    Tokyo Ghost #6

Also interested in Black Road #1

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Only Image comics I might definitely get are Black Road #1 and/or Chew: Demon Chicken Poyo #1.

Waiting for Circuit Breaker, Monstress and Huck to be collected in trades.

I wonder when Copperhead will return.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Incredible Member

The cover for The Wicked and the Divine hardcover is...disappointing. I would have liked to see original art from Jamie McKelvie rather than some computer generated graphic.

Disappointed by the continued lack of a number of books, including Velvet, Southern Bastards, Five Ghosts, and Sex Criminals. I will be getting East of West, Invincible, Lazarus, Monstress, and Saga. I will have to see the preview art for The Fix and Black Road.

I'm also now concerned about Ryan Ottley leaving Invincible for Grizzly Shark. I will probably go ahead and get Grizzly Shark just for his art though. And at least we've got Cory Walker back on Invincible!!
    Last edited by wwise03; 01-20-2016 at 08:09 AM.

The Autumnlands #12
    Black Road #1
    Chew: Demon Chicken Poyo #1
    Cry Havoc #4
    Deadly Class #21
    East of West #25
    Injection #9
    Monstress #5
    Rat Queens #16
    Revival #39
    Saga #36
    Shutter #20
    Switch #6
    Tokyo Ghost #6
    The Walking Dead #153
    The Wicked + The Divine #18

I really wish that Wicked and Divine hardcover collected 1-17, not just 1-11. I would 100% buy it if it was 1-17 (obviously knowing the price would be higher), but I'm not sure of just 1-11.

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to:

Wicked and Divine #18
    Rat Queens #16
    Cry Havoc #4
    Monstress #5
    Saga #36

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    I really wish that Wicked and Divine hardcover collected 1-17, not just 1-11. I would 100% buy it if it was 1-17 (obviously knowing the price would be higher), but I'm not sure of just 1-11.
    Presumably we will get a second hardcover volume covering arcs 3 and 4 much sooner than if we had to wait for arcs 4, 5, and 6 to come out. I wonder if we can read into the fact that we are getting a 2-arc hardcover rather than a 3-arc hardcover in terms of how long the series will last. Potentially, we will get a number of arcs equal to a multiple of 2 (such as 8 arcs) rather than 3 (potentially, 9 arcs). Although Image is relatively new to putting out hardcover editions, so everything may be up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I'm also now concerned about Ryan Ottley leaving Invincible for Grizzly Shark. I will probably go ahead and get Grizzly Shark just for his art though. And at least we've got Cory Walker back on Invincible!!
    Ottley is already working on future Invincible issues. This is a temporary return to Cory Walker.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Yes new Lazarus collection! Also sourcebook seems awesome.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I may check out The Fix and Black Road depending on the preview art. Other books I'll pull in physical or, at some point, digital.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I wonder when Copperhead will return.
    Not for some time

Has there been any update at all on release timeline for Velvet? Issue 14 was solicited to be released last July but the last issue that has been released was issue 12 in November (solicited for last April). So we are over a half year behind on solicitations and still don't even have issue 13 yet. It is my favorite book that I pull whenever it comes out. That just happens so few and far between that it is hard to be excited for it. Only 4 issues were released in 2015.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Hmmm, this solicits Prophet Earth War #4 as the final issue, but it's supposed to be a six issue mini (I check past solicits and am not worng on this). I hope they aren't cutting it short.

Another month with no Casanova. Matt said probably spring, so hopefully May...