Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    100% improvement from KSD but it feels more like a team book than a solo. I liked it thou. I'll definitely check out the second issue.
    It did feel like a team book which makes it three teams she's on now LOL. Ultimates, A-Force and now Alpha Flight LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah. Sueprheroically speaking, entering a new space station must be like a habitual vacationer entering a new vacation resort? You're impressed with how lovely it all is but its not like you haven't done this before.
    But not this one. If I take over a new job, I have a long adjustment period, getting used to systems, personnel, and inventory. Carol walked in like she'd always been there. She acted like it didn't matter what was going on in the place, and that people should just do what she tells them, and, who cares if she doesn't know the evac procedures, and like in the Spider-woman series, too bad if you get caught up in bad sh**, because Carol is not going to help you. That's what it feels like. It's very unprofessional, to my mind, unless she had already been intensively briefed beforehand.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-28-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    But not this one. If I take over a new job, I have a long adjustment period, getting used to systems, personnel, and inventory. Carol walked in like she'd always been there. She acted like it didn't matter what was going on in the place, and that people should just do what she tells them, and, who cares if she doesn't know the evac procedures, and like in the Spider-woman series, too bad if you get caught up in bad sh**, because Carol is not going to help you. That's what it feels like. It's very unprofessional, to my mind, unless she had already been intensively briefed beforehand.
    Presumably, she'd been involved in setting things up groundside, and this was just her finally getting into the office, so to speak. But this series doesn't have time for an adjustment period. I'm sure we'll see bits and pieces of it here and there. But for the most part, this series cannot afford to spend time showing her getting used to things. There's no way of knowing what the sales will be like; the previous two volumes didn't burn up the charts, remember. So whatever story Butters and Fazekas want to tell, they have to get right into that story.

BANNED

I've sampled previous volumes of CM before but for one reason or another never felt compelled to stick around past one issue. This, though, I loved and will stick with. The space station-set premise is appealing, I like the cast, and Anka's art is a perfect fit. Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    If I take over a new job, I have a long adjustment period, getting used to systems, personnel, and inventory. Carol walked in like she'd always been there. She acted like it didn't matter what was going on in the place, and that people should just do what she tells them, and, who cares if she doesn't know the evac procedures, and like in the Spider-woman series, too bad if you get caught up in bad sh**, because Carol is not going to help you. That's what it feels like. It's very unprofessional, to my mind, unless she had already been intensively briefed beforehand.
    I think it's safe to say that Carol's adjustment period to any new situation would not be the same as the average person's. Also, it's not like she just walked in off the street. I'm sure she had a good amount of preparation and a hand in setting everything up. And, in a real world explanation, a comic has to hit the ground running. We can't spend several issues having Carol get acclimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    We can't spend several issues having Carol get acclimated.
    I dunno. Several issues of meetings with Space-HR could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I dunno. Several issues of meetings with Space-HR could be fun!
    Can I just say that I would sincerely enjoy that? I know no one else wants to read that, but I would love it.