Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It would be nice if they updated the "In Store Date" on their site!

I emailed IDW about this book and here is their response: "The Mike Mignola’s Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects Artist’s Edition HC is currently scheduled for retail release on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 and titles are normally made available in the online store 1-2 weeks after their retail release date."

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I emailed IDW about this book and here is their response: "The Mike Mignola’s Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects Artist’s Edition HC is currently scheduled for retail release on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 and titles are normally made available in the online store 1-2 weeks after their retail release date."
    Thanks a lot for sharing that info!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

I obtained my copy today and it's stupendously great.

With all interior balloon-wording, of which I'm guessing the older stuff like the Goon sequence and Rusty Razorclam were all hand-lettered straight onto the page.

The two Abu versions are really sweet for assessing what graphical storytelling aspects would have been put to the forefront and how.

And each of the other 'curious objects' make for an impressive array of curiousness.
    Especially with all the notes and bits, such as dermatologist appointments.

Of course there are a number of other curiousnesses by mr Mike's hand, such as the όbercool Eddy Current mini-story, the eloquent Weasel #4, or the lush Swamp Thing backstory, and those will still be swell as they are.

But having this book in Artist Edition is a delight anyway.

Plus having its weight rest in my lap makes my legs feel funny. Like I'm not going anywhere .
    Last edited by Kees_L; 09-06-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

I have a bit of a wait before my copy arrives. I'm jealous, Kees.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

I've been going to my local shop every few days to flip through one of their display copies, just burning to buy it, but I'm going to the Rose City ComiCon this weekend in Portland, and that city has no sales tax. Looking forward to picking it up there, then heading over to Mike's booth to have him sign and doodle in it. Gonna be a fun weekend!

I finally picked up the copy I pre-ordered at my LCS today. It's an amazing book! There are a lot more bonus covers in it than I thought there would be.

I got a good deal from Dreamland comics online ($105, free shipping, no sales tax (because I live outside of Illinois)). It was shipped promptly and in an oversized box that protected the inner box & book. This is a really beautiful artist edition. I might even go so far as to call it lavish in its contents.