Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Amazing Screw-on Head and Other Curious Objects — Artist's Edition

On sale June 16, 2016

IDW Publishing is proud to present the second Artist's Edition by Mike Mignola, the Eisner Award-winning creator of Hellboy. Mike Mignola's The Amazing Screw-on Head and Other Curious Objects features the classic Eisner Award-winning story of Screw-on head's epic battles with Emperor Zombie and a host other bizarre and quirky villains, all in the greatest Mignola tradition! This collection will also feature a great selection of other stories as well as an expansive gallery section.
    Last edited by middenway; 01-20-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Very much looking forward to this. The last one was great. (I hope we get another to complete the In Hell run in Artist Edition.)

The Claw of Justice!

Oh, awesome! Amazing Screw-on Head is one of my favorite Mignola stories. Looking forward to this.

Does anybody know if these pages are lettered on the original art or not? IIRC it came out between The Third Wish (which was) and The Island (which I'm pretty sure wasn't).

Quote Originally Posted by timaximus View Post
    Does anybody know if these pages are lettered on the original art or not? IIRC it came out between The Third Wish (which was) and The Island (which I'm pretty sure wasn't).
    I don't know for sure, but it looks like it's lettered on the page to me.

The Island seems to have balloons on the original pages, but the lettering was done digitally. This could be similar. I'd be surprised if they didn't include the lettering if the balloons are on the pages.

Me, I kind of hope there's no balloons or lettering, just the art, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The Island seems to have balloons on the original pages, but the lettering was done digitally. This could be similar. I'd be surprised if they didn't include the lettering if the balloons are on the pages.

Me, I kind of hope there's no balloons or lettering, just the art, but we'll see.
    Ah, you're probably right. It's probably just balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Ah, you're probably right. It's probably just balloons.
    I would expect so yes, the blank balloons as fitted into the artwork, with potentially instances of big sound-effect words (BOOM!) or say a Magician speaking in geometric forms as also proving part of the actual art.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how awesome it's gonna look when this is published, as next to the already wonderful Screw-On Head And Other Stories book.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

I'm curious what else will be included. It's 144 pages, so that's 40 more pages than the Screw-On Head collection.

The Claw of Justice!

I'm curious what else will be included. It's 144 pages, so that's 40 more pages than the Screw-On Head collection.
    Maybe... a new Screw-on head story?
    Probably not.

I'm just not sure what he's drawn that fits in with this collection. Maybe the original pages for Abu Gung and the Beanstalk?

I'm just not sure what he's drawn that fits in with this collection. Maybe the original pages for Abu Gung and the Beanstalk?
    That would be great! Or Solomon Grundy, the nursery rhyme comic bit? Or Weasel #4? What else.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    That would be great! Or Solomon Grundy, the nursery rhyme comic bit? Or Weasel #4? What else.
    I'd like that one-panel gag comic, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

I'd like that double-panel gag comic, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
    Last edited by middenway; 01-23-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Rusty Razorclam