Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

If Darth Maul makes a return it would likely be through a training droid (something like Proxy) or that a "Maul" is more of a clone sort of deal and that it's not the real one. Though I could imagine First Order cloners making a Maulkiller for reasons (always stuck me as odd we never got a full story for that). A training droid would be more likely though since it would make sense for Kylo Ren to have something to spar with if he had to fight a resurgent Jedi order.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Any thoughts on the new Walkers and Super Star Destroyer? The "Star dreadnought"....The flat look kind of reminds me a lot of the interdictor cruisers from both past and present EU. The Walker looks pretty interesting too.

Of course neither will deter fears that the film will be a copy of ESB, although almost all the films have had Walkers.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If Darth Maul makes a return it would likely be through a training droid (something like Proxy) or that a "Maul" is more of a clone sort of deal and that it's not the real one. Though I could imagine First Order cloners making a Maulkiller for reasons (always stuck me as odd we never got a full story for that). A training droid would be more likely though since it would make sense for Kylo Ren to have something to spar with if he had to fight a resurgent Jedi order.
    Based on the TV shows, I don't think the real Maul will appear in the sequel trilogy.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Rian Johnson: Aaaand that’s a wrap on the hardest working post production team in the galaxy. Going to miss sitting in dark rooms with these goobers.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BZU4eJmj_je/

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any thoughts on the new Walkers and Super Star Destroyer? The "Star dreadnought"....The flat look kind of reminds me a lot of the interdictor cruisers from both past and present EU. The Walker looks pretty interesting too.

Of course neither will deter fears that the film will be a copy of ESB, although almost all the films have had Walkers.
    I'll still see the movie, but there's nothing original about it.

ROTJ we're introduced to TIE Interceptors and B-Wings. Force Awakens reels it back to X-Wings and TIE Fighters. At least the prequels tried something new.

Last Jedi has the ESB vibe to it. AT-ATs with a knight rider makeover and the new "Mega Star Destroyer"

Force Awakens was a huge payoff for Disney. If its not broke, don't fix it.

The AT-ATs have always had a red visor cockpit. Some of the ROTJ concept art actually shows AT-STs with similar cockpits; although in the end they decided to go with a slightly redesigned version of the ESB AT-ST (Some of that concept art did clearly inspire the "Rebels" walker.)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-25-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Amazing Member

Anyone else disappointed that Luke doesn't eat Porgs?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

ROTJ we're introduced to TIE Interceptors and B-Wings. Force Awakens reels it back to X-Wings and TIE Fighters. At least the prequels tried something new.

Last Jedi has the ESB vibe to it. AT-ATs with a knight rider makeover and the new "Mega Star Destroyer"

ride that cash cow, baby!

they did spend 9 Billion on it....gotta get that ROI

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

It does feel rather odd for a series built on pulling **** from other places that now instead of looking outward at what's come it's instead mostly just looking inward up its own ass. I mean, the Mega Star Destroyer looks cool, and it's funny its name sounds like something made up as a boss battle in some 16-bit Star Wars game. But I want new new **** too. The lack of chance taking makes so little sense given just on the name alone people will see it. The new movies are so afraid of taking a chance they can't even have different title fonts like the originals, and Star Wars has to not only be in the title, but the biggest part of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It does feel rather odd for a series built on pulling **** from other places that now instead of looking outward at what's come it's instead mostly just looking inward up its own ass. I mean, the Mega Star Destroyer looks cool, and it's funny its name sounds like something made up as a boss battle in some 16-bit Star Wars game. But I want new new **** too. The lack of chance taking makes so little sense given just on the name alone people will see it. The new movies are so afraid of taking a chance they can't even have different title fonts like the originals, and Star Wars has to not only be in the title, but the biggest part of it.
    then you'll all complain "This isn't Star Wars" "SWINO" "Abrams is the devil"

Same ol', same ol'.

They have become quite lazy with designs in Star Wars for being honest. One little example, in Force Awakens. Did Kylo's shuttle had to be so reminiscent of a Lambda class?

Last time i have been impressed with a real NEW design from Star Wars it was the B-wing, watching freaking Return of the Jedi. No wait, i'm unfair, i also loved those Naboo fighters. Very cool design.

Ah well, no biggie. At least it's familiar i guess lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    then you'll all complain "This isn't Star Wars" "SWINO" "Abrams is the devil"
    What is this, some kind bullshit thing where you're assuming people aren't acting in good faith? At most just staying in line with the used future aesthetic is about all they need to do to keep it in line with Star Wars...and depending on how you actually filmed the thing that wouldn't necessarily need to be true.

There's kind of a vast array of things that could be dropped into Star Wars that nobody would say doesn't feel like Star Wars, but nonetheless don't look like a 2.0 version of something for the original movies. You could drop designs from Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Desert Puck, Armor Hunter Mellowlink, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cobra, GI Joe A Real American Hero, Mirai Ninja, Zeiram, the Kerberos Saga, Akira, Outlaw Star, Homeworld, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Berserk, Firefox, Mad Max, Bladerunner, Mechanical Violator Hakaider and a number of other things that wouldn't even feel out of place. Generally you could take a ton of Masamune Shirow designs and drop them into Star Wars without a problem.

It doesn't even make sense that stuff like uniforms would look similar, they were playing off WW2 uniforms in the original movie; but it's been 30 years since that time. Soldiers in 1977 didn't look like WW2 soldiers.

There will be officially a trailer tomorrow, perhaps with Monday Night Football. They showed a quick teaser image of Rey doing some lightsaber moves.

BANNED

There will be officially a trailer tomorrow, perhaps with Monday Night Football. They showed a quick teaser image of Rey doing some lightsaber moves.
    Director says don't watch it if you don't want spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Disney did change the logo, FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium