View Poll Results: Your Favorite Moment From Last Jedi?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kylo and Rey's battle with Snoke's personal guard

8 21.62%
  • Kylo killing Snoke

3 8.11%
  • Luke's last stand against Kylo

11 29.73%
  • Admiral Holdo destroying the Imperial ships by flying into them through hyperspace

3 8.11%
  • Poe pranking General Hux

2 5.41%
  • Finn vs Captain Phasma

2 5.41%
  • Other

8 21.62%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Your Favorite Moment From Last Jedi? *SPOILERS*

What is your favorite moment from Last Jedi?

These seem to be the most talked about and loved by the fans (myself included):
    -Kylo and Rey's battle with Snoke's personal guard.
    -Kylo killing Snoke.
    -Luke's last stand against Kylo.
    -Admiral Holdo destroying the Imperial ships by flying into them through hyperspace.
    -Poe pranking General Hux
    -Finn vs Captain Phasma (although I wish it was longer and wanted to see her have more screen time in this movie)

Any others?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I voted for Kyo and Rey's battle against Snoke's personal guard. It was well choreographed and the scene was visually appealing. Best moment in the movie for me, without question.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Princess Leia flying through space.

So bad it was good. I can't believe something that terrible made it's way into the movie and no one stopped it. And it was shot in such a way that it felt like the director was asking "This is pretty badass isn't it?".

No

Everyone in the theatre just sort of shrugged and had a little laugh.

Luke's death scene.

Kylo and Rey's fight scene is one of my favourite star wars scenes ever.
    Also loved when the Millenium Falcon showed up in the battle with the red sand. (can't remember the planet's name)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

So bad it was good. I can't believe something that terrible made it's way into the movie and no one stopped it. And it was shot in such a way that it felt like the director was asking "This is pretty badass isn't it?".

No

People cheered in all 3 showings I went to.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

No

hahahahaahahaha

oh man the internet is beside themselves on this one.

I didn't know Leia could do that honestly. Does she have lightsaber skills?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    . Does she have lightsaber skills?
    Well she is one half of the Skywalker twins and can use the Force, we just don't know how well until this movie.

I've been hearing rumblings that the blue saber Ben Solo uses in the Academy flash back scenes was his mom's.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

My favorite moment was the revelation of Rey’s parents. So great, and delivered perfectly.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Luke against Kylo Ren but pretty much everything that Luke did in the final act. Love all the moments listed, though. And, of course, Yoda!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The film is choke full of great moments. Each of the options listed here could be the best part of a lesser film. But to choose among them I would go with the option other. My favorite moment was Luke talking with Leia.

Other.

Luke in his final moments staring into two suns. It is both full circle and the end of his journey. As a youngster, he stared into the twin suns of Tatooine craving adventure and excitement. As a Jedi Master--as an experienced man--he stared into the twin suns of Ahch-To, and found peace & contentment.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I really enjoyed this movie, so I'm reading all of the responses and nodding along. I'd probably say the entire throne room scene. It borrowed from Jedi in a really great way, but felt somewhat fresh as well. The catharsis of the killing of Snoke and the lightsaber battle was great and then the rug being pulled out from under us, even better.

I'd also agree with most of the final sequence. All the story lines that were running concurrently all came to a head and wrapped up in a satisfying way and it was some of my favorite work with the Millennium Falcon in the entire series. But all the work done with Luke was a masterclass in storytelling. The image of Luke looking at the twin suns gave me a feeling of satisfaction that can only be achieved by perfect film making.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    My favorite moment was the revelation of Rey’s parents. So great, and delivered perfectly.
    You do know that Kylo was lying right?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Luke coaxing Rey to "reach out" and she taking it literally. Luke's eyeroll as if to say, "Oy, this nooB!" had me rolling!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014