Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yeah, you might want to watch the movie again, because that isn't at all what happened. When Obi-wan acted in anger he gave Maul a good fight for all of 30 seconds before getting knocked into a chasm. Or you know, beaten. Maul could have easily killed him at this point, but Sith arrogance is his greatest weakness and he gives Obi-wan time
    I only saw Sith narcolepsy on display there.

Mighty Member

The First Order Strikes Back.

I think the last time I was this uninterested in a SW movie was before Revenge of the Sith came out. I had high hopes for this new trilogy, but after the trainwreck TFA was I have no hope for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How were the Jedi democratic?
    They were controlled by a council of Jedi Masters, none of them elected, all of them appointed by that same council. Except for Anakin Skywalker, who was appointed by an actual democratic head of state, and was given zero authority because of it. And that was before they even knew Palpatine was a Sith.
    The council acted as a ruling body, and were democratic in their decisions. Representative democracy.

How do you know that none of them were elected? I don't recall that being covered.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The council acted as a ruling body, and were democratic in their decisions. Representative democracy.

How do you know that none of them were elected? I don't recall that being covered.
    Ok, so who elected them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ok, so who elected them?
    The midichlorians?

How they are on the council and others are not is not spoken of one way or another in the films. Election is, therefore, a possibility. But election or not, they were functioning as a representative democracy.

The midichlorians?

How they are on the council and others are not is not spoken of one way or another in the films. Election is, therefore, a possibility. But election or not, they were functioning as a representative democracy.
    So they may or may not be democratically elected, but what makes them a "representative democracy" is that they're democratic among themselves? *shrugs* If that works for you alrighty then.

BANNED

The midichlorians?

How do twelve non-elected people deciding the fate of the galaxy by themselves function in any way at all as a representative democracy? How is your average Padawan represented in that?

How do twelve non-elected people deciding the fate of the galaxy by themselves function in any way at all as a representative democracy? How is your average Padawan represented in that?
    Same way an average citizen represented in either the UK or US, I would imagine.

BANNED

the Jedi Council was crap

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the Jedi Council was crap
    True but the second Jedi Council that was created under Luke might have been done the correct way until they were destroy by the Knights of Ren.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    True but the second Jedi Council that was created under Luke might have been done the correct way until they were destroy by the Knights of Ren.
    the Jedi, as an institution is a bad idea

Force users would be better served being trained, and then sent out into the world to make their way

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    Or they are the Knights of Ren!

Dun dun DUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Same way an average citizen represented in either the UK or US, I would imagine.
    You do know what the word "democratic" means, right?

You do know what the word "democratic" means, right?
    Yes.

10 char