BBFC Rating: 12A

Type of media
    Film
    Approved Running time 151m 38s
    Release date 14/12/2017
    BBFCInsight moderate violence
    Genre(s) Action, Adventure, Science Fiction
    Director(s) Rian Johnson
    Cast includes Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, Benicio del Toro
    Summary STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is a sci-fi action adventure in which a young woman seeks to learn the ways of the Force and help the Resistance battle the evil First Order.
    Cut This work was passed uncut.

Well the director said tonight that "We're" is the first word uttered in the movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Wonder if the film will open with a Star Destroyer? The only films that don't are the first two prequels (Since they weren't around yet) and Rogue One. Maybe Snoke's ship or those new thin black ships.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

so I was looking at the timeline from end of ROTJ to Force Awakens - interesting stuff

I guess Leia was trying to help rebuild the Republic, got outed as Vaders daughter, and basically ended up running the Resistance

oh and the New Order was privately financed and rebuilt

Yeah, most of that's told in "Bloodline" which is a pretty good novel.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I just hope Finn does not lose another Duel. He lost 2 in episode 7. I think that's enough. TBH, Finn's story is pretty much the only one I'm actually invested in. And Maybe Luke's story too. I'm curious as to why he ran and hid while his nephew is trying to be Darth Vader light.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I just hope Finn does not lose another Duel. He lost 2 in episode 7. I think that's enough. TBH, Finn's story is pretty much the only one I'm actually invested in. And Maybe Luke's story too. I'm curious as to why he ran and hid while his nephew is trying to be Darth Vader light.
    crisis of faith...I mean the Jedi were long gone, he tried to rebuild and it was burned to the ground again

as for Finn, I dont think that fighting a StormTrooper counts as a "duel", and going up against one of the leaders of the First Order was kind of dumb anyway, I get why he tried though

he'll be fine

BANNED

I follow a couple journos who were at the premiere last night and the response has been largely positive

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    crisis of faith...I mean the Jedi were long gone, he tried to rebuild and it was burned to the ground again

as for Finn, I dont think that fighting a StormTrooper counts as a "duel", and going up against one of the leaders of the First Order was kind of dumb anyway, I get why he tried though

he'll be fine
    Crisis of Faith? I find it kinda skeptical that such a strong willed character like Luke just disappearing after he made whatever mistake he made in training Kylo. If he can change Vader's mind, it stands to reason that he could talk some sense into Kylo. Or at least acknolwedge that he can't hide for 30yrs until the "force awakens" jUst bc Obi Wan and Yoda did it does not mean it was the right thing to do.

And no matter which way you slice it. Fin vs that Stormtropper counted as a duel. Just look up the definition *An arranged engagement in combat between two people** It was a duel and he lost. He dueled Kylo and he lost. I swear if he duels Phasma and looses again....I'll be somewhat convinced I have wasted valuable time with this new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I follow a couple journos who were at the premiere last night and the response has been largely positive
    The same thing was said about the Force Awakens tho.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The same thing was said about the Force Awakens tho.
    And to this day, the only real criticism we see of THE FORCE AWAKENS is that it hewed too closely to A NEW HOPE. It could have done much worse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    And to this day, the only real criticism we see of THE FORCE AWAKENS is that it hewed too closely to A NEW HOPE. It could have done much worse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Definitely a major and valid criticism, but is that the only real criticism tho?

What about the completely uninspired villain Supreme Leader Snoke.
    What about Temper Tantrum Kylo
    What about the odd in and out nature of Poe Dameron. He was there and then he was gone and then he was there again (Weird as heck). He's a cool idea of a character but please let him do something....i don't know...cool.
    What about the completely hammy death of Han Solo ( He should've died a glorious death, than what we got)
    And what about the Deus ex machina R2D2....suddenly awakening with the missing codes to Luke's location. Could he not have done that in the beginning.

These are only the tip of the iceburg of the glaring holes and half ideas in the Force Awakens but you're right.....it could have been worse. Here's looking at you 'Martha'.
    Last edited by the nomad; 12-11-2017 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

Definitely and major and valid criticism, but is that the only real criticism tho?

What about the completely uninspired villain Supreme Leader Snoke.
    He's no worse than Palpatine in Episodes 4 & 5.

What about Temper Tantrum Kylo
    what about him?

What about the odd in and out nature of Poe Dameron. He was there and then he was gone and then he was there again (Weird as heck). He's a cool idea of a character but please let him do something....i don't know...cool.
    Well, he was going to be dead for real after they crashed that TIE. And then they changed their minds. Sort of like the weird thing with Han in Return Of The Jedi where he was also going to be dead for real until he wasn't.

What about the completely hammy death of Han Solo ( He should've died a glorious death, than what we got)
    Best moment in the movie. And it was a very glorious death.

BANNED

Kylo

a young man who is severely gifted in the Force who has never been fully trained

stopped a laser bolt mid air, that takes focus

was he the best villain - no, but I dont think we are supposed to know all about him in the first movie

as for Han's death, a man trying to reach his son - im not sure what people were expecting - is probably the most noble death a parent can have