Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Didn't find Han's death hammy at all. A father trying to get through to a fallen son one last time. He ultimately fails but he tried in the ultimate act of love.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Didn't find Han's death hammy at all. A father trying to get through to a fallen son one last time. He ultimately fails but he tried in the ultimate act of love.
    THIS

in a life of smuggling, fighting, and barely getting by...Ben (Kylo Ren) was probably one of the few permanent things he had left

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It might also have been his most heroic moment in a lifetime of heroic moments.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

CNN offers lukewarm review of THE LAST JEDI.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I dont know why anyone would look to a news channel (any of them) for a movie review

ive only read one spoiler free review and it was pretty positive, and Im probably going into blackout mode on Friday till I see it Saturday night

Currently sitting at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes with 135 reviews in

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Currently sitting at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes with 135 reviews in
    Has anyone posted links of true spoilers yet??
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

^^ Possibly. I saw one SPOILER article, but I didn't read it so I can't say how spoilery it is.

I won't link to it here, though. I don't know why you'd want to read the spoilers, instead of seeing the movie.

They're not the only one. A few are out there...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I've seen it and I'm going to have a review up for it by Friday.

In short, though, it's a really incredible Star Wars movie that takes what you might expect from the Empire Strikes Back of this trilogy and turns it on its head - and then turns it again and again and again. Also, however much I still love The Force Awakens, Last Jedi both builds on it and takes it in different directions, while making it very clear why the back-to-basics nature of JJ Abrams' film was so important for its sequel to work as well as it does.

It's way too early for me to call it the best Star Wars movie - I need to watch it another dozen times to make that call! - but it is in the running.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ^^ Possibly. I saw one SPOILER article, but I didn't read it so I can't say how spoilery it is.

I won't link to it here, though. I don't know why you'd want to read the spoilers, instead of seeing the movie.

They're not the only one. A few are out there...
    I’m a huge SW junkie and was ticked when they killed off Han.
    I went from YES! Give us tons more Star Wars movies with Luke and Han and Chewie, etc, to... well D—n!
    I wish they hadn’t made episode 7.
    So I guess I just wanted spoilers to be better prepared if Luke dies. :-(
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

BANNED

hoping the new trilogy separates itself - by like 1000 years

I dont need anymore characters Ive seen for 30 years

gimme some new stuff

Harrison Ford has pretty much tried to kill off Han since "Return of the Jedi", when he was starting to have greater solo (heh) success with Indiana Jones, Blade Runner etc. Although he's always loved Indy, He's been pretty ambivalent about Han as a character, calling him one-dimensional, although to be honest I think Indy comes across a bit more like that (Indy doesn't have that much character growth compared to Han).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Has anyone posted links of true spoilers yet??
    Well, some spoilers were doing the rounds this morning. Actually, I did my best to avoid them. But someone (who was unhappy with the film) unloaded online. Purely because he wanted people to know the "crap" they are in for. Which peeved me. If he was unhappy, that's cool. He didn't need to highlight the fate of a certain character, though. That behaviour ruins things for those who wish to be surprised . So best to avoid the net until after you see it.

Mighty Member

It might also have been his most heroic moment in a lifetime of heroic moments.

Ditto. A man who let's face it, cared more about having adventures than being a good father and husband, despite his love for his family, gives his own life to try to save his tortured son.

BANNED

Spoilers! ‘The Last Jedi’ is a new candidate for best Star Wars film ever

https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/13/s...ars-film-ever/