Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, some spoilers were doing the rounds this morning. Actually, I did my best to avoid them. But someone (who was unhappy with the film) unloaded online. Purely because he wanted people to know the "crap" they are in for. Which peeved me. If he was unhappy, that's cool. He didn't need to highlight the fate of a certain character, though. That behaviour ruins things for those who wish to be surprised . So best to avoid the net until after you see it.
    I can beat that

I know someone who despises the new films/timeline sooooooo much and is so loyal to the EU, he says he's going to see various other films this weekend to take away from TLJs market share

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I can beat that

I know someone who despises the new films/timeline sooooooo much and is so loyal to the EU, he says he's going to see various other films this weekend to take away from TLJs market share
    Bizarre. I mean, it isn't going to be for everyone. As fans we all want different things from the franchise. That's just how it is. I love the EU. But it wasn't perfect, either. It is what it is. But to share spoilers because you hate a film? That ruins it for people. We are all fans. Some just lose sight of that.

Anyway, just came back from the midnight screening here in Australia. This film is epic in scope and it is never boring. People who criticized TFA for being repetitive, should be happy with this. It feels like we have some new ground. It sets things up for something pretty interesting.

Ah well, i'm probably going to watch it next week or something.

i'm not too hyped for being honest (a movie mostly about Rey and Kylo it seems, 2 characters i don't give two shits about) but it's Star Wars, you gotta watch it right? I think it's a law.

Or if it isn't yet Disney is going to make it one.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ah well, i'm probably going to watch it next week or something.

i'm not too hyped for being honest (a movie mostly about Rey and Kylo it seems, 2 characters i don't give two shits about) but it's Star Wars, you gotta watch it right? I think it's a law.

Or if it isn't yet Disney is going to make it one.
    Plenty of characters beside Rey and Kylo get the spotlight in this movie without it feeling unbalanced IMO
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Well I see the movie shortly and was green-lit by Disney to write a spoiler review (I moonlight for a local paper), but I think I'll wait till a spoiler thread pops up to share my thoughts.

I find it interesting as we weren't allowed to write spoiler reviews on TFA till noon Friday.

They must be pretty confident in the film.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Bizarre. I mean, it isn't going to be for everyone. As fans we all want different things from the franchise. That's just how it is. I love the EU. But it wasn't perfect, either. It is what it is. But to share spoilers because you hate a film? That ruins it for people. We are all fans. Some just lose sight of that.

Anyway, just came back from the midnight screening here in Australia. This film is epic in scope and it is never boring. People who criticized TFA for being repetitive, should be happy with this. It feels like we have some new ground. It sets things up for something pretty interesting.
    Part of the reason The Force Awakens was repetitive was by design - it was a message saying 'We understand what you loved about the original trilogy and we promise not to repeat the mistakes of the prequels."

However, now that that message has been sent directors are free to break new ground - while still remembering what made the first films great. Non spoilery reviews of The Last Jedi are saying that it does just that.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well I see the movie shortly and was green-lit by Disney to write a spoiler review (I moonlight for a local paper), but I think I'll wait till a spoiler thread pops up to share my thoughts.

I find it interesting as we weren't allowed to write spoiler reviews on TFA till noon Friday.

They must be pretty confident in the film.
    Weirdly, here in South Africa we were embargoed until midday tomorrow for any reviews. "Reactions", yes, "reviews", no. And that's despite international reviews having been out since yesterday afternoon!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Part of the reason The Force Awakens was repetitive was by design - it was a message saying 'We understand what you loved about the original trilogy and we promise not to repeat the mistakes of the prequels."

However, now that that message has been sent directors are free to break new ground - while still remembering what made the first films great. Non spoilery reviews of The Last Jedi are saying that it does just that.
    Yeah, exactly. Last Jedi entirely justifies Abrams' decision to make the Force Awakens like he did.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I have a very reliable friend who by some miracle or mysterious means has seen the Last Jedi and from what he has told me........my only response is that I have a very bad feeling about this. I'll see it to judge it for myself but something tells me, that for me this movie will be the straw that breaks the Star Wars Camel's back, even in spite of the Hope Rogue One re-established with me and the Disneyfied Star Wars Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He's no worse than Palpatine in Episodes 4 & 5.

what about him?

Well, he was going to be dead for real after they crashed that TIE. And then they changed their minds. Sort of like the weird thing with Han in Return Of The Jedi where he was also going to be dead for real until he wasn't.

Best moment in the movie. And it was a very glorious death.

Palpatine/The Emperor was more interesting. He was the man that Darth Vader hismelf bent the knee too. People were actually afraid of Vader and so whoever this guy was that he bowed to must be even scarier. Kylo bowing to Snoke......eh. whatever.

What do you mean what about him. The fact that I called him Temper Tantrum Kylo speaks for itself. If he really wanted the droid why didn't he go down to the planet to get it himself. Why did he leave Rey with incompetent guards why not take her before snoke in the beginning. Why was he so fond of destroying First ORder property. Vader just force choked people out. that's how you show dominance and fear. I don't remember him drawing his lightsaber and destroying Empire property. And Kylo did it not once, but two times. Like really dude, really.

If Poe was supposed to die then....probably should have died. It probably would have been better if he did, in-spite of his awesome name.

Best Moment in the movie was when Han and Chewie reclaimed the Falcon. Han did die a noble death but it could have been better. Why not him confronting Snoke Solo (Forgive the Pun), and the two men exchange their views on Kylo/Ben. Snoke grows tired and tries to kill him but Han manages to shoot him first and wing him. Snoke kills him just as Kylo arrives. Han Manages one last look at his son's face before he dies. That would have been a more fitting death for Han freaking Solo. but whatever.......
    Last edited by the nomad; 12-13-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I have a very reliable friend who by some miracle or mysterious means has seen the Last Jedi and from what he has told me........my only response is that I have a very bad feeling about this. I'll see it to judge it for myself but something tells me, that for me this movie will be the straw that breaks the Star Wars Camel's back, even in spite of the Hope Rogue One re-established with me and the Disneyfied Star Wars Saga.
    I’ve read all the spoilers.

People are going to be VERY divided on this movie,

Personally, I’ve dropped my expectations.

Extraordinary Member

I loved it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’ve read all the spoilers.

People are going to be VERY divided on this movie,

Personally, I’ve dropped my expectations.
    I wasn't initially thrilled about certain points. The more I thought on it, the more I came around to what they were trying to do. But yes, I've spoken with a few people today and it is very divided. Although, they only disliked it because of one reason. Which you can probably guess what it was.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's great. I will need to see it again to really take everything in and mull it over a bit more, but, right now, I feel like this is the best Star Wars movie, hands down. Yes, better than Empire Strikes Back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Palpatine/The Emperor was more interesting. He was the man that Darth Vader hismelf bent the knee too. People were actually afraid of Vader and so whoever this guy was that he bowed to must be even scarier. Kylo bowing to Snoke......eh. whatever.

What do you mean what about him. The fact that I called him Temper Tantrum Kylo speaks for itself. If he really wanted the droid why didn't he go down to the planet to get it himself. Why did he leave Rey with incompetent guards why not take her before snoke in the beginning. Why was he so fond of destroying First ORder property. Vader just force choked people out. that's how you show dominance and fear. I don't remember him drawing his lightsaber and destroying Empire property. And Kylo did it not once, but two times. Like really dude, really.

If Poe was supposed to die then....probably should have died. It probably would have been better if he did, in-spite of his awesome name.

Best Moment in the movie was when Han and Chewie reclaimed the Falcon. Han did die a noble death but it could have been better. Why not him confronting Snoke Solo (Forgive the Pun), and the two men exchange their views on Kylo/Ben. Snoke grows tired and tries to kill him but Han manages to shoot him first and wing him. Snoke kills him just as Kylo arrives. Han Manages one last look at his son's face before he dies. That would have been a more fitting death for Han freaking Solo. but whatever.......
    ummmm Snoke wasn't even around

Im actually curious as to where he is

I guess we find that out in this movie