Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

StarWars.com - THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED
    ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.

THE LAST JEDI is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/the-off...-viii-revealed

So who's the last Jedi....Luke or Rey?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I wonder if Snoke will receive character development for the next movie. There's still so much we don't know about the character like whether he's really a giant or not. I also heard rumors that Snoke is really Darth Plaguis, which I doubt.
    He darn well better. I will be VERY disappointed if they don't. I don't think Snoke is Plaguis. I think he's Mace Windu.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Rey, just because they need the films to keep going.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    He darn well better. I will be VERY disappointed if they don't. I don't think Snoke is Plaguis. I think he's Mace Windu.
    Where has this theory come that snooke is mace? Where's the clues for it

All-New Member

I'm really thinking the red font (instead of the typical yellow) is something to pay attention to, as well as the title itself.

BANNED

Luke, probably, and "last" sounds pretty definite, so I don't think he's going to be training any new ones.

They were pretty specific that the First Order Dark Siders aren't Sith, so it make sense that the new Light Siders won't be Jedi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Where has this theory come that snooke is mace? Where's the clues for it
    The only clue is that we haven't seen Mace's body.

And I think Snoke is really just Snoke.

Mighty Member

The most obvious reading of the title is Luke. Having failed to restart the Order, and without further apprentices, it seems he is quite literally to be the last Jedi. Ever. Will Rey change that? Will Luke WANT to change that?

Also, keep in mind that both Yoda and Kylo Ren have specifically referred to Luke as the last Jedi.

If there's a deeper meaning to the title, we don't have any clear indication yet. Wouldn't surprise me, honestly. Rey's story is the biggest question mark in the new trilogy.

New Star Wars: Episode VIII Title Raises the Galaxy’s Largest “Singular or Plural?” Question

*shrugs* I see it as plural, thus referring to both Luke and Rey, heck possibly Leia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The most obvious reading of the title is Luke. Having failed to restart the Order, and without further apprentices, it seems he is quite literally to be the last Jedi. Ever. Will Rey change that? Will Luke WANT to change that?
    One has to assume there's a reason Luke laid such an elaborate plan to be found by just the right person, so I'd say that he wants to.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

By the ever so awesome, Walter Simonson.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    One has to assume there's a reason Luke laid such an elaborate plan to be found by just the right person, so I'd say that he wants to.
    What makes you think it was Luke's plan? There's no clear indication that he wants to be found. R2 had part of the map, but we don't know where he got it. Nor do we know the source of the piece Poe found on Jakku. It's entirely possible that others rebuilt research Luke had originally done for himself, and then destroyed so that he couldn't be followed. Especially considering Kylo Ren claims to have the piece of the map that R2 had, which seems like a pretty serious oversight on Luke's part if it was intentional.

You may very well be right, but there's nothing in TFA that suggest that Luke is looking to be found, rather than Rey finding a cranky Jedi Master who just wants to be left alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    What makes you think it was Luke's plan? There's no clear indication that he wants to be found. R2 had part of the map, but we don't know where he got it. Nor do we know the source of the piece Poe found on Jakku. It's entirely possible that others rebuilt research Luke had originally done for himself, and then destroyed so that he couldn't be followed. Especially considering Kylo Ren claims to have the piece of the map that R2 had, which seems like a pretty serious oversight on Luke's part if it was intentional.
    Maybe the map didn't actually lead to Luke Skywalker, it just lead to the place Luke was hiding out at, and has some other significance?

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Do you like the new Star Wars title, The Last Jedi? I guess it would be weird if you said, “No, I don’t.”

I mean, I was told way back when we were doing the film what it was and I really liked it. I didn’t realize, though, that actual phrase is in the crawl for Episode VII.

Oh yeah, you’re right. I didn’t think of that until you just said that.

By the way, when you read The Force Awakens script, the very first two words are, “Luke Skywalker has vanished.” Ooh, baby, this is going to be good! I’m going to have a great part! But down later in the crawl, and I can’t quote it exactly, I saw on Twitter this morning, “until Skywalker, the last Jedi, is destroyed.” I thought, well, I didn’t know that! I’ve only seen it twice – VII, I mean. And I was wondering why they would use that phrase if it was used that way, because it specifies me. And I think it’s very ambiguous. Is the last Jedi Leia? Is it me?

Or is it Rey?

Is it someone we’ve never met before? Or is it Rey? Because she seems to have the force as well. So we’ll all wait and see.
    http://uproxx.com/movies/mark-hamill...ar-sundance/3/