Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Maybe the map didn't actually lead to Luke Skywalker, it just lead to the place Luke was hiding out at, and has some other significance?
    ... um, the movie ends with Rey holding out Anakin's saber to Luke ... are you suggesting that it wasn't Luke at the end of TFA!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... um, the movie ends with Rey holding out Anakin's saber to Luke ... are you suggesting that it wasn't Luke at the end of TFA!?
    No, I am suggesting that place Luke is hiding out at may hold something more significant than a depressed Jedi Master. That there may be a reason Luke chose that particular planet (beyond the weather and gorgeous landscapes). Might even have been the same map Luke used to find the place.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I just hope they start taking risks in the story telling and tell something new, TFA was borderline shameless, one could argue it got the franchise back on it's feet but 8 and 9 have to make up for it or, I'd never thought I'd say this I may actually end up preferring the PT. Infact I hope there isn't a single nod to Empire in this film at all. TFA did leave a lot of potential open so I am hoping it is seized upon!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

By the ever so awesome, Walter Simonson.
    1448184231.jpg

By the oh so wizard Michael Reaves.

No, I am suggesting that place Luke is hiding out at may hold something more significant than a depressed Jedi Master. That there may be a reason Luke chose that particular planet (beyond the weather and gorgeous landscapes). Might even have been the same map Luke used to find the place.
    It's probably a Jedi homeland of some kind. Like Jedha or Yavin or even Dagobah. Lots of people think that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Wasn't it confirmed to be the location of the first Jedi temple?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I don't think there is anything that is confirmed about the story.

I don't think there is anything that is confirmed about the story.
    Luke is in it with a bigger role. Leia has a bigger role. Snoke has a bigger role. Phasma has a bigger role. Snap is to have a bigger role. Kylo, Finn, Rey, Poe are the main characters. BB-8, Chewie, R2, Threepio, Hux, Maz, & Connix are supporting characters. There is a new "dangerous" character being played by del Toro. There is a new “aristocratic and fancy” character being played by Laura Dern. Kelly Marie Tran is playing a support character to Finn. Ackbar and Nien Nunb are back. There's an "old character" cameo. Captain Canady is a new character ... We don't know for what side.

That's all we know. And the title.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-27-2017 at 11:49 AM.

I'm always surprised by Star Wars staying power and popularity. I'm most interested in the Boba Fett movie but liked Finn and Rey from Force Awakens and am anticipating this one.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    From the movie I had the impression that there was some kind of significance to the island, other than it being a place for Luke to hide out. Need to rewatch that movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Han mentioned something about Luke searching for the first Jedi temple, however it's unclear whether that's what the planet at the end was, although are some ruins (The island they used BTW was an old Irish monastary).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This looks like it could very well be our first look at Episode 8's Rey (apart from the 'first day of filming' video a few months back which was pretty much just picking up where 8 left off).

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...ptember-1-2017

Rey's hair was tied back the whole time in 7 so I'm thinking this might be a new shot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This looks like it could very well be our first look at Episode 8's Rey (apart from the 'first day of filming' video a few months back which was pretty much just picking up where 8 left off).

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...ptember-1-2017

Rey's hair was tied back the whole time in 7 so I'm thinking this might be a new shot.
    Hallmark showed her in dark grey and hair down, but pretty much the same getup as before. A little more samurai looking, though.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hallmark showed her in dark grey and hair down, but pretty much the same getup as before. A little more samurai looking, though.
    Looks like Luke won't be reclaiming his original lightsaber, but bequeathing it to Rey.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Looks like Luke won't be reclaiming his original lightsaber, but bequeathing it to Rey.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    BTW, I haven't watched RotJ in awhile ... Luke kept his green saber at the end, right? Someone the other day I was listening to said he left it on the DSII. I'm pretty sure they showed several shots at the end of the film with it on his belt.