Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    BTW, I haven't watched RotJ in awhile ... Luke kept his green saber at the end, right? Someone the other day I was listening to said he left it on the DSII. I'm pretty sure they showed several shots at the end of the film with it on his belt.
    It was on his belt so unless he lost his green blade in the intervening years between RoTJ and the end of TFA, he should have his green lightsaber with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    It was on his belt so unless he lost his green blade in the intervening years between RoTJ and the end of TFA, he should have his green lightsaber with him.
    That's what I thought. Some people just want to argue ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Even if he'd lost the green one, he likely would have replaced it with a new one at some point in the 20-odd years since Return Of The Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Even if he'd lost the green one, he likely would have replaced it with a new one at some point in the 20-odd years since Return Of The Jedi.
    what makes you think so? i actually expect that luke will still have his sabre, but nothing that we have seen in tfa indicates this. it is not like this luke appears to have had the many adentures of old EU luke. he seems much more like yoda, pacifist exile after failure.
    i wonder how this aspect will turn out in particular. i have rewatched rotj recently, and yoda urged him to pass his knowledge. they must explain in my humble opinion why luke dropped the task yoda gave him as his dying wish.

hilarious, imagine force ghost yoda haunting luke, breaking bad style:

you-had-one-e6yjzz.jpg

[(one job you had, one job) in yoda speech? poking luke with his stick]

if they screw this up i think it will degrade tfa into prequel territory. luke must have a very solid reason for his hiding. and from what i have seen in tfa, i am not very hopeful.
    just remember han walking straight into mazīs castle and she shoutingly greets him across the room so that every attending scum n villany would insta grab their hypercome smartphones?
    that was so PIS
    why not give an advnced call to meet without too many eyes and ears? maybe on a landing platform?

ofc that didnīt worked out that well either, but atleast it was not as cringe inducing as a smuggler on the run having his name shouted arcoss the room.
    the character i know would have atleast said: "well there goes our cover, be prepared kiddo. we might have to get out of here pretty quick" just liked he whispered to chewie to keep an eye open.
    empire han was aware they could waltz into troble, while tfa han appears to be totally unaware of it.

the point i am making is that i am not very sure that lukeīs motivations in ep8 will be consistent with the characters portrayal in the past. of course this is all asumptions at the moment, but as it happened with han in tfa, an inconsistent portrayal of key characters might harm my enjoyment of these, otherwise impressive, new movies
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-17-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    what makes you think so? i actually expect that luke will still have his sabre, but nothing that we have seen in tfa indicates this. it is not like this luke appears to have had the many adentures of old EU luke. he seems much more like yoda, pacifist exile after failure.
    i wonder how this aspect will turn out in particular. i have rewatched rotj recently, and yoda urged him to pass his knowledge. they must explain in my humble opinion why luke dropped the task yoda gave him as his dying wish.
    Well, he did pass on his knowledge, and all of his students ended up dead or dark side.

But he did start out to train new Jedi.

if they screw this up i think it will degrade tfa into prequel territory. luke must have a very solid reason for his hiding. and from what i have seen in tfa, i am not very hopeful.
    just remember han walking straight into mazīs castle and she shoutingly greets him across the room so that every attending scum n villany would insta grab their hypercome smartphones?
    that was so PIS
    why not give an advnced call to meet without too many eyes and ears? maybe on a landing platform?

ofc that didnīt worked out that well either, but atleast it was not as cringe inducing as a smuggler on the run having his name shouted arcoss the room.
    Han was not actually on the run. Rey, BB-8, and Finn were. Han's name hadn't been been connected to them yet.

the point i am making is that i am not very sure that lukeīs motivations in ep8 will be consistent with the characters portrayal in the past.
    I'm guessing it won't be because his past portrayal was "farmboy with a quick crash course in Jedi knighthood".

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Footage shown from Disney investor meeting (March 8, 2017) description:

Quote Originally Posted by SLC fanboys
    Reshowed footage from the end of TFA with Rey meeting Luke.

New:

Footage following TFA where Luke grabs the Lightsaber from Rey with both hands. Cut to wide shot of him looking up to Rey from the lightsaber.

Luke (to Rey): Who are you?

Poe (to BB-8): It's now or never!

Chewie roar.

Captain Phasma.

Finn in a uniform on a First Order ship deck

Leia turns toward the camera with a hologram of a fleet of ships behind her

Ships flying past Resistance's fleet

Rey ignites the lightsaber, spins it around

X-wing landing in a hangar.

A wide shot of Rey of doing Lightsaber training/maneuvers on a point on the Ahch-To island

No Kylo Ren

No Snoke
    http://slcfanboys.bonneville.libsynp...-the-last-jedi (fan site)

/Film - Exclusive: Full ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi Footage’ Description From the Disney Investors’ Conference

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-t...e-description/
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 03-09-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Teaser Poster:

Teaser Trailer:

I would have liked to see more of Finn, Poe, and Rose (new character), but otherwise this was amazing.

"First comes the day
    Then comes the night.
    After the darkness
    Shines through the light.
    The difference, they say,
    Is only made right
    By the resolving of gray
    Through refined Jedi sight."

-- Journal of the Whills

Since it is now in-continuity.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I would've thrown in a couple of shots of Finn and Rose (Kelly Marie Tran's) character together instead, but I expect we will see that further down the line, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    I would've thrown in a couple of shots of Finn and Rose (Kelly Marie Tran's) character together instead, but I expect we will see that further down the line, at least.
    They want you to wonder if Finn is going to be okay. Which is kind of silly since he's listed as STARRING.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They want you to wonder if Finn is going to be okay. Which is kind of silly since he's listed as STARRING.
    I guess it sort of makes sense from a GA perspective. A lot of my friends don't follow all the BTS stuff, so they just know what they see in the trailers when they see them in front of some other movie.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I guess it sort of makes sense from a GA perspective. A lot of my friends don't follow all the BTS stuff, so they just know what they see in the trailers when they see them in front of some other movie.
    Also, this film is set to happen immediately after TFA, so he's still gonna be in the med pod. At least, at the start.

I got the vibe from the trailer that they're going to deconstruct the established Star Wars mythos this film. Which means IX will be a rebuild movie.

Captain Phasma in action has me hyped