Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Captain Phasma in action has me hyped
    She looked ready for action last film and ... into the garbage shoot flyboy (girl)!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

There is light, darkness, and the balance...

If that isn't a giant, big, fat middle-finger to George Lucas's version of the Force, I don't know what isn't. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Captain Phasma in action has me hyped
    Two seconds after that footage, the whole group fell through a trap door to the garbage room.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I kinda hate to say it but I was kinda underwhelmed from the teaser trailer. It was still a good trailer, but it did not get me near as excited as the Force Awakens or even the Rogue One trailers did.

Ultimate Member

I'd be hyped, if only for that last line. Which is really intriguing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I kinda hate to say it but I was kinda underwhelmed from the teaser trailer. It was still a good trailer, but it did not get me near as excited as the Force Awakens or even the Rogue One trailers did.
    I was totally underwhelmed and don't mind saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I was totally underwhelmed and don't mind saying it.
    I remember similar sentiment when AotC dropped the first trailer.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not sure what people mean by "The balance" being uncharestic of Lucas's version of the force-as the term "Balance of the force" was brought up many times in the prequels. Perhaps it means no Jedi, and no Sith-which is in effect, what Vader kind of did, by killing the Sith (himself and Palpatine) and killing off all the Jedi-except for his son. Maybe that's why Luke has partially given up-he was never really meant to bring the Jedi back in the first place. Could make for an interesting twist. Kind of like in the Metal Gear series, how both sides were always wrong about pretty much everything.

The things that seem to be racing towards the walkers (seen in the distance) kind of remind me of the Pod racers, although with more of a design nod towards the "Knights of the Old Republic" swoops. Looks like Disney is definetly mining a bit from there, first with the Hammerheads and now this.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-14-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure what people mean by "The balance" being uncharestic of Lucas's version of the force-as the term "Balance of the force" was brought up many times in the prequels. Perhaps it means no Jedi, and no Sith-which is in effect, what Vader kind of did, by killing the Sith (himself and Palpatine) and killing off all the Jedi-except for his son. Maybe that's why Luke has partially given up-he was never really meant to bring the Jedi back in the first place. Could make for an interesting twist. Kind of like in the Metal Gear series, how both sides were always wrong about pretty much everything.

The things that seem to be racing towards the walkers (seen in the distance) kind of remind me of the Pod racers, although with more of a design nod towards the "Knights of the Old Republic" swoops. Looks like Disney is definetly mining a bit from there, first with the Hammerheads and now this.
    And it's come up numerous times in the cartoons, which he supervises (or at least I'm pretty sure he still supervised the more Force-heavy episodes of Clone Wars, I think he's a little less involved in Rebels).

Saw the trailer and I don't know I got mixed feelings. Part of me wants to be hyped but the other part of me remembers how that went the last time.

Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Finn!!, Post-Force Awakens---Aww...Finn (
    Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Captain PHasma Post Force Awakens--Aww...Captain Phasma (
    Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie Post-Force Awakens- NO Luke, 5 mins of Leia and Han get's Murked and Chewie is now Rey's new partner or Co-Pilot??

Still kinda feeling the burn of the bait and switch but I'm still holding out a sliver of hope on a few things. Hearing Luke is a plus, but I doubt it's time for the Jedi to end, but more than likely it's probably time for the Skywalker Line to sit out a few plays. Every time you look up one of them is turning to the dark-side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not sure what people mean by "The balance" being uncharestic of Lucas's version of the force-as the term "Balance of the force" was brought up many times in the prequels.
    Well, yes. But in Lucas' vision, balance meant the complete and utter eradication of the Dark Side.

Nuggets from the TLJ panel today:

- Rey is let down meeting her hero, Luke Skywalker. She is expecting more and is very disappointed.
    - First Order is more organized than the Republic and Resistance after the capitol seat is eliminated. They get very aggressive. Starkiller was a big loss but not as bad as losing the capitol.
    - BB-8 is getting WAY more scenes and moments.
    - Finn will have to finally decide if he is going to fight or run.
    - Tran's character Rose is going to be a "significant" part of the film. She's a maintenance tech for the Resistance. She's the "unlikely hero" of the new group. Kind of like Luke and Rey.
    - Luke & Leia are central characters. Luke is considered the linchpin of the plot. Carrie gave an "inspired" performance. Mark called Daisy his daughter a lot to mess with the crowd. Mark is "very nervous" about the film.
    - Poe and Finn's friendship will be expanded upon. Poe will have more scenes.
    - Somebody wrote, "Han Shot First" on the NuFalcon and Rian found it in post. :P
    - Crait is the name of the planet that contains the "massive" land battle. It's a mining planet and that is rust dust that is turning red. It has an old Rebel base that is "central" to the story.
    - Part of the dialog might not be Luke in the trailer. :O
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Saw the trailer and I don't know I got mixed feelings. Part of me wants to be hyped but the other part of me remembers how that went the last time.

Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Finn!!, Post-Force Awakens---Aww...Finn (
    Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Captain PHasma Post Force Awakens--Aww...Captain Phasma (
    Pre-Force Awakens- Awww yeah Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie Post-Force Awakens- NO Luke, 5 mins of Leia and Han get's Murked and Chewie is now Rey's new partner or Co-Pilot??

Still kinda feeling the burn of the bait and switch but I'm still holding out a sliver of hope on a few things. Hearing Luke is a plus, but I doubt it's time for the Jedi to end, but more than likely it's probably time for the Skywalker Line to sit out a few plays. Every time you look up one of them is turning to the dark-side.
    You mean TWO of them, separated by DECADES!! Lets no exaggerate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    You mean TWO of them, separated by DECADES!! Lets no exaggerate here.
    Well, if you are thinking of the expanded universe I think the shorter list is the Skywalkers who DON'T take at least a short turn down the dark side.

This is exactly the level of trailer i wanted. Doesn't spoil a single thing, hints at the conflict inspiring the name of the movie and hints at some sick action scenes.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.