Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

what did falcon do that was more than "all of the POC x-men combine?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Actually, the one thing I felt really disappointed about X-movies is that they didn't respect the multiculturalism and multiethnicity of the original X-books. I simply see no reason for it (there are people from everywhere around the world in NY).
    The originals were all caCaucasiannd that didn't break til Giant X-men came around (that took about 20yrs counting from the sixties up until GXM release)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Can we have a thread that doesn't revolve around racism against white people?
    Odd... pointing out a fault doesn't make it what it seems.

BANNED

It's not playing the race card to reflect the international, multiethnic reality of the X-men. Saying playing the race card is an attempt to undermine a very good point. The X-men films have been horrible for people of color. Granted that's better than MCU films but that's like saying: "yummy crap sandwich."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You do realize that X-men: Apocalypse is White X-men vs minorities?

X-men had literally one POC and she was a useless side character that did nothing the whole time.

X-2... same exact thing.

X-3... they added some throw away POC bad guys and I guess Storm got more of a role?

FC... lets see, the only kid to die was a black dude. and the only other POC was a stripper. yay??

DoFP... let's see.... it continued to add POC only to be annihilated (twice!!) by sentinels. they got no real lines, they were simply "people with powers" who all got saved by a bunch of white people.

So if by "prominent" you mean throw away characters who die or do nothing... then yay!? you are right. And they don't have a choice but to use woman becaus that is jsut x-men in general (and they got lucky and snagged Katniss before she blew up). Can't really get around that. Wake me up when Storm si actually used for something other than bad lines and some lightning.
    Quoted for truth.

X-men First Class was the biggest offender in this regard because out of the young mutants, the only one that died was the black man.

That in and of itself is an epic fail. I appreciate the depth of "some" of the X-men movies but regarding POC....they haven't done great at all.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-21-2016 at 07:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i have to say i don't agree. i see your points on why you want them to stay apart, but to tell the truth Days of future past has been the only Great X-Men film. the first three were wolverine movies with X-me in the background. bad cameos, bad acting, bad lines, terrible story telling, it got by because of die hard fans watching it. Avengers, Ironman, Thor and Captain America has risen the bar. The X-Men seem good compared with Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Electra Hulk, Punisher and the Fantastic Four, but now we want more.

This is why Fox reboot the X-Men world, they knew they messed up with the last movies, and want to make the movies that can rival all the great comic books movie coming out. i think Disney would make great X-Men movies. they know what they are doing, by example Star Wars. they brought the rights and made a awesome movie, they can do the same with the X-Men. They can make the X-Men into great movies that will blow away anything singer can think of. Singer makes a lot of hype for all his work, but falls short in most of the time. i can go on and on about his short comings, but that is not the point here.

Humor has always been apart of the X-Men, have you forgotten that the X-Men are a family. they fight each other with one liners all the time. yes they have dark story lines and no, they have not been portrayed well on screen. case in point the Dark Phoenix story line in X-3, that was god awful. Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey story lines sucked, i can go into detail but that is a lot to go through.

but like i said before i can see your points, but everything you said bad about the MU i can say about the Fox X-Men universe and then some.
    Disney would dumb down x-men. sorry.

Star Wars TFA was kind of average to good. it borrows a lot from a New hope and had a misguided female character with a forced girl power myth that in the reality turned out to be sadly a mary sue.

it was a good movie but it did not blow me away. JJ Abrams reboot of star trek in 2009 was better.

MCU humors are in the wrong place and at the wrong time. the reason why mcu uses so many lame dumb humors is to make the situation very light hearted for children watching. X-men comics are not like that.

say what you want about singer but he has succeeded in making quality comic book movies far more than marvel. Even marvel own actors and directors has said marvel is not interested in making quality comic films they just want junk as long as it sells to the masses. this is why their actors like ed norton and mickey rouke and even joss whedon parted ways bitterly with the mcu.

ironically you have x-men actors like Peter Dinklarge from game of thrones praising the x-men movies for its depth and Ian Mckellen praising the series for the social commentary and james mccvoy praising x-men for having more grounded and three dimensional characters who are aware they live in a real world with consequences.

the villian actor in X2 Brian Cox once said X-men films does what no comic film usually does and did you know that Christopher Nolan said it was watching the x-men movies that made him see that his vision for a grounded story driven batman can be done with all the comical gimmicks.

so saying the xmen falls short to the MCU is just crap. the proof is in the artists.

that shows you were the true quality lies and it is not with MCU. MCU forced Whedon to make a dumb movie like age of ultron and whedon got pissed off and has he had quit working for them

disney will dumb down x-men. if disney could make good xmen films that avengers and age of ultron would have been good quality films with depth. not just silly popcorm summer flicks that you dont care about in a month with laughable villians and explosions all over the city and witty one liners so that children can pay attention in cinema and buy the toys.

keep disney and mcu away from xmen please. x-men should never go back to marvel

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The originals were all caCaucasiannd that didn't break til Giant X-men came around (that took about 20yrs counting from the sixties up until GXM release)
    Touché. Second Genesis will be always my 'original X-Men', I just always forget about the O5 'cause I don't really care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Odd... pointing out a fault doesn't make it what it seems.
    If I said I didn't like seeing many black characters in a movie, or a white character being saved by a black character, I'd be called racist. Yet people say the exact things but reversed in this thread. If that's not racist I don't know what is. Or people speaking for other cultures. I'm not even American and my culture wasn't represented in any Marvel related medium. Wait, I forgot white people have no culture...

BANNED

Can we have a thread that doesn't revolve around racism against white people?
    racism against white people
    um.....lol

LOL ... smh

I didn't intend to open a can of worms with my comment. All I'm gonna say is, when I think about the decisions made about the twins in AOU and some of the castings in Dr Strange -for example- (and that's not all inclusive), I definitely do not think that Fox is worse about diversity than the MCU.

If you disagree, good for you. I'm not arguing about it or commenting on it further.

If I said I didn't like seeing many black characters in a movie, or a white character being saved by a black character, I'd be called racist. Yet people say the exact things but reversed in this thread. If that's not racist I don't know what is. Or people speaking for other cultures. I'm not even American and my culture wasn't represented in any Marvel related medium. Wait, I forgot white people have no culture...
    nobody is saying anything like that.

You are trying to victimize yourself so much your are twisting arguments.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You are trying to victimize yourself so much your are twisting arguments.
    Says the guy who brought the race card first.

BANNED

I disagree. Yes, the XMEN movies are deeper than the Avengers movie, but that's because the XMEN are just that awesome, NOT because FOX is better than Disney. Disney would've done a better job with them. Only after DOFP is FOX finally getting them right.

The only benefit to XMEN not being in the MCU, is for more obscure characters like Ant Man, Inhumans and GOTG getting more love.

Yes, the Marvel villains are weaker but that's because the two BEST ones aren't in the MCU (Magneto and Doom).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pryde9 View Post
    POOR you what does this have to do with my reasons. fact is MCU films are dumb down for disney kids and X-men is better off without marvel disney. THAT IS FACT.
    No, not a fact. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it but the MCU are not "dumbed down" for kids or for anyone else. They have humor, yes, but humor has been a staple of Marvel since the start so it's 100% appropriate to have humor. It would be weird and very un-Marvel if they didn't. These movies are not send-ups or parodies - they have a level of humor that reflects the level of humor that would be found in the comics. What you have to look at is how Marvel has made each film stay true to its source material, outside of the expected adjustments that come with adaptions. But in every case - whether it be Cap, Iron Man, Ant-Man, etc...they're true to the essence of the books and the heart of the characters and it would be the same with the X-Men if Marvel had the rights.

I'm glad that Fox hasn't entirely botched the X-Men (although they've had their low points) but Marvel absolutely would do a better job. There's no question.