Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    That Marvel wont publish.................................
    Mmm...the logic is? Why publish the All New at all then? What makes four middle class white male teens (+Jeen) so special? O5 or bust then? Weird, I like variety in my characters.

Yeah, we are in the end days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Mmm...the logic is? Why publish the All New at all then? What makes four middle class white male teens (+Jeen) so special? O5 or bust then? Weird, I like variety in my characters.

They're Stan Lee originals. I think. It's all I got.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Like i already said, if All New, or Extraordinary, or Uncanny gets cancelled, Dis-Marvel is not going to replace it with other book; they simply going to take it as that people is not interested in the Teen characters, or in the Classical characters, or in the Dark almost-evil characters.

So we're damned if we do....damned if we don't...and those us with a problem should just be quiet?

Sorry I've been around for 21 years, I've pumped enough money into Marvel and the X-men.

What message am I sending if I just buy Worst of the X-men, Deadpool and Cable, anything with Gambit in it and '92? That's classic characters, dark characters, and teen characters.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 04:36 PM.

They are the characters at the origine of the whole franchise? They existed for the longest time and many people read their stories? They were writen by most authors and are not just the pet creation of an author to be replaced by the next one? They sell?

BANNED

I don't find a book that uses genocide and ethnic cleansing as a cheap plot device to drum up hype 'entertaining' or 'fun'. I find it rather distasteful and I rather not see it in the X-franchise.

I was actual being polite by only pointing out the thin writing and not giant elephant in x-backyard.

But don't worry, I get that this book is suppose to be lighthearted superhero romp - lets get a few laughs and gags in between the genocide analogies! All in such good taste. Good stuff indeed!

So yeah, I swear every time I see someone defend this book....HA!

EXM book is awesome.

"To me, my X-men."

They had two years and contributed nothing meaningful to the franchise that warranted them being around this long.
    They contributed by being the best selling X-book.

Really, your comment is pretty absurd: You didn't liked Bendis run, fine. But you seems to believe that other characters could have made him write other kind of stories? It's the author that decide what kind of stories he will write. It's not the characters' fault. (And seriously, you find that other characters really "contributed" to something during the last couple years?)

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    They contributed by being the best selling X-book.

Really, your comment is pretty absurd: You didn't liked Bendis run, fine. But you seems to believe that other characters could have made him write other kind of stories? It's the author that decide what kind of stories he will write. It's not the characters' fault. (And seriously, you find that other characters really "contributed" to something during the last couple years?)
    I'm talking about the writing. Characters aren't alive. When I say contributed, I mean as in contributed as mediums for moving plot and as things to be used to create interesting and new situations to read about.

Btw I'm fine with the adult versions of these characters. THEY are the basis of the franchise, not 5 kids that showed up a few years ago.

Please stop confusing these kids for the other five. Characters are build from experience - it does the adult versions a disservice to attribute their history to characters that had nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 05:10 PM.

I'm talking about the writing. Characters aren't alive. When I say contributed, I mean as in contributed as mediums for moving plot and as things to be used to create interesting and new situations to read about.
    Then you should say that Bendis didn't contributed anything to the franchise. He decided what kind of stories he wanted to tell. It was his choice to have 1 book centered around the characters and about finding their place in the world instead of telling stories with broader scopes that affected the rest of the universe. If that's the kind of book he wanted to write then the cast wouldn't have changed that. (Naturally, some will disagree that the stories were less significant just because they were less world changing)

So we're damned if we do....damned if we don't...and those us with a problem should just be quiet?

Sorry I've been around for 21 years, I've pumped enough money into Marvel and the X-men.

What message am I sending if I just buy Worst of the X-men, Deadpool and Cable, anything with Gambit in it and '92? That's classic characters, dark characters, and teen characters.
    Pretty much yes, we either continue supporting this or we say goodbye until Disney and FOX make a truce.

And the message that you are sending is that you are still interested in the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Then you should say that Bendis didn't contributed anything to the franchise. He decided what kind of stories he wanted to tell. It was his choice to have 1 book centered around the characters and about finding their place in the world instead of telling stories with broader scopes that affected the rest of the universe. If that's the kind of book he wanted to write then the cast wouldn't have changed that. (Naturally, some will disagree that the stories were less significant just because they were less world changing)
    *sigh*

I prefer those stories, they are the basis of the franchise, but that's not what Bendis wrote or what we're getting now. Emotion and careful planning is required to make those moments or issues work. In many ways it's harder than writing a big event story.

Good contained writing is Jean and Scott's wedding, Scott and Cable discussing the events leading up their separation, Bobby facing his fears during ZT, Logan crying over Mariko's grave, Wolvie and the kid with the awful powers in the UU, Storm trapped under a ton of rubble in XX-Men, that surprisingly good mini arc Wood did with the young X-Men.

Claiming that All New just doesn't appeal to some of us on the basis that it's too 'contained' as a book is ludicrous. X-Books were for decades.

Look, we're never gonna agree - this is about Ex-Men after all. And I have yet to hear one person say 'this ia a awesome lead book' (RLAAMJR obviously doesn't count). Most posters seem to think it's mostly 'OK'.

Really guys? At least ask for more. Don't settle. You like the cast? Fine. But then respect the characters enough to demand more be done with them. Don't half heartedly praise the book and then call 'hater' when some of us demand more.

Because a lead book has to draw in NEW readers. New readers usually want more from a book than just 'OK'. They don't have character or franchise loyalty to cling on to. You know what kills a franchise? It's inability to draw in new readers. Hard cores aren't enough to keep us going.

I'll give this book one thing. Nice to have Forge back.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 05:36 PM.

BANNED

Post #43 says it all (on this site at least): http://community.comicbookresources....ight-now/page3

*sigh*

I prefer those stories, they are the basis of the franchise, but that's not what Bendis wrote or what we're getting now. Emotion and careful planning is required to make those moments or issues work. In many ways it's harder than writing a big event story.

Good contained writing is Jean and Scott's wedding, Scott and Cable discussing the events leading up their separation, Bobby facing his fears during ZT, Logan crying over Mariko's grave, Wolvie and the kid with the awful powers in the UU, Storm trapped under a ton of rubble in XX-Men.

Claiming the All New just doesn't appeal to some of us on the basis that it's too 'contained' as a book is ludicrous. X-Books were for decades.

Look, we're never gonna agree - this is about Ex-Men after all. And I have yet to hear one person say 'this ia a awesome lead book' (RLAAMJR obviously doesn't count). Most posters seem to think it's mostly 'OK'.

Really guys? At least ask for more. Don't settle. You like the cast? Fine. But then respect the characters enough to demand more be done with them.
    They wont, because that would requiere that Dis-Marvel put some effort on it; basically what you see is all that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Post #43 says it all (on this site at least): http://community.comicbookresources....ight-now/page3
    Look everyone else has brought completely valid reasoning to support their points.

'It's COOL!' by random guy just doesn't have the same weight.

They wont, because that would requiere that Dis-Marvel put some effort on it; basically what you see is all that there is.
    That might be one of the saddest thing ever said about the state of affairs.

Oh well, at least we have better fan works to appreciate. As Marvel standards crumble the fan community seem to just keep providing better content.

(For any teen O5 fans btw - way better examinations of their situation and place in the world is currently being done by passionate fans - compare those stories to Bendis' run.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 05:54 PM.

BANNED

Truth and more truth. There are reasons why we are getting what we are getting and that has very little to do with the writers writing the stories.