Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Dennis Hopeless

Dennis Hopeless is the next guest for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "All-New X-Men" writer.

Full article here.

BANNED

Mr. Hopeless,

When you wrote Laura in Avengers Arena you made a point of referencing the fact that Laura's brain automatically formulates multiple plans of killing everyone around her the second she steps into a room, and picks the best course of action to accomplish her objective in the most efficient manner while minimizing the risk to herself (unlike Logan, her lack of adamantium bones means she's NOT indestructible). This is on display several times throughout the series, such as ambushing Cammi, and avoiding a direct confrontation with Kid Britain's group; she WOULD have likely killed them, but not without sustaining severe injury herself. Throughout her history she's been portrayed as a very intelligent (Zander Rice described her intellect as "off the charts") and highly and strategic fighter. Where Logan was a battle-axe, Laura is as a scalpel. Even Matthew Risman notes this difference between them. However in All-New X-Men thus far her actions could best be described as reckless. Not that she hasn't been prone to it in the past, but these have always been cases where she's let her emotions get out of control (Mercury Falling, running into one of Zebra Daddy's goons who made the mistake of provoking her over her past as a hooker), and in all other cases she's almost clinical in her use of force. Even under the effects of the trigger scent she's demonstrated she retains her tactical acumen (in Target: X she ignored Megan, who was closest, and attacked the larger threat FIRST, even though both were doused with the scent) rather than entering a truly mindless rage. What has changed?

Hello loved the first couple of issues it seems you write a team book better when they aren't on the verge of Death or put in a hunger games type situation I didn't hate your previous work just think that this is your finest work on a team book that I have read to date.

Here are my questions:

1.) Will you be exploring the relationship between Laura and Warren in this book or will you leave that to Tom Taylor since he's writing her ongoing book?

2.) Who will be your focal point character when the next arc starts since the current one relates to young Cyclops? And since we have heard about Apocalypse Wars what role will Evan have in that event/arc?

3.) Will you be developing the mutant abilites of the of the roster beyond the standard powers we've come to know?

BANNED

Dennis,

Can you explain how Pickles exist? I thought all the Bamfs joined together to form a new body for Nightcrawler when he returned from the dead. Does Nightcrawler have control of Pickles?
    Last edited by Complexed; 01-20-2016 at 01:48 PM.

1.Where is the clueless/mind wiped adult warren at?

2.Are you going to talk about Warrens twins?

3. are their any plans to have someone explain what Cyclops did, it is getting really annoying have everyone mention him doing something bad but not saying what it is. it feels like a bad soap opera when everyone says the same thing but not explain themselves.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Hi Mr. Hopeless. I loved X-Men: Season One.

My question is, with Kid Warren having retained the cosmic power of the Black Vortex, are we going to see him use his new energy wings in any feats of strength like firing energy darts or whatever, or has he forgotten he's now even more of a powerhouse so he's back to catching and punching people and aerial surveillance?
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Hello Mr. Hopeless, I have a few questions:

1) When exactly did Hank become a Time Lord
    2) I was a huge fan of Cable and X-Force and hated to see it end. Was there any unresolved threads or arcs you weren't able to get to when MArvel axed it at 19? Could you expound on where you were taking the book?
    3) So far Evan and Idie have been mostly on the sideline, so it was nice to Idie get in on the action in #3. Is Bobby going to be able to handle the fact that someone not only has something similar to his powers but actually his powers+? It seemed he was already having a bit of an issue with this?
    4) and lastly, with Evan on the team. How involved in the Apocalypse War will the All New X-Men be?

Dear Mr. Hopeless,

First off, you're doing a great job so far on All-New X-men. I like the direction of this book and hope it continues to shine. Here are my questions:

1. In the first arc, there was an interesting moment between Bobby and Hank where Bobby hinted that they had grown distant during the 8-month gap. Is that something that'll be explored moving forward? Is it somehow related to Bobby's recent coming out?

2. With the announcement of Apocalypse Wars, we already know Arcangel is going to be a major player in Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-men. Angel's transformation into Arcangel wasn't touched on much during Brian Michael Bendis' run. Will this be explored in your run at any point?

3. What can you tell us about the kinds of enemies the team will encounter? Have we seen the last of the Ghosts of Cyclops?

4. With that in mind, a lot of the X-men's enemies lately have been other mutants or other superhero teams like the Avengers. There haven't been a lot of human enemies for the X-men to face. Will the All-New team be encountering any human threats or conflicts at any point?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

1. How do Evan's powers differ from Mr. Fantastic?

2. Will our team encounter the terrigen mists at any point?

3. Are the All-New X-Men now indefinitely trapped in this time line? Will we ever see how this might have affected the time line (/universe?) they were taken from?

Amazing Member

Dear Mr. Hopeless

I really like your Avengers Arena story, but I have to ask in this. Will we ever get to see some new mutants appearing? Like Animax? And any plans for Young Cyclops to face villains that have a deep vendetta against Older Scott Summers

Also, please split-up Warren and Laura

Mr. Hopeless, Does Exodus ever make a return? If so,what do you hope to accomplish with the character?

Any chance we'll see any other X-students popping up during the extent of the series? New X-Men? Other WATXM kids? I know a lot of fans - including myself - are really missing the students we haven't seen yet. And with the inclusion of Wolverine/Laura in ANXM, I'm really wishing and hoping to see an inclusion of Hellion! I miss Julian Keller!

Why is Evan being referred to 'Kid Apocalypse'? He's Genesis, right? Seeing him referred to like that makes me sad!

BANNED

Thanks for the amazing first arc! Really surprised me of how heartwarming it was at the end, plus you made cheer for Beast, that's a plus. Anyways, with the questions
    1. Teen Cyclops has been single for quite a while, are you planning to do anything about it?
    2. In the almost forgettable crossover, axis, evan turned into apocalypse, any chance you'll make a follow up to that story?
    3. Maddie in the horizon, to increase the danger factor? And give young cyclops nightmares
    4. Last X position there were a lot of questions about hope summers, and you said that she looks to much like jean grey to include, so why not put her in a mask, change her name and reveal afterwards ?

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    Dennis,

Can you explain how Pickles exist? I thought all the Bamfs joined together to form a new body for Nightcrawler when he returned from the dead. Does Nightcrawler have control of Pickles?
    I can answer the first question for you: only some of the Bamfs merged to give him a new body, as he had a small contingent of them by his side throughout his recent solo book.

Have any of your cast done anything over the 8 month gap besides what we have already seen, and if so, will any of it be relevant to future stories?
    Dark does not mean deep.