Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Looks like a filler issue.
    They've all been filler.

I've spread butter on toast thicker than Ex-Men's actual plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    They've all been filler.

I've spread butter on toast thicker than Ex-Men's actual plot.
    Not really. We actually saw the Marvel editorial speak through Sinister for a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why even bring Kurt into the book if you are just going to write him as broken and scared.
    Apparently there's only room for one light-hearted character in this book, and Iceman's it. Hence we get Nightcrawler the Prophetic Plot Device. Hopefully this will get brushed aside once the whole Apocalypse Wars thing is done with and put in the same bin as his turn as a priest.

Fantastic Member

I'm not having nearly the problem with this book that others have been having, but I am glad this Weirdworld stuff will only go two issues before we get into the Apocalypse Wars stuff. I'm okay with this if as Lemire said early on, there are some good character focused moments and interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Not really. We actually saw the Marvel editorial speak through Sinister for a few moments.
    Good point...maybe it's slightly thicker than jam.

Poor Mr Sinister, I wonder how he sleeps at night? Curled up the the fetal position? I hope he knows we forgive him - it wasn't his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Nope, I'm not reading any X-Men titles at present. First time in 15 years.
    Copy that.

It just seemed odd that someone who had read the previous issues would think Forge was anyone except Forge.

Good point...maybe it's slightly thicker than jam.

Poor Mr Sinister, I wonder how he sleeps at night? Curled up the the fetal position? I hope he knows we forgive him - it wasn't his fault.
    No a fetal position is more what a character looks like after having been written by Bendis for years. Thanks to Gillan he was spared that. Not sure why Kurt's so screwed up, he only had to deal with Bendis writing him for a few issues but I guess the damage was done.

BANNED

The Weirdworld sounds more interesting with the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    OML and the beer was worth a chuckle. Nice Lethal Weapon reference, too.
    Loved that. Was honestly joking about him saying that awhile back on here with someone, and then he goes and does it. Good stuff.

This book is tragic for a lead X-title. Lacklustre plotting and character development. Really, I didn't think things could get any worse after the last two years.

Marvel needs to boot this book to the bottom of the X-pile and give us a new lead title with a more interesting line-up and better focus.
    I swear to God, I've read this exact post about every single X-men title relaunch over the past decade. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But at least the criticism is consistent. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I swear to God, I've read this exact post about every single X-men title relaunch over the past decade. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But at least the criticism is consistent. Ha.
    I don't find a book that uses genocide and ethnic cleansing as a cheap plot device to drum up hype 'entertaining' or 'fun'. I find it rather distasteful and I rather not see it in the X-franchise.

I was actual being polite by only pointing out the thin writing and not giant elephant in x-backyard.

But don't worry, I get that this book is suppose to be lighthearted superhero romp - lets get a few laughs and gags in between the genocide analogies! All in such good taste. Good stuff indeed!

So yeah, I swear every time I see someone defend this book....HA!
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-21-2016 at 09:22 PM.

I love genocide and ethnic cleansing. They are some of my favorite hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love genocide and ethnic cleansing. They are some of my favorite hobbies.
    Wow full marks for snarky reply.

Really you're gonna defend what's going on here? Really? You're totally fine with the message this book sends? No scratchy feeling in the back of your skull that tells you this is a bit wrong? That maybe there was a better, more mature way this sensitive subject matter could've been handled? This is the proper way? Lemire chose the best possible way to address this?

(Keep in mind that Bunn is drawing straight-up WWII comparisions in Uncanny. So there's no defence in saying that this was not the intention of this franchise wide arc.)

If the base subject matter was lighter? Maybe, but this has moved into a very murky area.

Look we both know why you're defending this - it's not worth it. You're usually one of the more sensible posters. OML isn't worth it defending this.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-21-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Wow full marks for snarky reply.

Really you're gonna defend what's going on here? Really? You're totally fine with the message this book sends? No scratchy feeling in the back of your skull that tells you this is a bit wrong? That maybe there was a better, more mature way this sensitive subject matter could've been handled? This is the proper way? Lemire chose the best possible way to address this?

(Keep in mind that Bunn is drawing straight-up WWII comparisions in Uncanny. So there's no defence in saying that this was not the intention of this franchise wide arc.)

If the base subject matter was lighter? Maybe, but this has moved into a very murky area.

Look we both know why you're defending this - it's not worth it. You're usually one of the more sensible posters. OML isn't worth it defending this.
    Well, Storm would look like a total hypocrite if she acted like Magneto.

BANNED

Ramos is way more exciting. This is a downer buzz.