Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    If you like Ex-Men, you really need to stop complaining about Marvel's treatment of the X-Men. This book is basically the a love letter to bad Marvel editorial ideas and the Inhumans.

It's the idea behind the book you're supporting, I don't think buying a copy of ''Worst X-Men Ever" sends the same message to Marvel.

This is why Marvel says the fanbase can't make up it's minds...*sigh*

But don't worry...it's been five seconds, Storm's due another melodramatic speech about 'survival/mutants/Inhumans/blah/blah, and that'll make everyone feel better.
    Well, Dis-Marvel is only getting two kinds of messages these days no mattering where the sales are coming from:

- Good sales: People are still interested in the X-men.
    - Bad sales: People are not interested in the X-men, lets cancel them.

Besides that im really sure that if, let's say, ANXM is cancelled, is not going to be replaced with a Gen X book, or with anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I find all of the X-team books to be lackluster right now. EXM has the cast I'm most interested in, but it's pretty "meh" to me. And the art doesn't help. Speaking of bad art, UXM to me has the worst artist in Land. His traced stuff just does nothing for me. At least Ramos has some style, though his panels are very hit or miss. And the writing on UXM is...okay. Enough to keep me following, but nothing riveting IMO. All New X-men is probably the best written as far as I'm concerned, but has the cast that by far I'm least interested in. In my mind it's high past time for the time-displaced 05 to find their way back home.

So why am I buying them all? As someone else said, this is all we're gonna get. If sales drop way off then I truly believe Marvel will send the X-men team books the way of the Fantastic Four comic series. Plus it's not much money. We're talking about like $10-15 per month.

But I'm not reading anything else besides OML, All New Wolverine and Uncanny Avengers (my guilty pleasure book because it has Deadpool and Cable, plus Rogue; and unfortunately this so-called Avengers book is my favorite book of the ANAD Marvel line now). So I'm voting with my wallet and only supporting the X-stuff, as lackluster as it may be.

Like I said before, though, it's not like this is a new thing. The X-men book have been lackluster pretty much on and off since Morrison's run. Maybe Whedon's, though I went back and read that run and liked it far less the second time around. Sure, there have been bright spots. Loved the Mike Carey X-men run, the Kyle/Yost X-Force and Remender Uncanny X-Force runs, Gillen's X-Tinction team run was pretty good...plus the crossovers like Messiah War and Second Coming. But from AvX onwards the X-books haven't done a whole lot for me unfortunately. But I stick with them. A glutton for punishment perhaps, but IMO it's better than having them shelved completely like the FF.

A sad state of affairs indeed...but it's not like the rest of the ANAD Marvel line is any less lackluster IMO. So I'm not really missing anything there.
    I agree mostly with you are saying but you are wrong in one regard and you are certainly missing out. The Ultimates is without a doubt the best team book out there right now and and certainly blows all the X-team books out of the water.
    You don't even have to be a fan or these characters. I honestly haven't read a book a with any of these characters before and I didn't even knew Blue Marvel before but even I can't deny how good that book is. Also funny how it managed to do more in 2 issues than EXM did in 5 but that is already a well known criticism of the book so whatever.
    "This is me being reasonable"

All New X-men is probably the best written as far as I'm concerned, but has the cast that by far I'm least interested in. In my mind it's high past time for the time-displaced 05 to find their way back home.
    You mean the O4 + X23 + Evan + Oya + Pickles? So no more than half the cast of the book really?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I agree mostly with you are saying but you are wrong in one regard and you are certainly missing out. The Ultimates is without a doubt the best team book out there right now and and certainly blows all the X-team books out of the water.
    You don't even have to be a fan or these characters. I honestly haven't read a book a with any of these characters before and I didn't even knew Blue Marvel before but even I can't deny how good that book is. Also funny how it managed to do more in 2 issues than EXM did in 5 but that is already a well known criticism of the book so whatever.
    Arent they the Space Avengers team that is fighting Galactus, among other things ?.

Anyways, you know, unlike movies and videogames, im only interested in reading books about characters that i care about.

Sure but if I have to read a comic about characters I don't know at all, why should it be a Marvel's one? In fact, I only read because of the characters else I wouldn't read comics at all as much prefer reading regular books (you know, stuff by "real writer" that had to sell their book to "real editor" to be published )

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You mean the O4 + X23 + Evan + Oya + Pickles? So no more than half the cast of the book really?
    Yeah. Still the cast I personally care for the least.

If I'm going to read a book with a bunch of characters that I have no connection to and don't care anything about at this age, it probably won't be a Marvel one. Outside of the X-men funny books I basically read Walking Dead and that's it. The rest of my reading material is real books. Without pictures. Guess I'm just too old to take on another superhero franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Arent they the Space Avengers team that is fighting Galactus, among other things ?.
    Actually they have already "defeated" him hence my comment on how the team gets more stuff done in less issues then EXM. They are already tackling the next problem. One that funnily enough references what happened in the X-line

Anyways, you know, unlike movies and videogames, im only interested in reading books about characters that i care about.
    A fair sentiment. I was just like you before ANAD but the relaunch was the perfect point to spread my wings and try new stuff out. Stuff that I wouldn't have bought before and it's fun when you discover and read actual quality work instead of putting the blinders on and pretending and hoping for the best. I mean being entertained is the reason I read comics but your mileage may vary. It's also fun to talk with people who love the stuff too and have discussions about what happens next or about hidden details or whatever else. You should try it too, it's fun. Unless you like being miserable of course then I guess that's fine too. My favorite character was an emo for a long time after all.

Sure but if I have to read a comic about characters I don't know at all, why should it be a Marvel's one? In fact, I only read because of the characters else I wouldn't read comics at all as much prefer reading regular books (you know, stuff by "real writer" that had to sell their book to "real editor" to be published )
    I hate regular books. They are just boring. Im only entertained by visual mediums. Videogames, movies, comics, etc.
    I watched all the Harry Potter movies and found them very good but I couldn't even finish reading the actual books no matter how good they are.

Yeah. Still the cast I personally care for the least.
    Sure... just saying that people who complain that this book cast is the "05" or that "they want a book with some of the young mutants" are really meaning that they want a book with their choice of young mutants. Because ANXM is hardly the O5 book anymore.

Actually they have already "defeated" him hence my comment on how the team gets more stuff done in less issues then EXM. They are already tackling the next problem. One that funnily enough references what happened in the X-line

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/0...1453495372.jpg
    I was actually pleasantly surprised that they brought up the plot point that time is broken in the Ultimates. You'd think given Marvel's track record of laziness that they'd have used Secret Wars as a way to sweep that under the rug and never mention it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I was actually pleasantly surprised that they brought up the plot point that time is broken in the Ultimates. You'd think given Marvel's track record of laziness that they'd have used Secret Wars as a way to sweep that under the rug and never mention it again.
    In Ewing, we trust.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

A fair sentiment. I was just like you before ANAD but the relaunch was the perfect point to spread my wings and try new stuff out. Stuff that I wouldn't have bought before and it's fun when you discover and read actual quality work instead of putting the blinders on and pretending and hoping for the best. I mean being entertained is the reason I read comics but your mileage may vary. It's also fun to talk with people who love the stuff too and have discussions about what happens next or about hidden details or whatever else. You should try it too, it's fun. Unless you like being miserable of course then I guess that's fine too. My favorite character was an emo for a long time after all.

I hate regular books. They are just boring. Im only entertained by visual mediums. Videogames, movies, comics, etc.
    I watched all the Harry Potter movies and found them very good but I couldn't even finish reading the actual books no matter how good they are.
    Well, for entertained purposes, i have netflix, smart tv and videogames. But im not rich, so if im not interested in the characters, i dont pick it up, that's how i ended up dropping the DC's New 52.

And that's why i read Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl, it's nice to take a break from the gloom and doom.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    In Ewing, we trust.

Well, for entertained purposes, i have netflix, smart tv and videogames. But im not rich, so if im not interested in the characters, i dont pick it up, that's how i ended up dropping the DC's New 52.

And that's why i read Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl, it's nice to take a break from the gloom and doom.
    Well stuff like Squirrel Girl and Patsy Walker aka Hellcat just go to far into the other direction for me. I do like having a bit of a middle-ground and balance seriousness and fun. Kinda like the MCU movies just to reference the other thread on here.
    I should give Ms Marvel a try though now that I think about it. Maybe this weekend I will see for myself what Marvels breakout star has to offer.

Sure... just saying that people who complain that this book cast is the "05" or that "they want a book with some of the young mutants" are really meaning that they want a book with their choice of young mutants. Because ANXM is hardly the O5 book anymore.
    When I said the O5, I meant just the O5. Oh, the others can stay. They at least aren't doubles of characters we already have - they have space to grow and can be incorporated into the new teen title.

The O5 was a cheap attempt to get an instant fanbase for a bunch of "new" teen characters without having to actual create something original. Bendis is a smart man - no need to think up new personalities, powers or relationships, someone years before already did the hard work. Instant sales - half the work.

They had two years and contributed nothing meaningful to the franchise that warranted them being around this long.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-22-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    When I said the O5, I meant just the O5.

Oh, the others can stay. They at least aren't doubles of characters we already have - they have space to grow and can be incorporated into a new teen title.
    That Marvel wont publish.................................