Page 231 of 277 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The Fates have just been underdeveloped. But for villains only introduced this season, whereas the Legion had all appeared in other series before, I like them. And I especially like this episode where it seems Charlie is taking a villainous turn. She believed she was actually helping the Legends, without understanding that they don’t want to live in realities with all of their dreams realized, simply because it’s not realistic. And it’s difficult for Charlie, as a goddess, to be able to fully comprehend that. I thought it was very compelling. The other fates aren’t very interesting to me.
    I think Charlie was left in an undesirable position of needing a way to keep the team alive and safe with her sisters in charge, so she went with the only thing she could think of.

(Although once all this is done, is there anything left to do with Charlie? I dunno).
    To me the Legion appears in both season 2 and 3, and I thought they were more of an opposing force in season 3. It’s fun to see three dudes take on the Legends but to me it made them feel like less of a threat. Eobard seemed like the true powerhouse in that team and what made it interesting for me was how the other two members didn’t trust him. It would have been cool if Snart had joined the team much earlier and if they had a female villain on the team
    I guess Mallus' group was kind of a Legion of Doom...they had a Green Arrow villain, a Flash villain, a Vixen villain, and a spoiler in Nora.

I remember people were speculating Thawne would bring Black Siren onto the Legion and Sara would have to deal with her.

BANNED

I don't know if anyone has seen the plot details for season 6, but I wanted to share, because it reveals who's staying.

Doesn't spoil what happens in the finale, but regardless, spoilers ahead:

spoilers:
    "Having spent last season trying to track down the Loom of Fate in order to bring back their slain comrades, the Legends must now save history from a foe like none they’ve encountered in the past or future.

"Co-captains of the time-ship Waverider Sara Lance and Ava Sharpe have dealt with monsters, time anomalies, and most recently, villains from Hell, but this season they will face something even more challenging and bizarre… space aliens!

"After one of their own is abducted by a ruthless alien, this new mission becomes personal. It will take more than the combined powers of a dark magician, John Constantine; a semi-reformed arsonist, Mick Rory; historian who transforms into steel, Nate Heywood; and a brother-sister wind-totem-wielding duo, Zara Tarazi and Behrad Tarazi to save the world for a sixth time.

"They must recruit a new Legend, a woman who was abducted by aliens when she was a child and supposedly imbued with powers that will help the team defeat their intergalactic foes. Either that or she's just crazy…"

Gary, Astra, and Charlie aren't mentioned. we can assume that one of them is the team member that is abducted by aliens. It also reveals that Behrad and Zari will share the totem.

Constantine fighting aliens? Hell yes.
    end of spoilers

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...acters-return/

Overall pretty excited for this, because it's going into territory I wanted to see this show get into ages ago.

I don't know if anyone has seen the plot details for season 6, but I wanted to share, because it reveals who's staying.

Doesn't spoil what happens in the finale, but regardless, spoilers ahead:

spoilers:
    "Having spent last season trying to track down the Loom of Fate in order to bring back their slain comrades, the Legends must now save history from a foe like none they’ve encountered in the past or future.

"Co-captains of the time-ship Waverider Sara Lance and Ava Sharpe have dealt with monsters, time anomalies, and most recently, villains from Hell, but this season they will face something even more challenging and bizarre… space aliens!

"After one of their own is abducted by a ruthless alien, this new mission becomes personal. It will take more than the combined powers of a dark magician, John Constantine; a semi-reformed arsonist, Mick Rory; historian who transforms into steel, Nate Heywood; and a brother-sister wind-totem-wielding duo, Zara Tarazi and Behrad Tarazi to save the world for a sixth time.

"They must recruit a new Legend, a woman who was abducted by aliens when she was a child and supposedly imbued with powers that will help the team defeat their intergalactic foes. Either that or she's just crazy…"

Gary, Astra, and Charlie aren't mentioned. we can assume that one of them is the team member that is abducted by aliens. It also reveals that Behrad and Zari will share the totem.

Constantine fighting aliens? Hell yes.
    end of spoilers

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...acters-return/

Overall pretty excited for this, because it's going into territory I wanted to see this show get into ages ago.
    spoilers:
    Aliens? Well, I guess it's different from magic but kind of negates the time travel angle. Will they finally be addressing the Thanagarian invasion? Doesn't seem like something the show would deal with. Feels like it should involve the Supers to some degree, but probably won't.

Could also lead to appearances from a lot of DC comic aliens...but might not.

I hope the woman is from the comics but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Charlie's story is done and there isn't much of a point to Astra beyond this season, but that's just my take.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Aliens? Well, I guess it's different from magic but kind of negates the time travel angle. Will they finally be addressing the Thanagarian invasion? Doesn't seem like something the show would deal with. Feels like it should involve the Supers to some degree, but probably won't.

Could also lead to appearances from a lot of DC comic aliens...but might not.

I hope the woman is from the comics but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Charlie's story is done and there isn't much of a point to Astra beyond this season, but that's just my take.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    well with Astra it seems like they were setting something up between her and Behrad..

Charlie might be a valuable hostage for an alien race
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    well with Astra it seems like they were setting something up between her and Behrad..

Charlie might be a valuable hostage for an alien race
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but they already set something up with Behrad and Charlie.

Could be...and they'll find any excuse to keep Maisie Richardson-Sellers around .
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Wow- that's just... weird. I'd love to know what the plan was to do that- would she still be a vigilante on the run from the League just calling herself Ravager, or would Slade have found her after the Amazo sunk and made her into Ravager? Like he finds her floating, gives her a blood transfusion to give her the Mirakuru, then brainwashes her to make her loyal to him. Could have been interesting.
    I would guess she would have already worked with Slade and got her training from him. And the Mirakuru would have been added later to make the reveal of her real alliance more troubeling.

That was just an amazing episode.

It's like the series tries to outdo itself with every week.

So...Friends, Downton Abbey, and Star Trek? I was wondering what role Mick would play, and all of a sudden he is a Khan knock-off. That was great!

Also, great use of Mona and Gary. They really showed how terrifying a Fates-controlled world is. Is it weird that I want to try all different colors of mush?

I didn't see Zari being split in two coming. But there's only one air totem and three possible wielders, so I wonder what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While Smallville went full DC in it's later seasons with the Green Arrow, JSA (Notably Hawkman, Dr. Fate, and Stargirl), Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Wonder Twins, Cyborg, Impulse, Aquaman, Mera, Zatanna, Black Canary, Superboy, Supergirl, Legion of Super-Heroes (Notably Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad), Speedy (Mia Dearden), Rick Flag, Suicide Squad, Amanda Waller, Maxwell Lord, and even some of the Apokolips New Gods.
    Speedy was on Smallville? I don't remember that...did she play a large role?

The Fates have just been underdeveloped. But for villains only introduced this season, whereas the Legion had all appeared in other series before, I like them. And I especially like this episode where it seems Charlie is taking a villainous turn. She believed she was actually helping the Legends, without understanding that they don’t want to live in realities with all of their dreams realized, simply because it’s not realistic. And it’s difficult for Charlie, as a goddess, to be able to fully comprehend that. I thought it was very compelling. The other fates aren’t very interesting to me.

To me the Legion appears in both season 2 and 3, and I thought they were more of an opposing force in season 3. It’s fun to see three dudes take on the Legends but to me it made them feel like less of a threat. Eobard seemed like the true powerhouse in that team and what made it interesting for me was how the other two members didn’t trust him. It would have been cool if Snart had joined the team much earlier and if they had a female villain on the team
    I think Snart joining and then Mick and his questioning loyalties was what made the Legion of Doom the best Big Bads this show has had so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Speedy was on Smallville? I don't remember that...did she play a large role?
    yes it was the Mia Dearden version. she appears in a couple episodes in season 9. it was actually a very faithful adaptation of her origin.

Her face on the second screenshot totally made me think of Felicity.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So...Friends, Downton Abbey, and Star Trek? I was wondering what role Mick would play, and all of a sudden he is a Khan knock-off. That was great!
    I almost wanted to see Mick doing "Father knows best". Course I also thought Constantine's show should have been the Addams Family (For the spooky house), but Downtown abbey makes more sense for the narrative.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Ray and Nora would have been fun in a Bewitched setting or something soap opera-esque, and Damien could have been the Endora figure.

Given how heartfelt they made the Trapped in TV Land premise, I’d like to see how the writers and actors do in an episode based around soap opera or tween sitcoms (like Disney Channel and Nickelodeon produce). The actors have proven very versatile with the material they can do justice to, and seeing them in a soap opera setting of heightened emotions, or their roles and personalities translated into a high school setting has lots of potential. In the latter Gideon could be realised as the voice over the PA, doing announcements.

It was so funny how after Gary found the Ultimate Buds swag bag he and Mona were wearing Ultimate Buds t-shirts over their uniforms. I want to know what else was in that swag bag.

It was sweet how Constantine was willing to play the servant forever if it meant making up for what he did to Astra as a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It was sweet how Constantine was willing to play the servant forever if it meant making up for what he did to Astra as a girl.
    I'm actually kind of surprised he was able to play the role well even after getting his memories back. Considering the Romeo and Juliet play a while back, maybe he had some acting training (well, he is a conman)...

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Ray and Nora would have been fun in a Bewitched setting or something soap opera-esque, and Damien could have been the Endora figure.
    I saw a lot of people speculating where they would've ended up in the comments for the AV Club write up of this episode. I was the first person there to suggest Bewitched. Although having them as a husband and wife crime solving team like Hart to Hart would've worked too.

It was so funny how after Gary found the Ultimate Buds swag bag he and Mona were wearing Ultimate Buds t-shirts over their uniforms. I want to know what else was in that swag bag.
    I especially loved that because it's so nonsensical that a world in which everyone we see is forced to wear the same bland clothing that there would even be swag for such a show.