Page 229 of 277 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4155

Well there's also that Felicity's actress is just plain better than Laurel's actress. I enjoyed Felicity, even if she did eventually become annoying around season five. Laurel never had an ounce of charisma imo.

Yeah, Laurel and Oliver never worked as a couple on-screen.

Sara and Oliver, that might've worked, but Laurel, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well there's also that Felicity's actress is just plain better than Laurel's actress. I enjoyed Felicity, even if she did eventually become annoying around season five. Laurel never had an ounce of charisma imo.
    I'm not trying to knock Emily Bett Rickards, she was great as Felicity, but I think she struggled with the more dramatic moments and scenes her character was going through later in the series.

I think Earth-2 Laurel is proof Katie Cassidy just needed stronger material to work with then what they were giving her before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, Laurel and Oliver never worked as a couple on-screen.

Sara and Oliver, that might've worked, but Laurel, nope.
    Sara was the closest the show came to the traditional Black Canary in more ways then one. It was also a sign of the long, drawn out, and convoluted take on Black Canary the show would end up developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Felicity drank all the 'female lead / Oliver's love interest' milkshake, and left Laurel with not much to do. There's a juggling act that could have been done where both Felicity *and* Laurel could have been differently competent and compelling characters sort of sharing the spotlight in Oliver's life, and not one obviously more interesting and capable and the other more of an obstacle or damsel-in-distress, but it would have required better writing, I think.
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that Diggle had a larger part in reducing Laurel's role. I can't picture the show without him, but imagine if Laurel became Black Canary and was the first vigilante to join Oliver in the field. Even without a romance, Black Canary would've become an essential part of Team Arrow and have built up a strong trust and bond with Oliver that the show would lean on throughout its entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sara was the closest the show came to the traditional Black Canary in more ways then one. It was also a sign of the long, drawn out, and convoluted take on Black Canary the show would end up developing.
    That makes me wonder...if they torpedoed Olicity for good after their failed engagement and had Dinah come in as Oliver's next and final love interest (even playing up Vigilante as her ex and giving Dinah issues about entering another relationship), would fans see her as the Black Canary we always wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that Diggle had a larger part in reducing Laurel's role. I can't picture the show without him, but imagine if Laurel became Black Canary and was the first vigilante to join Oliver in the field. Even without a romance, Black Canary would've become an essential part of Team Arrow and have built up a strong trust and bond with Oliver that the show would lean on throughout its entire run.
    Now I'm imagining Diggle as Oliver's love interest .
    That makes me wonder...if they torpedoed Olicity for good after their failed engagement and had Dinah come in as Oliver's next and final love interest (even playing up Vigilante as her ex and giving Dinah issues about entering another relationship), would fans see her as the Black Canary we always wanted?
    Honestly, at the time, when they first introduced Dinah that's what a lot of people seemed to be expecting. It was before they went back to Olicity again too.

BANNED

Part of the problem was always I think, that the higher-ups on Arrow were always a little too eager to kill off females, that could be perceived as threat to Oliver and Felicity I think?. I mean Sara was meant to get evil and killed in the second season, but died in the first episode of the third. If she did not get moved to Legends I wonder how often they would have tried that stunt with her.

And Laurels was even worse: Killed off and her last words were about Oliver and Felicity being true love. Only to come back as the bad Earth-2 Version.

Did Felicity ever have a boyfriend other than Oliver?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Did Felicity ever have a boyfriend other than Oliver?
    Ray Palmer! And that poor cop who got killed... and that guy when she was a hacker.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-26-2020 at 06:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ray Palmer! And that poor cop who got killed... and that guy when she was a hacker.
    Totally forgot Ray. So at least one survived^^

And Laurels was even worse: Killed off and her last words were about Oliver and Felicity being true love. Only to come back as the bad Earth-2 Version.
    It gets worse because she said that after she had confessed she never stopped loving him.

Part of the problem was always I think, that the higher-ups on Arrow were always a little too eager to kill off females, that could be perceived as threat to Oliver and Felicity I think?. I mean Sara was meant to get evil and killed in the second season, but died in the first episode of the third. If she did not get moved to Legends I wonder how often they would have tried that stunt with her.
    Wait, WHAT?! I've never heard that before. What, was Sara going to join Slade?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or still be loyal to the League of Assassins?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah that seems a little weird and out-of-place for what was going on in season 2. In season 3, they were setting up Sara possibly going evil and killing everyone, and Constantine told Ray to keep an eye on her. Aside from that I am not aware of any plans for a villain Sara

This is brilliant.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Sara does a great Captain Kirk impression.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Sara does a great Captain Kirk impression.
    And Rory as Dahn!! With the hair.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!