Page 112 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4155
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    You have to understand, this show is intentionally goofy. The reason Sara and Ray were working dead end jobs was because that's hilarious. The point of the show is to be nonsensical, over-the-top and funny. Last season they fully embraced that but there was a good divide between the goofiness and drama. This season they're fully embracing the goofiness before introducing their big bad.

And I'd argue that it makes sense for Sara to be stuck in the service sector after being pronounced dead twice. With Ray, he was also pronounced dead at one point and his company was run into the ground. Perhaps they didn't want to rely on other people for their own success.

The show made it clear that they're in it because they miss it. They miss saving the world and protecting time. They don't have any sworn duty to be heroes they just enjoy it. That's what makes the show so good; there's no drama or anything getting in the way of the heroes being heroes. They don't have any reason other than they love the fun of it all. That's why the show is fun and why they embrace the charm and goofiness.
    I understand goofy. Charm, goofiness and cheese is why I enjoy Gotham. With this show the goofiness is to make the characters as stupid as possible.

It doesn't make sense for Sara to be working at Bed Bath and Beyond. She has the hook up at city hall, and she helped the US government fight off an alien invasion. It wouldn't be difficult for her to get a pardon if the deaths were an issue. Even if it was Felicity could whip up a new identity in her sleep. Why couldn't Ray go to Star Labs or Mercury Labs? Those places are within his field. Barry owns Star and knows Ray so that should have been a no-brainer. I have it hard to believe they don't want to rely on other people when they are apart of a team.

They don't need time hopping to be heroes. Citizen Steel is the only one shown to be doing any hero work during his downtime and his main grievance is being overshadowed by Wally. It would be more fun if crew were likable in their motives which they are not.

I thought this the other day I seen a post some where and just checked it out now. Caity Lotz (Sara/White Canary) posted a picture on twitter of her, Danielle (Caitlin/Killer Frost) and Robbie Amel (Ronnie Raymond) so maybe he is already getting worked into it? Or maybe he is playing another evil version of Firststorm for the Earth X crossover thing. I think Ronnie would be great. While not as smart as Stein, he is still plenty smart and could probably be better at helping Jax with the ship. The thing is whose body takes over for firestorm? Is it Jax or is it Robbie or do they switch off every now and then?

As for the premiere it was fun, but it was annoying. Firstly right off the bat Sara and Ray's normal lives were moronic. Sara had many outlets as already spoken about she is tight with team Arrow so she could have easily joined in with them, and could have left them because she wasn't in charge anymore or something. Or hell her ex lover is the leader of the league of assassins now she could have easily gone to that with her finding out she doesn't fit in anymore with it.

As for Ray, he has many avenues but I was pretty sure that Ray was presumed dead on Arrow and had felicity keep it that way because for what ever reason. Even so how he was just some guy working at a dating app site was stupid. As others have said he could have gone to star Labs and could have been a big help in team flash's arsenal. Working tech along with cisco, fighting as the atom, and still keeping his low key way while using Star resources to try and help to better the world.

Nate his was the only one that was half way decent, but it would have made more sense if the episode was before the flash. Or maybe have the flash episode at least acknowledge it a bit. Have Nate be with team flash when he gets a call from the legends or something.

Rory was the only one that made sense as he was planning that from the finale.

I also hate how the legends fucked everything up even when they went to fix it. It would have been smarter if it was the TB who fucked up with Ceaser and The Legends had to save their asses which is why Rip would let them keep the ship. I also don't like Rip's character that much already. What happened with the love he had for the ships AI? He loved it so much that he now has it turned off and the ship being a simulator. It also makes little sense that they are using a ship as a simulator when their means of going to the past is just opening a portal with their fit bit looking watches.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I understand goofy. Charm, goofiness and cheese is why I enjoy Gotham. With this show the goofiness is to make the characters as stupid as possible.

It doesn't make sense for Sara to be working at Bed Bath and Beyond. She has the hook up at city hall, and she helped the US government fight off an alien invasion. It wouldn't be difficult for her to get a pardon if the deaths were an issue. Even if it was Felicity could whip up a new identity in her sleep. Why couldn't Ray go to Star Labs or Mercury Labs? Those places are within his field. Barry owns Star and knows Ray so that should have been a no-brainer. I have it hard to believe they don't want to rely on other people when they are apart of a team.

They don't need time hopping to be heroes. Citizen Steel is the only one shown to be doing any hero work during his downtime and his main grievance is being overshadowed by Wally. It would be more fun if crew were likable in their motives which they are not.
    Sara is pretty hardheaded though. Maybe Oliver offered to help and she told him no. That would fit in with her character. I could see Sara saying she didn't need anyones help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Sara is pretty hardheaded though. Maybe Oliver offered to help and she told him no. That would fit in with her character. I could see Sara saying she didn't need anyones help.
    I would find this out of character with Sara's character development within the show. How can she possibility be an effective captain if she turns down help? She turned to Cesaer for leadership advice. I don't think she'll turn down aid from her family if it could truly help her.

BANNED

I would find this out of character with Sara's character development within the show. How can she possibility be an effective captain if she turns down help? She turned to Cesaer for leadership advice. I don't think she'll turn down aid from her family if it could truly help her.
    to be fair, if you had the opportunity to pick the brain of Julius Caesar....

I know I would

a sight better than Oliver Queen or Quentin Lance

Thought it was interesting that they had Hiro Kanagawa play one of Rip's agents in the episode, given that he also played Oliver's doctor at least a couple of times on Arrow. (Though personally, I know him most from voicing Reed Richards in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes. That show was so underrated.)

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I like that guy

also I like the Time Bureau, Rip was never fond of the Time Masters or Council or whatever

and a stuffy, bureaucratic agency seems like something he'd come up with

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I like that guy

also I like the Time Bureau, Rip was never fond of the Time Masters or Council or whatever

and a stuffy, bureaucratic agency seems like something he'd come up with
    In all honesty, they would've done a much better job than the Legends. Yeah, the Caesar thing was a mistake, but the Legends made an even bigger mistake with their carelessness.

Time Buereau makes the Legends completely irrelevant. Having metahumans is the only real edge the Legends have over them.

Time Buereau makes the Legends completely irrelevant. Having metahumans is the only real edge the Legends have over them.
    Future technology also kind of equalizes the metahumans they have as well. It's not like Firestorm was the most powerful metahuman in the Arrowverse.

Sara said being a vigilante doesn't pay bills or something to that effect, so I'm assuming she was still fighting crime on-top of her job, though otherwise it seemed like Nate was the only one doing any major Superheroing in the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Thought it was interesting that they had Hiro Kanagawa play one of Rip's agents in the episode, given that he also played Oliver's doctor at least a couple of times on Arrow. (Though personally, I know him most from voicing Reed Richards in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes. That show was so underrated.)

Whoa! Did not know that. I can hear the resemblance now .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sara said being a vigilante doesn't pay bills or something to that effect, so I'm assuming she was still fighting crime on-top of her job, though otherwise it seemed like Nate was the only one doing any major Superheroing in the present.
    That's hilarious. Ollie managed to keep his operation going after losing his company and fortune in season 3.

Not to surprising CW has a knack for doing that as well as using the same actors on different shows. I know you could go down a list of actors who have played multiple roles of different seasons on shows like supernatural. Or just in genear you look up Hiro's list and he has been on a couple different CW shows, Supernatural, IZombie. Though they can at least say that he is possibly a very distant relative of the character from Arrow if they really needed to address them looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    Not to surprising CW has a knack for doing that as well as using the same actors on different shows. I know you could go down a list of actors who have played multiple roles of different seasons on shows like supernatural. Or just in genear you look up Hiro's list and he has been on a couple different CW shows, Supernatural, IZombie. Though they can at least say that he is possibly a very distant relative of the character from Arrow if they really needed to address them looking like that.
    Yeah. And actors in Vancouver tend to float around a lot of CW projects that film there and I've seen some who double as voice actors appear in quite a few of them. For instance, the actress who voiced Jean Grey in X-Men: Evolution (Venus Terzo) played the other doctor in Arrow and was also a witch in Supernatural.

Retired

Yeah. And actors in Vancouver tend to float around a lot of CW projects that film there and I've seen some who double as voice actors appear in quite a few of them. For instance, the actress who voiced Jean Grey in X-Men: Evolution (Venus Terzo) played the other doctor in Arrow and was also a witch in Supernatural.
    Come to Vancouver and get a job in the film industry! The 2016-2017 fiscal year set a record for BC (Vancouver is in the province of British Columbia). $2.6 billion was spent in the province by the film industry.