Page 259 of 277 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like that through story Riv.
    Thanks, Kirby101!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    True love wins the day. That was the ultimate mcguffin for the episode. True Love is a wave of energy that destroys the evil aliens...sure, why not.
    I'm no sure how that qualifies as a McGuffin, but yeah, that was some lazy-ass writing. The writers don't really care about the bad guy part of the plot. It's just stuff that happens to push the characters along their personal journeys. I know the final fight is frequently perfunctory, because all the characters usually resolve their personal journeys right before, but they really emphasize that on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm no sure how that qualifies as a McGuffin, but yeah, that was some lazy-ass writing. The writers don't really care about the bad guy part of the plot. It's just stuff that happens to push the characters along their personal journeys. I know the final fight is frequently perfunctory, because all the characters usually resolve their personal journeys right before, but they really emphasize that on this show.
    This really isn't a Superhero show anymore, so we probably shouldn't really expect them to adhere that much to those conventions at this point.

Weakest season since the first. Evil Constantine should've been the real big bad, Bishop is just hard to watch.

I blame COVID

Okay, so that was Bishop's backstory. Not exactly what I was expecting, but it was okay. I liked seeing his old self and Ava.

I enjoyed the powers-swapping fight, that wasn't really something we had seen before.

John Constantine wasn't exactly Gandalf here, but it really did feel like his relationship with Zari had run its course. Also...so long, Mick! He and Sara had a nice moment there at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I can't blame them for wanting to just get married now before the world ends, although it would've been nice to have a proper wedding with guest stars be it family or the old team members even if that would've been difficult with how this show handles itself and COVID. Maybe they're saving that for the 100th episode.

That was probably the best Arrowverse wedding, although in the back of my mind I kept imagining Nyssa having this irksome feeling in the back of her head the whole ceremony and not knowing why.
    It made sense for them to want to get married then and there, but this proves that Barry and Iris aren't bad luck. It's disappointing we didn't get a single guest star (I was hoping for at least either Quentin or Jax if Ray was too much to hope for), but that would've been funny about Nyssa. Maybe she'll pop up next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who would have thought that Heat Wave would start out a Flash Rogue, jump on a time ship, become a Time Bureau agent, father a daughter he never knew about, shack up with a hot alien woman, and father a bunch of babies he ends up planning to take responsibility for as a parent? I wish we had gotten to see him say goodbye to the team.
    He also became Chronos. Mick was such a fun character to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    My head canon on the matter is, showing him his future like that, then telling him he had to see it through when he obviously didn’t want to, messed him up on a subconscious level.

It’s why he wound up as such a cartoony, over the top person. Deep inside something was telling him if he had no choice he may as well enjoy the ride.

It’s also why he fixated on Sarah Lance as his “Eve”. She was the one who took away his choice to not become evil. Because let’s face it, there were a lot less Machiavellian ways he could have acquired a test subject than the way he went about it.

This being a time travel story it’s always along the lines of a snake eating it’s own tail. One thing leads to another that leads to before the first thing and on and on.

Like I said though, it’s just how interpret the story.
    He was a guy named Bishop who ended up a pawn.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

Details escape me, but are we supposed to think Mick left to focus on his brood, and that's why he stopped contacting his daughter? That seems messed up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

How long do we really think they will be stuck in 1925?
    Three episodes?

This show....do I even wanna anymore??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Three episodes?

Yes, you do. That is if you accept this show as a wacky screwball comedy it is and not the regular angst filled heroes that the other CW shows are about.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yes, you do. That is if you accept this show as a wacky screwball comedy it is and not the regular angst filled heroes that the other CW shows are about.
    I don't even need angst, I just wish this actually felt like a Superhero show mining the source material and not just crazy antics.

Like they mention the powers in the trailer but they feel so superflous to the show at times.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Three episodes?

As much as I love Caity Lotz and I loooooooooooooooooove Caity Lotz, dying to meet her at a con....

I had to pull the ripcord on this show as this season broke me. Hell the last couple were straining me, but this one did it.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I accept that is what it has become. That is not what it started off as and that is the bummer aspect.

It is one thing to start off as something like The Tick but to end up that way when starting much more serious(for several seasons even) it is frustrating.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I accept that is what it has become. That is not what it started off as and that is the bummer aspect.

It is one thing to start off as something like The Tick but to end up that way when starting much more serious(for several seasons even) it is frustrating.
    I don't need season one seriousness (although I was fine with that season) give me season 2/3 tone and power use and such and I am golden.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

^^^^
    I easily concur. Selfishly though I do like the Hawks. Something of a Hawkman/Hawkwoman fan but also a Firestorm fan. I guess having my cake and eating it to were not meant to be this time around!!

While I have found The Flash and Supergirl are past their due date, and i gave up on Batwoman in season 2, I thoroughly enjoy this show for the zany romp it is. YMMV
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!