Page 11 of 277 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Yeah, the Savage as a threat thing is hard to swallow when Rip defeated him and then they just left the body there. If they had given even a half-asses explanation that, if not killed by Kendra, he'd reappear somewhere else in the world when he died, then how tough beating him is would make sense.
    We even saw in that Arrow/Flash crossover that once Vandal was defeated, it took outside assistance for him to come back.
    And we still have no clue why Merlyn resurrected Savage. Who would be one of his rivals and general pain in the neck.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Still miffed that they're saying it's 1975 when it's clearly 1977

(I know, I know, 'alternate earths' and all that )
    Why do you think it's 1977? Just curious.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

I've said this before - if they fall into the endless villain cycle with Savage - the show becomes a bore. They have to have repeated plot devices to keep him around.

You could just pick up Savage and drop him on Dinosaur meteor day or Sun goes Nova day, for instance. Guy with knives - just shoot him in the head with a 50 BMG during a time when he doesn't even know they exist. Incinerate the area and his body. Scoop up the ashes. Blah, blah.

Mighty Member

That suck's with a few members of the team getting captured like that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I liked this week's episode better than last week. Gah! I'm such Arrowverse trash.

Thank goodness this episode was enjoyable. The first three felt really cold to me, this episode felt like they were finally getting warmed up. Anyways, as soon as I saw the file on that Russian girl I knew she would be another firestorm user. I'm def. looking forward to that.

Just thinking out loud, maybe the previous episodes felt weird because of Savage's presence? Idk, the Firestorms from all over the world has always interested me so that could be a bias. We'll see.

For a smart guy, Ray is a dimwit sometimes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    For a smart guy, Ray is a dimwit sometimes.
    Well, it's not as if he went through any real training to a superhero

Amazing Member

Probably the 1975's kid's reference to Darth Vader-since Star Wars came out in 1977.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Just looked up Valentina Vostok and she's a pre-existing character in the DCU. Negative Woman is coming!

So we go into the 80's and there's no 80's music sequence? I'm disappointed .

Is Atom ever going to fight Chronos? I really hope they get a solo fight eventually, because it would feel like a waste of even including Atom's Archenemy in the show if they never had a personal fight agains one another. Then again, they never did Ray and Carter's friendship, so I guess doing service to elements of The Atom/Ray's character from the comics isn't a priority for the show at the moment.

I thought Ray was charming enough that he'd be able to pull off romancing Valentina, but then again, by the end of the episode we had the reveal that Valentina isn't that different from Snart which might explain his success at wooing her. Both are affable people, on the surface at least, smart in their own right and good at using situations to their advantage, as well as a dark and cruel side that comes out when you least expect it. I guess the biggest difference between the two is the scale of their goals and how far they're willing to go for it.

The reveal that Valentina was a bit of a Russian Femme Fatale I was not expecting, and it's interesting that we may potentially have a recurring female villain now...and a female Firestorm. Though I wonder if they could work in some aspect of her Negative Woman powerset to differentiate her from the original Firestorm?

We definitely had more of a showcase of how strained and difficult the Firestorm partnership is as Stein and Jax continue to butt heads, and also some revelations about the issues plaguing both characters and how that relates to their conflict with each other. Stein is constantly barking directions and orders at Jax, because he's afraid that he'll lose Jax like he lost Ronnie, which I thought was a nice twist and I'm happy they mentioned Ronnie.

Meanwhile, Jax never listens because he feels he's the only one really putting his life on the line, a life that has a widowed mom back home waiting for him back in 2016. And Stein's protectiveness just comes off like he's trying to be another dad for Jax, if completely unintentionally, which is probably another major reason why their relationship is as rocky as it is.

At least now that the two have had it out in this episode and Stein proved he has the will to put himself into danger to protect Jax and the world, that Firestorm can come back stronger then ever once the two reunite .

This episode was probably the biggest highlight of the dangerous effect the Legends can have on the timestream as they continue fighting Savage. They narrowly avoided Ray's Atom technology falling into his hands, but Savage's witnessing Firestorm in action led him to work with the Soviet Union to make their on Firestorm several decades before Stein will do it. And you have to wonder how the Government might have reacted to Kendra popping her wings and going feral since it's probably the closest thing to a public sighting of a Metahuman before The Flash makes his debut many years later.

It was cool seeing the two warriors of the team, Sara and Kendra, interact and train with each other. Especially when the episode established that Kendra is now struggling to control her warrior side without Carter around, while Sara is still dealing with her bloodlust. I guess two people who both have to deal with outbursts in the heat of the moment which lead them to try and kill people need to stick together and help each other.

Did Ray mess up? Pretty much, yeah. But only a heroic or pure-hearted person would do anything, no matter how detrimental to themselves, to prevent a loss of life, especially when a comrade is involved. Even when that comrade is your exact opposite, enjoys making fun of you, and pretty much hates your guts.

The title of this thread just makes me think of the village chief in Asterix comics: "Tomorrow never comes!"

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Still miffed that they're saying it's 1975 when it's clearly 1977

(I know, I know, 'alternate earths' and all that )
    "Love Will Keep Us Together" was a big hit in 1975 and pretty much made The Captain and Tennille famous. By 1977 they weren't that big a deal anymore. So I'm thinking it was 1975, otherwise why would the be playing LWKUT on the jukebox, if not to emphasize it was 1975?

Amazing Member

Thanks- I thought that name sounded familiar!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Like the cold war-spy feel to this episode.
    More character building for Captain Cold.
    Wish they would give a bit more depth to Heatwave.