Page 220 of 277 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just love this wonky show. You can tell how much fun the cast is having.
    No kidding.

Though I think Sarah needs to have a talk with Ava about her obsession with serial killers...

I'm glad Ava gets to have hobbies and be just as weird as the rest of the crew.

Did they re-use the high school set from The Flash? Did Mick go to the same school as Barry and Iris?

I have to question what sense it makes sending the two members of the team with powers and a supersuit away from dealing with the telekinetic serial killer. Nate couldn't have just steeled up and broken down the door? Or Ray blast it?

When we were visiting Constantine's house, I was kind of excited for a second thinking it might be the House of Mystery...I really have to stop expecting major stuff from the comics to turn up at this point.

So what stopped Freddie's mom from becoming an Encore? She only had one kill to her name and didn't become the worst of the worst to where she would warrant getting resurrected? Or with Freddie disowning her she lost the will to continue killing?

Now that I think about it, does Behrad have an equivalent to Zari's costume she only wore for, like, one crossover?

Mighty Member

Poor Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Poor Constantine.
    Lung cancer -- nice comic book reference.

Oh, and I haven't been paying enough attention, but was Sara's business in Star City Ollie's funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Lung cancer -- nice comic book reference.

Oh, and I haven't been paying enough attention, but was Sara's business in Star City Ollie's funeral?
    She didn't say, but that's what I assumed.

Not the best episode this season, but still fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

"The Loom of Fate"? Wasn't that in the Wanted movie? Anyway, same story again. The actual Legends stuff is super fun and Tala Ashe just rules but, once again, the Constantine stuff feels like a completely different and much less fun show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    "The Loom of Fate"? Wasn't that in the Wanted movie? Anyway, same story again. The actual Legends stuff is super fun and Tala Ashe just rules but, once again, the Constantine stuff feels like a completely different and much less fun show.
    While I agree about the show's de facto dichotomy, I actually prefer the Constantine stuff (even with Gary, who actually isn't useless here). The other stuff is just nuts and should be on another Earth. Finally, though I know it was done for laughs, the Marie Antoinette history lesson was pretty bad.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I know it's been awhile now that we've known Brandon Routh/Ray was not going to be around after this season, but reading the lame excuses as to why is just annoying. The producers spouting off about "people growing apart" and the Waverider only being a "halfway home" makes no sense when Mick and Sara have been there just as long.

If they feel the cast is too big, they might as well dump Charlie since they already ruined her.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

reason why they're being cut is because of the show's budget being reduced

On one storyline, we have a goofy bunch kidnapping a beheaded, cursing frenchwoman who has a magical perfume that makes people attracted to her.

On the other, we have ghosts of the past hauting people and somebody literally choking to death on his own blood.

Only Legends can make this mixture work.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    reason why they're being cut is because of the show's budget being reduced
    And probably has to do with Routh's contract as well. (I don't know the particulars, but that is usually involved)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Was Marie Antoinette actually evil? I thought the general consensus was that she was a victim of circumstance more then anything else, but pretty far from a historical "bad guy" who we would expect to end up down under, unless you were a French person during the Revolution. I think that kind of came off during her talk with Zari, but it was still hard for me to believe it any more then I did that terrible French accent.

Okay, feel free to clarify me on proper history, but were the black French people during the Revolution era...?

Is Constantine's relationship with Natalie and how that led to what happened to Astra consistent with the Constantine show?

I get the marshmallow guy was a bit of a pompous social media star, but I don't think just being Zari's boyfriend warranted Nate punching him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was Marie Antoinette actually evil? I thought the general consensus was that she was a victim of circumstance more then anything else, but pretty far from a historical "bad guy" who we would expect to end up down under, unless you were a French person during the Revolution. I think that kind of came off during her talk with Zari, but it was still hard for me to believe it any more then I did that terrible French accent.
    The Austrian-born queen and her husband weren't evil and were better-than-average people as monarchs go. Ironically, if Louis XVI had been tougher, the French Revolution may never have happened during his reign.

BTW, she never said "let them eat cake*" - she was known to give the poor money from her own personal funds. Now she had been extravagant as a young princess and queen regarding the royal funds and loved to party, but settled down after the birth of her first child. It doesn't make either one a saint, mind you, but they certainly didn't deserve the guillotine.

* "cake" was a cheap form of bread

Okay, feel free to clarify me on proper history, but were the black French people during the Revolution era...?
    Not in prominent positions, at any rate.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think it may have only been a throw away comment, but didn't the Legends meet Napoleon once before?

I didn't feel like there was any point to having Courtney Ford play Marie Antoinette. A couple seasons ago, they had some of the cast also play historical characters, but nothing really came from that. Maybe it's just a cost saving thing.

Zari is dating a guy who dresses like a S'mores? I really hope the 40's won't actually be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd do a comparison between what she wore during her transmission and what she was wearing during Oliver's funeral to see if it's the same outfit, but...ehh...