Page 20 of 277 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Retired

I know that in the DCU the Time Masters were called the Linear Men, but maybe the requirement for a great Time Master is non-linear thinking. So Rip's fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants style might have made him a great Time Master because he didn't think ahead in straight lines.

Rip might be a master of noncausality. However, the other Time Masters we've seen resemble the old Guardians of the Universe, in being fuddy-duddies and fuss-budgets.

It does seem like the writers go to great lengths to keep things just above street-level in practice, despite having two(three?) members who are massively above street-level.

One wonders why they didn't just dump Heat Wave in 2046. He'd be happy, and they'd be peacefully rid of him.

Why would Diggle junior call himself Conner Hawke? Even if he rejected his original name, wouldn't simply calling himself Green Arrow or some other nick-name make more sense?
    Last edited by MichaelC; 03-05-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    One wonders why they didn't just dump Heat Wave in 2046. He'd be happy, and they'd be peacefully rid of him.
    Wonder what would happen if the timeline changed while he was there...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Firestorm's blasts could have easily started a fire that consumed their oxygen faster than the system could replenish it, or even worse. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want nuclear blasts flying around in an enclosed space.
    And yet in the end Rip opened the outer hull doors leading to a rapid decompression sucking all the pirates into space and that precious oxygen.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I wasn't impressed. It wasn't terrible, but nothing about it really engaged me, at least for most of the hour. It was mostly a bunch of exposition about Vandal Savage buttressed around 40 minutes of stuff that just happened so they could talk about Vandal Savage. Things didn't really start to click dramatically until Hunter's "confession" at the end. Speaking of Hunter, I didn't much care for the actor playing him. On the flip side, the guy playing Hawkman was much less annoying than he was on Arrow/Flash. The intro scene with Cold/Heat seems to confirm my theory about Jewel Staite's future character most likely being related to either Snart or Rory.The fact that Stein, a college professor, just happened to have some knockout drugs in his office to slip Jax raises all kinds of unsettling questions. I though Routh was the best from a character standpoint. He really projected the emptiness he felt at the realization that his life's work would amount to nothing. I felt bad for the guy.
    WTF? Stein knocked out Jax and forced him to come along?!!
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 03-07-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Need answers and opinions

Retired

When you think about it, almost half of the Legends have reason to be angry with the other half.

Kendra was angry with Carter for being pressured into becoming Hawkgirl and embracing her unremembered past. She's made her peace with that (it seems) and Carter is dead for now, but still she had that chip on her shoulder.

Rory was angry with Snart for what he saw as a betrayal.

And Jax has good reason to be angry with Stein for abducting him on this mission.

Sara and Ray seem to be okay with each other, but they probably resent Rip's high-handed deception in getting them to join the Legends.

And consdering Sara and Ray, I want to see some more going on between them. After all, they have the most in common with each other. Everyone else is relatively new--but Ray and Sara are established characters from ARROW and they have all that shared background. I would think they'd be spending more time together, talking about the friends they have in common.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    WTF? Stein knocked out Jax and forced him to come along?!!
    Yep. And the way the scene played out made it looked like he had the whole thing planned in advance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Firestorm's blasts could have easily started a fire that consumed their oxygen faster than the system could replenish it, or even worse. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want nuclear blasts flying around in an enclosed space.
    I reiterate my previous question: How many times have we actually seen Firestorm's blasts (at least since he/they learned to control the power) set anything on fire? Particularly by accident. There's more than ample evidence that they can control the heat output of the blasts. And there's been little to no evidence that there's literally anything "nuclear" about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    And yet in the end Rip opened the outer hull doors leading to a rapid decompression sucking all the pirates into space and that precious oxygen.
    Which, apparently, wasn't quite so precious after all.
    Last edited by kalorama; 03-07-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Speaking of not setting things on fire. The Heat and Cold guns not actually freezing or burning people is painful to, well, not see. I can come up with logical reasons why, but..it's still sad.

Legends of Tomorrow is becoming a good little drama. All the characters are really well written and compelling. They do a good job of showing all the facets of their personalities. Who knew Heatwave was such a complex character?
    Cold having to take out Heatwave was rough to watch even though I don't think Mick is dead. Still, that was a great Old Yellar moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Speaking of not setting things on fire. The Heat and Cold guns not actually freezing or burning people is painful to, well, not see. I can come up with logical reasons why, but..it's still sad.
    At least on Gotham we saw the charred corpses that Firefly created and caused Harvey Bullock to give up on eating barbecue, alluding to the smell of burnt flesh, and the dozens of frozen cops Mr. Freeze created.
    I mean Gotham is ridiculous too, but at least the show's creators have the guts to show the effects something like this would have on a real person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Legends of Tomorrow is becoming a good little drama. All the characters are really well written and compelling. They do a good job of showing all the facets of their personalities.
    With the exception of Jax (who still doesn't really have a personality) and Stein (whose personality is all over the place and rarely seems to align with the guy we saw on all those episodes of Flash) I tend to agree, although it did take a while for them to get there. I still find Ray to be the most interesting of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    With the exception of Jax (who still doesn't really have a personality) and Stein (whose personality is all over the place and rarely seems to align with the guy we saw on all those episodes of Flash) I tend to agree, although it did take a while for them to get there. I still find Ray to be the most interesting of the bunch.
    Well he is Superman.

I'm really loving the cast everyone has their own uniqueness to them. Even though Jax was forced along he decided to stay when he had a chance to leave.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I mean Gotham is ridiculous too, but at least the show's creators have the guts to show the effects something like this would have on a real person.
    It's probably the network--not the creators. GOTHAM has probably got the green light from the network's standards and practice to show more and describe more. Whereas, LoT probably isn't given the same license from their network. They're also targetting different interests in their respective audiences. And what time is each show broadcast at on their networks?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's probably the network--not the creators. GOTHAM has probably got the green light from the network's standards and practice to show more and describe more. Whereas, LoT probably isn't given the same license from their network. They're also targetting different interests in their respective audiences. And what time is each show broadcast at on their networks?
    Both shows are on at 8:00 PM. Also, CW (which airs LoT) also has a history of broadcasting shows that don't shy away from high (for prime-time anyway) levels of violence, including Supernatural and the Following.
    Last edited by kalorama; 03-08-2016 at 12:15 PM.