Page 196 of 277 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4155
    Retired

I wonder how much is already written and set for the remainder of the season. Since LEGENDS has all this time before it comes back and as it will end long after the other shows have wrapped up, they could use those final episodes to set the stage for the Crisis--which would give LOT some extra pull, given no other Arrowverse show will be airing by then and it will be the only game in town.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder how much is already written and set for the remainder of the season. Since LEGENDS has all this time before it comes back and as it will end long after the other shows have wrapped up, they could use those final episodes to set the stage for the Crisis--which would give LOT some extra pull, given no other Arrowverse show will be airing by then and it will be the only game in town.
    Legends comes back on April, so it is going to end this season more or less at the same time that Arrow, Flash and Supergirl, on May´s last weeks, or at the beginning of June.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    It's becoming a clown fest with the Legends being the Stooges of the DC tv universe. Bah.
    You say all that like it's a bad thing...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

To me it is. Robot Chicken does funnier superheroes. I'm particularly disappointed with Ray and Nate being such idiots. I think it was a mistake from the beginning for such a lame instantiation of the Atom. I understand he would be expensive to use as in the Ant-Man/Wasp movies but he's pretty useless as the Atom. Should have gone for the shrinking suit as compared to the stupid Mecha version.

Now his fixation on Nora and Mona's bestiality vibe is just dumb. The Time Bureau is just a bunch of Red Shirts in action.

To me it is. Robot Chicken does funnier superheroes. I'm particularly disappointed with Ray and Nate being such idiots. I think it was a mistake from the beginning for such a lame instantiation of the Atom. I understand he would be expensive to use as in the Ant-Man/Wasp movies but he's pretty useless as the Atom. Should have gone for the shrinking suit as compared to the stupid Mecha version.

Now his fixation on Nora and Mona's bestiality vibe is just dumb. The Time Bureau is just a bunch of Red Shirts in action.
    Agree on that point. Disagree about the rest.

At this point, Legends is just its own thing with very little in common with the comics, and I think it's been tremendously fun and funny when taken for what it is. I get not liking it because of that but, eh, with like 5 other DC shows on right now that are closer to their comic book roots, what's wrong with this unhinged dark horse that;s off in the corner doing its own thing?

And it really has nothing in common with Robot Chicken. I don't see the comparison there at all.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He wasn't comparing the show to Robot Chicken. Robot Chicken does superhero comedy better.

But they're not remotely the same sort of comedy, is the thing. Like, at all.

I agree with Ilan. RC does parody and funny what ifs. This is more a situation comedy with suer characers we care about. Modern Super Family.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

That's what's wrong with it. If it was a separate funny show like the Orville maybe. But as part of the universe, it doesn't fit. It's like having a comedy Law and Order when they had several versions running, or CSI.

Also, it's not that funny.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

For me, I both like and dislike Legends.

It has a lot of fun and potential. The actors do a good job, and the concept allows for a lot of potential places and cameo’s and special guest appearances. The relationships between the characters is also very well done.

My biggest problem is two-fold. 1: They do not make use of their meta-human characters well. At this point Nate shouldn’t even have a Steel form considering how often he doesn’t use it when it would be useful. Like ever it seems. Go into the dark Waverider to hunt down Sara with the Death Totem? Sure. Are you going to Steel up first so there is no way she’s can do you any harm? Nope!

Same with Ray. I like Routh a lot, but they play him a bit too naive and they don’t let him suit up nearly enough. To the point where he’s more Ray Palmer, good guy, then The Atom or Ray Palmer the brilliant scientist. But we do get Zari wind blasting people with a super easy effect. Yay!

2: They absolutely do not do justice to certain eras they have been too. A King Arthur story with not a single reference or nod or cameo of Shining Knight, Jason Blood, the real Merlin, Etrigan, or Morgan le Fey? All very well established DC characters?

Really? Jonah Hex has shown up multiple times but they can’t?

I do like the show and hope it continues. I just wish they would do a better job with certain scenarios and characters.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

finally caught up.

Sorry Nate, your father is more awesome then you are.

The Fairy Godmother needs to be an additional member of the crew.

and the single best use of muppets not used by Jim Henson.

They managed to top "demon vs fluff monster." and that's no small feat.

That's what's wrong with it. If it was a separate funny show like the Orville maybe. But as part of the universe, it doesn't fit. It's like having a comedy Law and Order when they had several versions running, or CSI.

That's probably why it wasn't in the crossover. The other shows have a more similar tone. Even Supergirl has almost become Arrow dark, with Flash now again being the most light hearted one, but still having dark themes.

It's not like the comics also have grim-dark and lighthearted stuff set within the same continuity?