Page 260 of 277 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    As much as I love Caity Lotz and I loooooooooooooooooove Caity Lotz, dying to meet her at a con....

I had to pull the ripcord on this show as this season broke me. Hell the last couple were straining me, but this one did it.
    Oddly enough, while I was in the same boat as you (and I did get to meet Caity Lotz at a con, and she was awesome), this trailer kind of intrigues me. And I've been just as hard on this show as anyone here. I don't expect they will be stuck in the past for too long, and I'm kind of curious how they will play it.

I'm also probably going to go back and skim through last season, focusing mostly on Sara's story, because that interests me. The rest just looks like crap.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    While I have found The Flash and Supergirl are past their due date, and i gave up on Batwoman in season 2, I thoroughly enjoy this show for the zany romp it is. YMMV
    I really wonder if Wallis Day was cast from the beginning how things would have gone. Much as I love Ruby, Day is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior actor. But then of course, would her superior acting chops even matter against the crap writing.....ah the road not taken....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't even need angst, I just wish this actually felt like a Superhero show mining the source material and not just crazy antics.

Like they mention the powers in the trailer but they feel so superflous to the show at times.
    The lack of characters using their powers is really silly.
    If only they'd have chosen non/low powered characters from the start (TK or TP which is basically just the characters waving their hands or squinting. scientists, fighters, gimmicks like Rory's gun), it would def. have worked w. what they're doing now. But thats hindsight talking on my part. Theres no way they could have known 6-7 years ago what they would end up w.

EDIT
    And really, they could have saved themselves a bunch of cash these last several years if they had just gone w. a different way to power up Nate...:

There was nothing stopping them from going the "Six Million Dollar Man" route, and just showing the occasional body scan/ripped flesh shot of his metallic skeleton to remind viewers what his deal is.

Money saved, Nate gets to keep (and USE) his super strength and not look like a dumbass.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-17-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Finally watched the finale after building up enough interest. Random thoughts:

*The entire arc with Bishop, Ava, the clones, etc was just.... why?? I'd have preferred Constantine's story take center stage, considering he's one of the regular (and better) characters, and Ryan's portrayal remains excellent.

*The John/Zari relationship felt forced from the beginning though, and whether or not John's exit is permanent, I'm still glad it ended.

*Speaking of - Zari 2.0 was fun for a minute, and Tala Ashe convincingly pulls off both personalities, but I'm ready for the OG to return full time.

*Really sh!tty that they couldn't pony up the cash to pull in a guest star or two from one of the other shows as guests at Sara & Ava's wedding. Schedule permitting, I bet Stephen Amell would have popped in at no charge!

*Sad to see Mick go. I appreciated his scene with Sara though; I was honestly expecting the writers to forget how much history they have at this point and gloss over his exit.

This show was my favorite of the Arrowverse circa season's 2-4, but yeah... at this point I'm perfectly fine if they end it next year. Which is a shame, because the concept lends itself to many more seasons if they'd only stop shooting themselves in the foot.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Oddly enough, while I was in the same boat as you (and I did get to meet Caity Lotz at a con, and she was awesome), this trailer kind of intrigues me. And I've been just as hard on this show as anyone here. I don't expect they will be stuck in the past for too long, and I'm kind of curious how they will play it.
    I feel like a Superhero show in the 1920's would be more interesting than what the team will actually get up to in the 1920's. But that's just me.
    I'm also probably going to go back and skim through last season, focusing mostly on Sara's story, because that interests me. The rest just looks like crap.
    If you're watching the season for Sara's story you...might be disappointed? Or might not be?

I really wonder if Wallis Day was cast from the beginning how things would have gone. Much as I love Ruby, Day is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior actor. But then of course, would her superior acting chops even matter against the crap writing.....ah the road not taken....
    It wasn't Ruby, it was the writing that pushed me away. Especially how Alice was handled.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Finally watched the finale after building up enough interest. Random thoughts:

*The entire arc with Bishop, Ava, the clones, etc was just.... why?? I'd have preferred Constantine's story take center stage, considering he's one of the regular (and better) characters, and Ryan's portrayal remains excellent.
    Seconded

*Really sh!tty that they couldn't pony up the cash to pull in a guest star or two from one of the other shows as guests at Sara & Ava's wedding. Schedule permitting, I bet Stephen Amell would have popped in at no charge!
    I'm pretty sure that's about COVID protections rather than money

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like a Superhero show in the 1920's would be more interesting than what the team will actually get up to in the 1920's. But that's just me.

If you're watching the season for Sara's story you...might be disappointed? Or might not be?
    I know. She died and is now an alien hybrid clone. They wanted to give her superpowers of a sort, and this is what they went with. Meh.

Better or not, she probably would have actually stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know. She died and is now an alien hybrid clone. They wanted to give her superpowers of a sort, and this is what they went with. Meh.
    Looking back they really didn't focus on or develop that near as much as you would've expected them to.

Mighty Member

The "Guggenheim" circus. Ha Ha!

Nate might have just saved America.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Excited to see so much of the old cast returning for episode 100 (especially Routh)!! Although I must admit Falk Hentschel was a huge surprise....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So now our time travelers are stuck in the past, which I guess is a novel concept (although it kind of happened to some of the team back in season 1, if I remember right).

Zari pointing out how inconsistent and useless the time couriers have been for practically the whole series.

Astra may need to come into her own instead of completely trying to imitate John on the team...but she does seem to be the new person who waves their hands around and speaks Latin (?).

Mick screwing the team's emergency resources almost felt like a commentary on Dominic Purcell's less than pleasant comments about the show after his departure.

We can't get Zatanna but we can get Sara in a very Zatanna-esque outfit that shows off Caity Lotz' legs.

Does Nate bear a passing resemblance to J. Edgar Hoover or does J. Edgar Hoover possess a passing resemblance to Nate? It was nice to see Nate flexing more of his history knowledge. Although him wearing the suit of Spooner's dead dad was...kind of weird.

So are a bunch of people going to show up at Gloria's farm, expecting a circus, only to be disappointed when nothing happens?

John's key leads to a pocket dimension House of Mystery for Zari to "crash," although I have to think there might be more useful stuff in there.

So John's ancestor invented time travel? His last name isn't Constantine so I wonder if he married Joanna Constantine? Although I'm not sure if she was alive in the 1920's.

Sara seemed surprisingly enthusiastic about robbing banks. Although then again when you see people lauding the Bullet Blondes and an actual bank robber fangirl, you get a sense of the cult of celebrity those kind of people had back then, even if the idea of treating bank robbers and criminals so reverentially is kind of off-putting on some level. At least Sara and Ava made for the hottest bank robbers of the 1920's, and those accents .

The Bullet Blondes feels like something you'd see in the comics, although the Bulleteer's are an actual comics thing.

Nice to see Spooner and Astra's friendship is still going strong. And Spooner gets more time with her mom.

Nate bouncing a bullet from Hoover off his skin and killing Hoover was...surprisingly graphic. I mean, Hoover's far from the nicest guy but at the same time Nate killed him (in self-defense, admittedly, but he was technically also aiding and abetting a bank robbery). And then Ava has Gary eat the body to cover their tracks. At this point I almost feel like they don't deserve to be called Superheroes anymore.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

EW photo of the upcoming 100th episode.

Legends100.jpg

No Rory? Wha?