Page 150 of 277 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sara Lance, as a woman who likes other women, needs to check herself. She said to Dr. Moore (played by Annabel Marshall-Roth) in January of 1969 that she doesn't age well. Yet in December of 2017, Dr. Moore is now played by Marilyn Norry (born 1957). Now I'd guess that the young Dr. Moore is about 30 years old and by present day she must be about 79 years old, yet she looks like a 60 year old. So why was Sara so harsh toward this woman about her ageing? In the looks department, the Doc's not bad at all. Of course, that whole lobotomy thing probably scares away any admirers.

I notice that Ray Palmer is starting to grey around the temples. Did they just forget to give him a touch-up or are they trying to give him that distinguished look--now that he's essentially the kindly professor on the team--with Martin departed.

In terms of seniority on LEGENDS, I guess it goes Gideon, Sara, Ray, Mick, Nate, Amaya, Zari. But really Sara, Ray and Mick have been on the Waverider about the same amount of time. However, Sara was on ARROW before Ray and Mick loses some seniority hours for the time he was away from the Waverider. Also it seems, in general, like Dominic Purcell puts in less hours on the show than Brandon Routh. Otherwise, Mick would be a good replacement captain (whenever Sara is possessed by a demon).
    I'm with you. I've noticed Ray's greying hair, too. I really wish Mick was used more.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Am I the only one who doesn't like Matt Ryan's take on Constantine, like, at all?

First, I just can't get into that accent. Of all the British accents I imagined Constantine having, Welsh is definitely among the bottom. I always took him to be a Londoner. This is obviously a fairly nitpicky point but he always sounds wrong to me.

More crucially, Ryan's take on Constantine just comes across as highly mannered, an almost pantomime take on one of DC's most complex and interesting characters. The ticks and mannerisms of Constantine are there but he has none of the gravitas and screwed-upness of Constantine at his core. Between his performance and the way he is written, Ryan's Constantine is way too chipper and cutesy to work at all.

And, yeah, sorry but I just thought he was a terrible fit for the Legends. The "real" Constantine would fit even less with them, of course, but I would think a acharacter like Zatanna would work way better - and would have worked far better than Constatine did here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Really nice episode. And I hope it's not the last we see of Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Weird. I really don't see Damian as being bad here despite the obviously bad actions, at least not to his daughter.

It ultimately amounted to him going "Honey, that demon will help you get me back." "Oh, OK."

I suppose this might be helping build up her possibly betraying Damian but..there's not really any reason for her to. I mean she had her chance to potentially rebel here but she was totally into it. He didn't even so much as coerce her for it.

And while it was necessary ultimately what happened to her was less because of Mallus and more because Ollie killed her dad leaving her parentless.

I was surprised the show bothered trying to get them to help her as they did. I mean at the end of the day their friend killed her dad. Even at the very best of situations she shouldn't be likely to care about what they'd say. and it's a bit of a surprise that the show didn't tease her knowing them before hand to set this up.
    I dunno. I think Nora at that age was at a very critical and difficult time in her life and having her father turn up, alive and well, after she had just been possessed by a demon and thrown into a mental asylum...I mean, she could've not gone with him but she was in such a state of shock or delirium that I don't think she had much choice.

I'm not surprised the Legends tried to help Nora here since, compared to her adult self, she's basically an innocent in all this. The conditioning from her father and whatever this order did to her is what likely made her the person she is when she revived Darhk and came after the Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I'm with you. I've noticed Ray's greying hair, too. I really wish Mick was used more.
    Now that you mention it, I recall seeing that too.

Are they trying to turn Ray into Reed Richards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I think Nora at that age was at a very critical and difficult time in her life and having her father turn up, alive and well, after she had just been possessed by a demon and thrown into a mental asylum...I mean, she could've not gone with him but she was in such a state of shock or delirium that I don't think she had much choice.

I'm not surprised the Legends tried to help Nora here since, compared to her adult self, she's basically an innocent in all this. The conditioning from her father and whatever this order did to her is what likely made her the person she is when she revived Darhk and came after the Legends.

Now that you mention it, I recall seeing that too.

Are they trying to turn Ray into Reed Richards ?
    They could almost be the fantastic four, if they hadn’t lost their human torch.

I wish Ray would be featured more.
    Aside from the ET episode his role has really diminished this season.

It's always cool to see Constantine again, and I'm glad that despite the fact that Legends is a silly show, they threw in a few bits of horror here and there during the possession scenes. He and Sara pretty much HAD to hook up, but shouldn't they have picked a better time? Leo was almost lobotomized! Speaking of Leo, I expected a bit more from him before his departure. It wasn't even him using his own weapon this time around.

I've always kind of felt bad for Kuasa, but kind of not. I wonder how Amaya is going to try and protect/save her? Is it even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Has he actually interacted with any of them besides Steele? I mean, besides Steele, being Barry's brother-in-law (was pretty much his younger brother anyway) will be a good step forward with most of the members, but he never really participated in the crossovers.
    Kind of a missed opportunity that we never got to see Kid Flash fight the likes of Captain Cold and Heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Amaya was killed in Eshu's raid on Zambesi? Jeez, that's a pretty depressing end for her after all she's lived through .
    Yeah, but at least she lived to a decent age. If she died in 1992, that means she was probably in her mid-70's, give or take any time that she spent on time traveling adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe if they combine the five Totems, Zari becomes Captain Planet?
    Nah, I'm thinking someone is going to take all the totems and put them on a gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Gideon ships * Sara/Ava it would seem.
    And nobody ships like an actual ship.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I was surprised the show bothered trying to get them to help her as they did. I mean at the end of the day their friend killed her dad. Even at the very best of situations she shouldn't be likely to care about what they'd say. and it's a bit of a surprise that the show didn't tease her knowing them before hand to set this up.
    And her dad killed Sara's sister. I guess what makes the Legends heroes is that they try to help their enemies when it could be easy to hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Matt Ryan's take on Constantine, like, at all?

First, I just can't get into that accent. Of all the British accents I imagined Constantine having, Welsh is definitely among the bottom. I always took him to be a Londoner. This is obviously a fairly nitpicky point but he always sounds wrong to me.

More crucially, Ryan's take on Constantine just comes across as highly mannered, an almost pantomime take on one of DC's most complex and interesting characters. The ticks and mannerisms of Constantine are there but he has none of the gravitas and screwed-upness of Constantine at his core. Between his performance and the way he is written, Ryan's Constantine is way too chipper and cutesy to work at all.

And, yeah, sorry but I just thought he was a terrible fit for the Legends. The "real" Constantine would fit even less with them, of course, but I would think a acharacter like Zatanna would work way better - and would have worked far better than Constatine did here.
    No, you're not the only one. I only saw him in the trailer and realized I don't like the character. I don't know if it's the way he delivered his lines or his mannerisms, but something about the live-action version doesn't impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Yeah, but at least she lived to a decent age. If she died in 1992, that means she was probably in her mid-70's, give or take any time that she spent on time traveling adventures.
    There should be some sort of Vixen "Force" where past wearers of the totem go after they "die." Yeah, I said it! Although I think it's weird that the Anansi totems allows its wearers/users to mimic the abilities of seemingly immortal animals like a jellyfish, but the wearer can't somehow transfer that same power into themselves somehow. ALTHOUGH Mari (at least in the comics) has innate animal powers, so she doesn't even NEED the totem to use her powers, so she could potentially keep reverting to a younger self. Too bad Amaya apparently can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post

As I stated in an earlier post, I am pretty much in agreement with you.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

I couldn't get into the CONSTANTINE series and that might be partly because of Ryan. But he does look like Constantine and he is British. You don't always get that with screen adaptations of the character.

For a show about Damian Darhk and Sara's death/soul problems--given Constantine was pivotal for that story--calling any other ghostbuster would not have made sense. It had to be him. He really fits this story and all the horror stuff they did this episode shocked and frightened me--and I'm not one to be frightened by TV magic.

One could argue that throwing together the two bisexuals with the gay man was a little on the nose--but probably something a lot of people wanted to see. I could have used more Cold-Heatwave bromance.

I thought it was awesome to see two bisexual characters and one gay character out in the field kicking ass. Also like the fact that these shows don't shy away from bisexuality. Granted, it would be nice if a character was allowed to say, "I'm bisexual", much the same way that Curtis and Leo get say, "I'm gay".

Some could argue that it was too on the nose, but screw 'em.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I couldn't get into the CONSTANTINE series and that might be partly because of Ryan. But he does look like Constantine and he is British. You don't always get that with screen adaptations of the character.

For a show about Damian Darhk and Sara's death/soul problems--given Constantine was pivotal for that story--calling any other ghostbuster would not have made sense. It had to be him. He really fits this story and all the horror stuff they did this episode shocked and frightened me--and I'm not one to be frightened by TV magic.

One could argue that throwing together the two bisexuals with the gay man was a little on the nose--but probably something a lot of people wanted to see. I could have used more Cold-Heatwave bromance.
    Agreed about Constantine but I feel similarly as others as I'm not a huge fan of the actor's portrayal of him. I really liked the genuine horror elements of this episode. It was really creepy at several points.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

FWIW, I thought Matt Ryan was great on Constantine and is still hitting it out of the park in the Arrowverse.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I've always kind of felt bad for Kuasa, but kind of not. I wonder how Amaya is going to try and protect/save her? Is it even possible?
    Even in Vixen it was awful what she had to go through when Zambesi was destroyed but that didn't justify how petty and sadistic she was towards Mari because she got the Totem.
    Kind of a missed opportunity that we never got to see Kid Flash fight the likes of Captain Cold and Heatwave.
    Come to think of it, isn't Abra Kadabra really the only traditional Rogue Wally ever fought?
    Nah, I'm thinking someone is going to take all the totems and put them on a gauntlet.
    Calling it, next crossover is Darkseid invading Earth to get the Totems .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    FWIW, I thought Matt Ryan was great on Constantine and is still hitting it out of the park in the Arrowverse.
    Agreed .