Page 206 of 277 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4155
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It's amazing how tastes differ. For me, it's Arrow and Black Lightening running neck and neck, LOT and the Flash at the rear.
    Arrow was great pre-Olicity, but lost its way since then, IMO. I still watch it, so it isn't like I have any hate for it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Arrow was great pre-Olicity, but lost its way since then, IMO. I still watch it, so it isn't like I have any hate for it.
    I've always liked Felicity. And since their marriage, there certainly has been any great eye-rolling drama in their relationship.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, it just really isn't a strength or even a feature of the show so I just let it go a while back. Honestly, while Supergirl has done a fine job with the Superman mythos (aside for the woefully miscast Jimmy Olsen), the other shows have often deviated a lot from the comics and often in ways that are often fairly baffling. Just look at the Flash's treatment of classic villains Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master and Captain Boomerang! If these shows were really going to steep themselves in an authentic portrayal of comic book lore then, sure, I would be annoyed by Legends' disconnect from DC Comics, but since they aren't I would rather the show just concentrates on doing what it does best: largely comedic and unapologetically bonkers time-travel shenanigans with cool characters and loads of heart.
    Kadabra was pretty comic-accurate in everything but the costume.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I've always liked Felicity. And since their marriage, there certainly has been any great eye-rolling drama in their relationship.
    I loved Felicity the first two seasons, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I loved Felicity the first two seasons, FWIW.
    I think they really lost sight of the character (and the show) when they tried to make her a serious love interest.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wasn't that the Monitor in the crowd eating popcorn?
    My favorite scene. I can't wait till the Legends encounter him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm dropping this show. Nate coming back to life with the power of love was too stupid for me to tolerate. We lost an actually good character to boot. What a complete waste of Vandal Savage.
    What did you want? Nate coming back with the power of tears like in the Pokemon movie?

Yeah, it just really isn't a strength or even a feature of the show so I just let it go a while back. Honestly, while Supergirl has done a fine job with the Superman mythos (aside for the woefully miscast Jimmy Olsen), the other shows have often deviated a lot from the comics and often in ways that are often fairly baffling. Just look at the Flash's treatment of classic villains Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master and Captain Boomerang! If these shows were really going to steep themselves in an authentic portrayal of comic book lore then, sure, I would be annoyed by Legends' disconnect from DC Comics, but since they aren't I would rather the show just concentrates on doing what it does best: largely comedic and unapologetically bonkers time-travel shenanigans with cool characters and loads of heart.
    Don't forget when they decided to portray heroes as villains; that's my main annoyance (examples: Atom Smasher, Dr. Light, Red Tornado, etc.)

I think the producers took all the best writers from all of the Arrowverse shows, so they can work on the Crisis storyline.

Where's the Question to prove my theory?

I guess with Mithra, Zari is going to become the new Dragon Queen, unless I missed something. By the way, I don't mind if they keep her adult brother. I need more eye candy!

By the way, is Nora still a fairy godmother still bound to Gary? I bet right now she wish she was a fairy gothmother.

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Constantine; so does My Mom. What do you people want? Constantine on Swamp Thing?

I said this once, and I'll say it again, I am disappointed they didn't portray Neron as they did in the comics, and I also wish they defeated Neron they did in "Underworld Unleashed."
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 05-22-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Forgot question

Surprised nobody's commented on them referring to Barry, Kara and Oliver as the Trinity. I thought that was a pretty cool reference to their status in the Arrowverse.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    Surprised nobody's commented on them referring to Barry, Kara and Oliver as the Trinity. I thought that was a pretty cool reference to their status in the Arrowverse.
    Basically Barry is Superman, Kara is Wonder Woman, and Oliver is Batman in the CW universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Basically Barry is Superman, Kara is Wonder Woman, and Oliver is Batman in the CW universe.
    And it works wonderfully.

Though I would argue that Sara Lance comes right behind them in terms of iconicity for the verse.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kadabra was pretty comic-accurate in everything but the costume.
    He was but he made almost no impact whatsoever. This might be less a case of the character not being a perfect adaptation of the comics but that the writers basically treat some of Barry's most iconic rogues with the same casual disinterest as any of the other instantly forgettable villains-of-the-week that they bring in for all of one episode. We have a whole season of Cicada but all of one episode of Boomerang or Abra Kadabra - that's more than a little weird. Frankly, the fact that the Flash has refused to concentrate on building up the Rogues as a proper threat or at least constant presence in the life of Barry Allen, is one of its biggest failings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I like Constantine; so does My Mom. What do you people want? Constantine on Swamp Thing?
    Honestly, yes exactly. Constantine with Swamp Thing makes much more sense than pairing him up with the Legends. Though I still think that Matt Ryan is too mannered to properly do the part justice - which I kind of hate to say as he does clearly throw himself into the role with gusto.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Each of these shows have declined so much that they are all pretty much unwatchable, with the exception of the crossovers as they have been fantastic.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer
    What did you want? Nate coming back with the power of tears like in the Pokemon movie
    I hated that scene because it reminded me of the Pokemon movie. Nate is one of the characters I dislike on the show so I was hoping his death would stick. Not only does he get resurrected in the most hokey way possible but we lost Zari over it. Constantine was the only thing keeping me on this season but I don't think that will be enough anymore. After the next season of Arrow I'm done with the arrowverse.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    It is cool.

Honestly, yes exactly. Constantine with Swamp Thing makes much more sense than pairing him up with the Legends. Though I still think that Matt Ryan is too mannered to properly do the part justice - which I kind of hate to say as he does clearly throw himself into the role with gusto.
    Okay, so fun question (which everybody can answer): Suppose you had the power to transfer Constantine to Swamp Thing, however, Blue Devil has to be on the Legends; will you make the transfer?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    It is cool.

Okay, so fun question (which everybody can answer): Suppose you had the power to transfer Constantine to Swamp Thing, however, Blue Devil has to be on the Legends; will you make the transfer?
    I think Blue Devil would fit the Legends better than Constantine.

He was but he made almost no impact whatsoever. This might be less a case of the character not being a perfect adaptation of the comics but that the writers basically treat some of Barry's most iconic rogues with the same casual disinterest as any of the other instantly forgettable villains-of-the-week that they bring in for all of one episode. We have a whole season of Cicada but all of one episode of Boomerang or Abra Kadabra - that's more than a little weird. Frankly, the fact that the Flash has refused to concentrate on building up the Rogues as a proper threat or at least constant presence in the life of Barry Allen, is one of its biggest failings.
    Well, it's partially this show's fault for stealing Cold and Heat Wave when the Flash was actually building up to the Rogues .

Captain Boomerang never even showed up on The Flash. He was in the Arrow half of the first Flash/Arrow crossover and then appeared in the season 5 finale of Arrow.