Page 253 of 277 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4155

I just hope they don't go the "magic as drugs" metaphor storyline we've seen a bunch of times. They've already hinted at it by calling the blood magic "juicing."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I just hope they don't go the "magic as drugs" metaphor storyline we've seen a bunch of times. They've already hinted at it by calling the blood magic "juicing."
    They're definitely treating it that way. He had a magic acid trip.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Been on vacation and just watched this weeks episode.

Finally we get a better Constantine episode, one that tried hard to reach out to the dark elements of the characters roots. I knew he wasn't going to get the teens powers cause that couldn't last. The idea of magic as a drug is a trope that has been used in various places. The visuals they used made it look like LSD which was a creative choice of course to sell the "juicing" aspect that "the painting" mocked John with. So where does Juicing John end up? His dealer is a vampire...it can't end well.

ByeBye GusGus see you on Harry & the Hendersons.

Mick with 48 baby eggs in his neck....that can't end well under most circumstances unless you're the alien male designed for the eggs. But, we know they will get Mick out of this. Also, anyone else more than a bit surprised at the compatibility of human DNA and the alien squids being able to actually procreate?

Spooner, the writers keep inserting into ways they think will make her more vital but she just doesn't work. Let her go.

Would like more Zari 1.0 but got her in glorified babysitting role with GusGus.

I mentioned sometime back that with the revelation Gary is an alien he's less interesting. I'd also add...I never need to see human Gary again really. Had sort of hoped the lost glasses would never be found/recreated. Lets just have an alien on the ship full time that looks alien. Anyone else?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I mentioned sometime back that with the revelation Gary is an alien he's less interesting. I'd also add...I never need to see human Gary again really. Had sort of hoped the lost glasses would never be found/recreated. Lets just have an alien on the ship full time that looks alien. Anyone else?
    They couldn't afford that.

"Tazari Sibling powers...activate!" It kind of has a ring to it. I kept forgetting this is Zari 1.0 back, we need an episode to focus on her (and I guess Nate). This is all we're getting of Gus? Maybe he'll show up a little later.

I like the parallel pregnancy with Mick and his daughter. Will they give birth simultaneously? I'm picturing little tadpoles with Mick Rory's face, and I hope his offspring are not that terrifying.

Hey, a JSA mention! Not expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How does a kid know about a covert Superhero team like the JSA? I thought with Crisis they got completely moved over to Earth-2/Stargirl's Earth. Although I guess there's the question of Amaya. Maybe in Earth-Prime the JSA are comic book characters like they were in the comics version of Earth-1.
    I'm guessing we're dealing with multiple JSAs on multiple Earths like there are multiple Flashes (where does this leave New Earth Jay Garrick, again?). I'm not going to get my hopes up in thinking we're going to get any sort of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This might have been the edgiest Constantine we've seen in awhile. I'm not a fan that he was driven to screw people over out of selfishness more than previously where he was a bastard in the service of a greater good to combat truly horrible things. (good to see he did give the kid a chance to decide if he wanted to give up the power) Still, the story isn't over and it's not unheard of for John to falter and be selfish, so.... yeah, I can buy it.
    Yeah, same. I liked the edginess.

Mick with 48 baby eggs in his neck....that can't end well under most circumstances unless you're the alien male designed for the eggs. But, we know they will get Mick out of this. Also, anyone else more than a bit surprised at the compatibility of human DNA and the alien squids being able to actually procreate?
    On this show? The odds are actually pretty good something like that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    "Tazari Sibling powers...activate!" It kind of has a ring to it. I kept forgetting this is Zari 1.0 back, we need an episode to focus on her (and I guess Nate). This is all we're getting of Gus? Maybe he'll show up a little later.
    Making the Wonder Twin parallels actual content in an episode.

I wonder if Gleek is still stuck at the Hall of Justice...

Trailer for the rest of season 6:

They are writing off Constantine but keeping Matt Ryan on as yet another OC character named Dr. Gwyn Davies.

Amy Louise Pemberton will also be a regular as the physical version of Gideon.

Oh c'mon. Not another Amaya-Situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh c'mon. Not another Amaya-Situation.
    And yet again they write out an actual comic character in favor of an OC (not that Amaya wasn't an OC, but at least she was attached to something from the comics).

Now the only comic character left on the show is frikkin' Steel.

I guess Astra too but she may as well be an OC at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And yet again they write out an actual comic character in favor of an OC (not that Amaya wasn't an OC, but at least she was attached to something from the comics).

Now the only comic character left on the show is frikkin' Steel.

I guess Astra too but she may as well be an OC at this point.
    And to make things worse, I thought I heard that vandal savage was coming back next season.

I just don't get these producers. They keep falling in love with actors, and finding ways to keep them around. They did this ad nauseum with both Neal McDonough and Tom Kavanaugh, and found a way to do it with the actress who played Amaya and Charlie. It's gone way past ridiculous.

Why is this even called DC's Legends of Tomorrow at this point?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It has become generic superhero parody show at this point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I just don't get these producers. They keep falling in love with actors, and finding ways to keep them around. They did this ad nauseum with both Neal McDonough and Tom Kavanaugh, and found a way to do it with the actress who played Amaya and Charlie. It's gone way past ridiculous.
    As I said, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE me some Caity Lotz but this season officially moved this show from my top fave Arrowverse show to I guess I will watch it in the background while I do other stuff I actually pay attention to because I been watching it this long.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/john...202700336.html

And they still have no plans for a Beebo plush? wtf...that was merch gold they could have had with him.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

It has become generic superhero parody show at this point.
    It's barely even a Superhero show at this point.