Page 194 of 277 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4155

I love the Time Bureau stuff.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Nice that they brought back the woman with three breasts.

Retired

Love this non-crossover crossover episode more than the ARROW part of the crossove (but then I haven't been keeping up with ARROW). They really embraced the goofiness this time. But, maybe I missed it, I never found out why Zari was a cat. Anyone have the answer?

I think they were trying to give Charlie the kind of time-loop story that Zari got last season, for her hedgehog episode. But for Z, that was the episode that really made her click with the Legends. I think the reason why Zari is the MVP this season is because she learned so much about each of the crew and has chemistry with all of them.

But Charlie lost a step this episode. Sure, she found the plot in the end, but it took her too long to get there. She hasn't earned her place on the Waverider.

At first I thought Zari being a cat had to do with her being Isis, which in addition to being a DC superhero is also the name of an Ancient Egyptian goddess, and though Isis (the goddess) did not have feline features, there was indeed a reverence of domesticated cats in Egypt. Then I realized that it probably came down to the Rule of Cute. Especially when Zari Cat put her paw on John's hand to sympathize with him.

I read a recap of this episode, and it sounds like too much timey wimey stuff going on, so to quote ray, i’m going to give it a hard pass. Legends is doubling down on the self indulgent reverence this season, and it’s starting to lose me.
    Last edited by protege; 12-11-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Love this non-crossover crossover episode more than the ARROW part of the crossove (but then I haven't been keeping up with ARROW). They really embraced the goofiness this time. But, maybe I missed it, I never found out why Zari was a cat. Anyone have the answer?

I think they were trying to give Charlie the kind of time-loop story that Zari got last season, for her hedgehog episode. But for Z, that was the episode that really made her click with the Legends. I think the reason why Zari is the MVP this season is because she learned so much about each of the crew and has chemistry with all of them.

But Charlie lost a step this episode. Sure, she found the plot in the end, but it took her too long to get there. She hasn't earned her place on the Waverider.

Zari was turned into a cat during the fairy godmother mission and she never got reverted back.

Man, Constantine is such a jerk, I wanted to hear that drink song

EDIT: What a great ride. And now I'll be 4 months without my Legends >.>
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Retired

Given it looked like Nate was done with the Legends only a couple of episodes ago, it was encouraging to see him in so many team scenes this time.

I appreciated how they went back to previous time periods and characters from the season. I would think they did all those extra scenes when they were filming the episodes. But if that was the case, they would have had to have everything mapped out for the entire run up to this point. Which is fascinating.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    God i loved this

Astonishing Member

It's becoming a clown fest with the Legends being the Stooges of the DC tv universe. Bah.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Zari was turned into a cat during the fairy godmother mission and she never got reverted back.
    Oh right, hologram Gideon told Charlie that. I much preferred her hologram to the new floating head Gideon.

Next crossover, I want Morena Baccarin and Amy Pemberton in the flesh for a Gideon vs Gideon battle royal.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I read a recap of this episode, and it sounds like too much timey wimey stuff going on, so to quote ray, i’m going to give it a hard pass. Legends is doubling down on the self indulgent reverence this season, and it’s starting to lose me.
    Well, you missed one of the most fun episodes in a seaon that was nothing but fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

This might come off as patronizing, but I genuinely feel sorry for the various posters that come on this thread or others to tell us that LEGENDS is not good. I respect that everyone has the right to an opinion and maybe other people have a frame of reference that doesn't allow them to enjoy the show. But it's just too bad that they can't.

The lastest episode was one of the most brilliant pieces of television and is wonderfully entertaining. I got so much joy from it and I wish that everyone could experience the same satisfaction.

Other than that I can't really respond to the negative commentors. It's not worth giving them attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    This might come off as patronizing, but I genuinely feel sorry for the various posters that come on this thread or others to tell us that LEGENDS is not good. I respect that everyone has the right to an opinion and maybe other people have a frame of reference that doesn't allow them to enjoy the show. But it's just too bad that they can't.

The lastest episode was one of the most brilliant pieces of television and is wonderfully entertaining. I got so much joy from it and I wish that everyone could experience the same satisfaction.

Other than that I can't really respond to the negative commentors. It's not worth giving them attention.
    For me Legends is a lot like the Giffen DeMatteis run on Justice League fun and gave a nice jolt of life into the property but had a sad after effect that the premier team of the DC Universe got turned into a joke made up mostly of characters ranging from B to D listers for a decade and in meta commentary Ted Kord who character became defined by the run died at one point trying to get people to take him serious.

Legends started off as this series which took heroes others in the Arrowverse underestimated and was turning them into the heroes they could be while having some fun with premise of being a superhero time travel show. Now it seems the Zaniness is more important than growing the characters into the heroes they could be all through season one Ray was taking steps to grow now he seems content with getting into shenanigans with Nate or Mick. If Barry and Ollie ever did form the League characters like Atom, White Canary, Steel, Vixen, the Hawks, Firestorm, and Zari should be top recruits after the obvious Vibe, Killer Frost, Batwoman now, and modern Vixen but Legends feels like Ted Kord syndrome where they'd be like ok maybe Sara and possibly look up Firestorm and Hawks but be "What about Ragman?" with the rest type thing over looking them because the characters aren't taken serious. Because of that the show becomes frustrating to me and instead enjoying the zaniness I come to resent it.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-13-2018 at 08:58 AM.